Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia and Ukraine conflict.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Russia and Ukraine conflict.

The NHL should have banned all American born players during the Afghanistan war. Who cares if it's only ~25% of the league.

Dobber Sports Sage

Gotta get that opiate money.

Also 105% against the ban of Russian players.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Sometimes you have to think dark and twisted to get the most evil ones to take you seriously - they don't respect anything else

Having said that, NATO countries are already sanctioning Russia's wealthiest and super elite. Banning some hockey players looks petty and isn't going to create many ripples in the grand scheme of things.
    Just no is my answer. Russian, Ukraine, African, Native American, Caucasian = the same. We are human. That's it plain and simple. If one manic, that happens to be russian makes a decision to do something horrific, I'm not going to say every Russian in the world is guilty and suddenly they should be punished because they were born in a country. That's what Hasek was implying and guess what, It's racist in every sense of the definition. Just this time it happens to be against caucasians.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Just no is my answer. Russian, Ukraine, African, Native American, Caucasian = the same. We are human. That's it plain and simple. If one manic, that happens to be russian makes a decision to do something horrific, I'm not going to say every Russian in the world is guilty and suddenly they should be punished because they were born in a country. That's what Hasek was implying and guess what, It's racist in every sense of the definition. Just this time it happens to be against caucasians.
    Its not racist.

People throw that word around waaaayy too easy these days.

Russian is NOT a race...

Also pretty sure the biggest lunatic sits in the white house, not the kremlin...

Dobber Sports Grand Master

It’s xenophobic, not racist. For the first time in his entire life he is ~technically~ correct.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    It’s xenophobic, not racist. For the first time in his entire life he is ~technically~ correct.
    Sorry my bad but it's bad either way.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Sage

[QUOTE=Stifler;2182166]Its not racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler View Post
    Its not racist.

Russian is NOT a race...

Also pretty sure the biggest lunatic sits in the white house, not the kremlin...

I am on my way out of here, this forum has the most out of whack values. And this is probably the most effed up comment I have seen yet.
    I have zero interest in participating in a forum where this kind of insane, obscene garbage is perfectly acceptable, but if I accurately label the OP as a delusional, Russia-sucking Nazi dickhead for saying it--which happens to be the truth--I am banned.
    These sorts of rules are why democracy is losing and authoritarianism is winning. If you dont fight the ignorant thugs tooth and nail on every field you will lose. You Canadians have been looking down your noses at us in the States and clutching your pearls rather condescendingly. Now you have a Trumpist insurgency growing on your own soil so it will be interesting to see how, or if, you adapt.
    Have fun. I enjoyed my chats with many of you. Will miss a few of you. Best wishes.

Dobber Sports Deity

[QUOTE=Doug Glatt;2182170]
    Its not racist.

[/B]

I am on my way out of here, this forum has the most out of whack values. And this is probably the most effed up comment I have seen yet.
    I have zero interest in participating in a forum where this kind of insane, obscene garbage is perfectly acceptable, but if I accurately label the OP as a delusional, Russia-sucking Nazi dickhead for saying it--which happens to be the truth--I am banned.
    These sorts of rules are why democracy is losing and authoritarianism is winning. If you dont fight the ignorant thugs tooth and nail on every field you will lose. You Canadians have been looking down your noses at us in the States and clutching your pearls rather condescendingly. Now you have a Trumpist insurgency growing on your own soil so it will be interesting to see how, or if, you adapt.
    Have fun. I enjoyed my chats with many of you. Will miss a few of you. Best wishes.
    You do realize you do not have to click on the political posts if you don't want to see them. You came here for the hockey forums so why can you not participate in those sections and ignore the others?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports All-Star

Its not racist.

[/B]

I hope you reconsider Doug. You have always been a fantastic fountain of hockey knowledge and good conversation.

Don't let a few obtuse trolls keep you from enjoying all the great resources here at Dobber Hockey.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I guess this falls under the, ‘Even a broken watch is right twice a day’

Dobber Sports Stud

Its not racist.

[/B]

"These sorts of rules is why democracy is failing and authoritarianism is winning" as you complain someone is exercising their right to have an opinion you hate because you decided to venture into the political section.....

I'm pretty sure the general rule is no personal attacks. Its not that hard. If you really tried, you could attack the opinion as opposed to the person. But instead you are mad there are rules against calling people names because....?

Dobber Sports Stud

Its not racist.

Russian is NOT a race...

Nah, that "pretty sure" is asinine to the tenth power

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    What’s everyone’s thoughts on Hasek suggesting all Russian NHL players should be suspended?
    Absurd.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Smile Re: Russia and Ukraine conflict.

[QUOTE=J0e Th0rnton;2182212]
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post

"These sorts of rules is why democracy is failing and authoritarianism is winning" as you complain someone is exercising their right to have an opinion you hate because you decided to venture into the political section.....

I'm pretty sure the general rule is no personal attacks. Its not that hard. If you really tried, you could attack the opinion as opposed to the person. But instead you are mad there are rules against calling people names because....?

Unfortunately that sounds good, but is not the case. There have been numerous name calling and assumptions throughout this political forum. If you are not of the majority, you are open for attack. Posters are mocked and belittled for their opinions. Democracy=Majority Rule.
    You can never have too much information. You can only ever misuse the information you were given.

Dobber Sports Star

This is definitely in the top 10 dumbest things I've ever read on a public forum. You've been completely brainwashed by your garbage online research.