Thread: Similiar offer as before...but now Shester vs. Bob Do you do it?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Similiar offer as before...but now Shester vs. Bob Do you do it?

Many of you have given me solid advice in the past and I was wondering if anyone can give me some feedback on the trade offer I was offered last evening.

League Info:
    Yahoo H2H - Daily Line-Up - Keep 5 - Trading Draft picks allowed
    Roster Positions: C, C, LW, RW, F, F, D, D, D, Util, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR+, IR+, IR+, IR+
    Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: G, A, P, (+/-), PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW
    Goaltenders Stat Categories: W, L, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

I was offered:
    Bobrovsky/Pastranak/Weeger Draft Picks - 1st Rd / 1st Rd

For My:
    Shesterkin / R. Hartman / Draft Picks - 6th Rd / 7 Rd.

My Team:
    C Ryan Hartman Min - C,RW
    C Leon Draisaitl Edm - C,LW 
    LW Alex Killorn TB - LW,RW
    RW Alex DeBrincat Chi - LW,RW 
    F Cam Atkinson Phi - RW
    F Elias Lindholm Cgy - C,RW 
    D Torey Krug StL - D
    D Roman Josi Nsh - D
    D (Empty)
    Util Matt Duchene Nsh - C,RW
    G Tristan Jarry Pit - G
    G Igor Shesterkin NYR - G 
    BN Barclay Goodrow NYR - C,LW,RW
    BN Ilya Mikheyev Tor - LW,RW
    BN Colton Sissons Nsh - C,RW
    IR Chandler Stephenson VGK - C,LW
    IR+ Jonathan Toews Chi - C
    BN Casey DeSmith Pit - G
    BN Alexandar Georgiev NYR - G

So about 2 weeks ago I was essentially offer the Blues goalie cuff (Binnington/Husso) for Shesterkin. I turned it down. Now I have been countered with the same GM now offering me Bobrovsky/Weeger/Pastrnak for Shester and Hartman.

As someone astutely mentioned in that previous thread, one simply does not trade a potential Vienza winning goalie.

Would you pull the trigger? I would obvious also increase my scoring with Pastrnak, but do I hurt my goalie situation in the long run? I know Shester will be "THE" goalie in NY for years to come. I'm not sure what happens to Bobrovsky next year or the next, especially with Knight in the mix.

I could counter with Jarry instead of Bobrovsky (which is what I'm leaning to do).

Obviously this GM sees the potential in Shesterkin and is trying to dump Bob. This Gm is currently sitting at #7 in our league. (top 8 make playoffs)

I dropped one spot from #2 to #3.

My gut says keep Shester and offer Jarry.

Thoughts?

Again...appreciate all the inside you guys provide.
    League #1
    Yahoo 14 team Keep 5 Keeper League

Roster Positions: C, C, LW, RW, F, F, D, D, D, Util, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR+, IR+, IR+, IR+
    Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: , A, P, (+/-), PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW

C (x2): Bedard / Draisaitl
    LW: Stutzle
    RW: Giroux
    F (x2): Bratt / Terry
    D (x3): Heiskanen / Morrissey / Jones
    Util: Jenner
    G (x2): Korpisalo / Grubauer

BN (x4): D. Teows / Boldy / UPL / B. Schenn

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Similiar offer as before...but now Shester vs. Bob Do you do it?

The thing with Bob is, if you look at his history, his only downfall was moving to Florida during two shortened seasons, where the defense, before this season, hung him out to dry nightly. Otherwise, he has always been that Vezina caliber talent.

He is also signed long-term on a pricey deal, whereas Knight has shown that he's not ready to handle the job, and nor should he be at 20yrs old. As talented as he is, he may not take over the crease for a few more years. Even at 23-24, he'd be a very very young starter.

Within that few year time period you're getting a solid goalie on a great team, a top 5-10 player most seasons, and high picks. Harry is good too, but if Bob is the goalie you're getting back, I still like it... And I think Shesterkin is arguably right up there with Vasilevskiy in terms of talent.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

It's tough to trade a goalie like Shesterkin but that is a strong offer. Pastrnak and Bob replacing Lindholm and Shesterkin as keepers and you get two first rounders in a keep 5.

Dobber Sports Deity

In a limited keeper like this, it really comes down to who you plan on keeping. I assume, looking at your roster, Pastrnak would be a keeper for you, but would Bobrovsky be one too?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    In a limited keeper like this, it really comes down to who you plan on keeping. I assume, looking at your roster, Pastrnak would be a keeper for you, but would Bobrovsky be one too?

In answer to your question .... My Keepers "if" I pull the trigger would be Draisaitl / Pastrnak / Josi (scorning d-men are a sought out commodity in our League) / and both Bobrovsky and Jarry (again goalies are hard to come by)

Hate to lose Debrincat but it becomes a numbers game

if I pull off this trade I have real legit chance of making the championship of our league
    League #1

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'd rather Debrincat and Shesterkin as keepers but for a shot at the championship this year (and a good one for next year), I'd make the trade.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd be willing to make the deal, but I'd plan to keep Debrincat over Jarry.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

thanks everybody ...appreciate all the input.

Now I have to stew on it for a bit ....
    League #1

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Update:

So I pulled the trigger. Modified it a bit. In the end the trade goes as is ....

I send my Shesterkin / Stephenson / 8th Rd / 9th Rd

I get his Bobrovsky / Guetzel / 1st (mid) / 1st (late)

I then flipped the 1st (mid) to another GM for his Tarasenko.

I then needed to balance out my G vs A and ended up flipping my DeBrincat for another GM's Letang.

That balanced out my d-men as we run 3 but I only had 2 at the time. My D-men are (Josi / Krug / Letang) with Bob and Jarry in goal.

It was tough to give up Shester, but I'm going for broke this year trying to not only win our Leagues President's Trophy but win the whole thing. Giving up Shester was what got me the 2 1st Rd picks. Bob and Shester are neck and neck this year in value. Both the other GM and I are happy with the deal. I sincerely appreciate all the advice to all who responded. Thanks.

My Keepers , which is a Keep 5, are now: Draisaitl / Guentzel / Josi / Bob / Jarry
    League #1