Thread: Denisenko for Malkin

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Denisenko for Malkin

Would you trade Denisenko for Malkin in a keeper league with a salary cap. This year i'm battling for the second place money, Malkin will surely help, but he is not easy to fit in my line up with his salary. Always injured, will he still be helpfull to me in 2 years? I'm not overly confident in Denisenko becoming a 45 to 60 pts player 2-3 years from now, seeing what he is doing this year in the AHL, but the potential is still there to become an important piece in Flo playing with elite talents. Would you move him?

Rep will be given where i can, thank you!
    Keeper league - 83 500 000$ salary cap (per week) - 8 teams - set roster weekly 10F, 5D, 2G
    Points only
    Keep 23 players at the end of the season + all players on ELC

Forwards: A. Barkov, B. Boeser, M. Bourque, J. Bratt, J. Farabee, K. Fiala, A. Holtz, P. Kane, K. Kaprizov, K. Kakko, T. Konecny, P. Krebs, A. Lafrenière, D. Larkin, E. Malkin, A. Mangiapane, D. Pastrnak, J. Pelletier, J. Puljujarvi, M. Rossi, S. Stamkos, R. Thomas, M. Zibanejad

Defense: C. Addison, T. Barrie, V. Dunn, M. Rielly, B. Schneider, V. Soderstrom, J. Spence, C. York

Goalies:​ K. Kahkonen J. Oettinger, J. Saros, D. Tarasov

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Denisenko for Malkin

Not worth giving up Denisenko for 2nd or 3rd place money. The return (Malkin) has played his best hockey already and I fear he will be yoyo-ing in and out of the Pens lineup. If I'm in a pool I want to win above all else and if I know I am in the 2nd-3rd to 4th etc positions and get a fraction then it's not worth it to lose good prospects. It's just me though, to some money is above all else. I just don't have too much confidence in Geno anymore either. Good luck.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd absolutely do that. Malkin may be hard to fit in, but he's an impact guy when healthy.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Initiate

How hard would it be to fit him in?
    Like who are your dropping?

Malkin is Malkin you know exactly what you are getting.
    Denisenko is still trying to sort it out and crack Florida's lineup.

As for the next 2 seasons for Malkin. Well hope for good health and that he plays 75% to 80% of the games. Last season was his worst 82gp pace; 70pts. That is still 5pts higher then what you think Denisenko top is.
    Malkin is a career 1.18 pts/per game player.

Dobber Sports Ace

I have no faith in Denisenko. Is Malkin the only option? I’d do it either way, just curious.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by bbfl1987 View Post
    I have no faith in Denisenko. Is Malkin the only option? I’d do it either way, just curious.
    I also have no faith in Denisenko. I'd turn him into Malkin if possible.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Well Denisenko kinda looks like Luis Mendoza.... so once he learns to stop then the sky is the limit!

Assuming it is a ROTO league and that is why you are battling for 2nd place money (because 1st place is way out of reach)

I think you can add Malkin and obtain points while he is healthy.
    When he gets injured... hopefully you can stash him and free the cap space.

I likely would not do this in a H2H league.
    I would try to find a bit lesser of a talent that I am less concerned about missing time in fantasy playoffs.
    Malkin is on Pittsburgh who look like they will be guaranteed a playoff spot come fantasy playoff time...
    That means they will likely rest the oft-injured superstar to keep him healthy for playoffs.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by bbfl1987 View Post
    For the moment, yeah it's the only option.
    Keeper league - 83 500 000$ salary cap (per week) - 8 teams - set roster weekly 10F, 5D, 2G
    Points only

Forwards: A. Barkov, B. Boeser, M. Bourque, J. Bratt, J. Farabee, K. Fiala, A. Holtz, P. Kane, K. Kaprizov, K. Kakko, T. Konecny, P. Krebs, A. Lafrenière, D. Larkin, E. Malkin, A. Mangiapane, D. Pastrnak, J. Pelletier, J. Puljujarvi, M. Rossi, S. Stamkos, R. Thomas, M. Zibanejad

Defense: C. Addison, T. Barrie, V. Dunn, M. Rielly, B. Schneider, V. Soderstrom, J. Spence, C. York

Dobber Sports Sophomore

[QUOTE=TheDard;2180729]How hard would it be to fit him in?
    Like who are your dropping?

The player i will have to drop at the end of the season will depend on his next contract. North of 7,5 its him, Stamkos, Kaprizov, Barkov, Rielly, Landeskog or Kane. Below 7,5 it's not a problem do drop someone else. It can be a good bet.
    Points only