Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia and Ukraine conflict.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Russia and Ukraine conflict.

[QUOTE=Bramuin;2182216]
    Quote Originally Posted by J0e Th0rnton View Post

Unfortunately that sounds good, but is not the case. There have been numerous name calling and assumptions throughout this political forum. If you are not of the majority, you are open for attack. Posters are mocked and belittled for their opinions. Democracy=Majority Rule.
    Mocking opinions and arguing is part for the course in any political forum these days(sadly).

His complaint seems to be that he should be able to just avoid arguing the points and opinions (which should be easy considering how asinine the statement he was quoting is) in lieu of just calling the guy a bunch of names.

If discussion just devolves into name calling, then what is the point?

Dobber Sports Wizard

[QUOTE=J0e Th0rnton;2182218]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramuin View Post
    Mocking opinions and arguing is part for the course in any political forum these days(sadly).
    I mean... no different than politicians
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post

I mean... no different than politicians
    Unfortunately true.

Dobber Sports Deity

[QUOTE=Bramuin;2182216]

Unfortunately that sounds good, but is not the case. There have been numerous name calling and assumptions throughout this political forum. If you are not of the majority, you are open for attack. Posters are mocked and belittled for their opinions. Democracy=Majority Rule.
    You can expect a heavier hand moderating this section of the forum going forward. Name calling, berating others and inappropriate language will soon start to see violations and temporary bans, and necessary, permanent ones.

Keyboard warriors, consider yourself on watch. This is still a Sports forum first with a political section, not a political forum with a Sports section.

If you're only here for the politics, you won't be around much longer. If anyone has an issue with this, you might as well log off now. If you think I'm lying, try me and then try to log on.

It's simple. Keep it civil and look contribute to other areas of the forum.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

#1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Veteran

[QUOTE=Axeman33;2182223]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramuin View Post

You can expect a heavier hand moderating this section of the forum going forward. Name calling, berating others and inappropriate language will soon start to see violations and temporary bans, and necessary, permanent ones.

Keyboard warriors, consider yourself on watch. This is still a Sports forum first with a political section, not a political forum with a Sports section.

If you're only here for the politics, you won't be around much longer. If anyone has an issue with this, you might as well log off now. If you think I'm lying, try me and then try to log on.

It's simple. Keep it civil and look contribute to other areas of the forum.
    Does this include negative rep's with homophobic slurs?

Dobber Sports All-Star

Indeed. Very scary situation. He feels entitled to Ukraine because of imperialistic history. The world has changed Vlad. If your entitled to Ukraine then does England get India back? Does Spain get the Philippines? Portugal get Angola/Mozambique? He just doesn’t want to recognize the Ukraine as a free sovereign country.

Plus he’s put his nukes on high alert. Yelp…
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports All-Star

[QUOTE=Bramuin;2182216]

To be fair both sides of every argument seem to attack each other just as equally. To say only the side in the majority belittles the other is patently absurd and obviously untrue.

Not really sure what the point of this post is.

I do agree that democracy equals majority rule though....
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post

Does this include negative rep's with homophobic slurs?
    Is this a rhetorical question?

Again, it seems a few here have forgotten what the banner on top of this webpage says. It doesn't say CNN forum, or Fox News forum. It' say Dobber Sports Forum and it seems some have either forgotten that or just don't realize it. I am going to help them remember that. If you do not like, or are not willing to contribute to the sports section of this website, you're logging onto the wrong webpage. Enough is enough. I can think of four or five members off the top of my head (and I am sure they know who they are too) who come to this section of the SPORTS FORUM and contribute here, and only here with any regularity. I am recommending that changes or I will help them find another place to hang their hat.

I dont think I can make it any clearer than that. I love talking politics as much as the next guy but I am able to do it without name calling or berating/belittling other members. I also love talking fantasy sports, which is what brought me to this webpage in the first place and continues to bring me back each day. That is my primary reason for logging onto this website but clearly, for some, that is not the case. That is what I am talking about. Contribute to the sports parts, and this part, of the forum respectfully, or not at all.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Feenom View Post
    Indeed. Very scary situation. He feels entitled to Ukraine because of imperialistic history. The world has changed Vlad. If your entitled to Ukraine then does England get India back? Does Spain get the Philippines? Portugal get Angola/Mozambique? He just doesn’t want to recognize the Ukraine as a free sovereign country.

Plus he’s put his nukes on high alert. Yelp…
    I think there is more at play than just imperialist history. I am not a Putin fan by any means. The man is a dictator and continually re-writes the laws so he can stay in power indefinitely. And I am very against this invasion.

but when i look at it from a detached perspective.....

if Mexico suddenly had a coup supported by Russia in 2014 where the legally elected Neutral friendly leader with a good relationship to the USA was ousted and suddenly replaced in Mexico with a Russian friendly government and Washington DC was in Texas, Im pretty sure the USA would have a shitfit and move to neutralize. Moscow is only 500 miles from Ukraine. Russia is a big country, but its population density is all very close to the potential encroaching of Nato.

Hell, Cuba is still the only country on the "trading with the enemy act" and under embargo. In the united nations, the vote to remove the embargo because it is a human rights violation to strangle a country like this is usually 187 to 2 with a few abstaining from voting. The 2 no votes to lifting the embargo are the USA and Israel. And they generally say "yeah we don't give a **** if every other nation in the world wants this embargo lifted. The US attitude is "You can vote and condemn, but we are a world superpower and will ignore you. Cuba will do as we say and change governments or we will keep strangling them"

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Titan

If you scroll through some parts of Twitter (I saw it yesterday with #nuclearwar), you see the Russia side a bit more. They've saying that the media is capturing the war from an anti-Russian lens and that Russia is in the right and only protecting themselves. It really does kind of open your eyes on multiple issues. 1, we all see our side in war as right. 2, the ability for any side to twist what's shown to show point 1. 3, how Russians get to think they're in the right.

I do get the slight irony of point 3 lol. But ya, if you fall down the rabbit hole you get to see both sides a bit more.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

Here's a great video explaining why Russia wants Ukraine
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If61baWF4GE
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Again, it seems a few here have forgotten what the banner on top of this webpage says. It doesn't say CNN forum, or Fox News forum. It' say Dobber Sports Forum and it seems some have either forgotten that or just don't realize it. I am going to help them remember that. If you do not like, or are not willing to contribute to the sports section of this website, you're logging onto the wrong webpage. Enough is enough. I can think of four or five members off the top of my head (and I am sure they know who they are too) who come to this section of the SPORTS FORUM and contribute here, and only here with any regularity. I am recommending that changes or I will help them find another place to hang their hat.
    I am definitely at least a little guilty of this myself. I still contribute to the hockey forum, but certainly not like I used to when I was heavily involved in fantasy hockey. I get it though.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Is this a rhetorical question?

I dont think I can make it any clearer than that. I love talking politics as much as the next guy but I am able to do it without name calling or berating/belittling other members. I also love talking fantasy sports, which is what brought me to this webpage in the first place and continues to bring me back each day. That is my primary reason for logging onto this website but clearly, for some, that is not the case. That is what I am talking about. Contribute to the sports parts, and this part, of the forum respectfully, or not at all.
    I rarely venture outside the fantasy portions of the forum lol. I only occasionally come venturing into the off topic areas.

but I hope I am at least polite while i am here.

McDavid C

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Here's a great video explaining why Russia wants Ukraine
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If61baWF4GE
    Thanks 2014OG. As someone who's a contrarian more than most on here I do appreciate hearing all the angles. I'll be watching the video when I find the time, but I'll be pretty doubtful I'll find any justifiability for Putin's war campaign.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24