LW, LW, LW, LW,
    RW, RW, RW, RW,
    D, D, D, D, D, D,
    G, G,
    BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN,
    IR, IR,
    IR+, IR+, IR+, IR+, IR+,
    NA, NA, NA, NA, NA

(G), (A), (PIM), (PPP), (SOG), (HIT), (BLK)

(W), (GAA), (SV%), (SHO)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re:Erik johnson vs Jack johnson

As much as I love the way Jack plays, I think Erik will outscore him. The penalty minute difference won\'t be huge, although Jack likes to stir things up a bit. Plus/minus, a hard stat to predict and so team dependant - in this case LA vs STL? I\'d say close enough to a wash, but lean towards Erik. After watching them both play, Erik plays a more controlled game and Jack\'s a bit of a risk taker. Jack will likely need some experience before he learns when he can pinch at the NHL level. I see Erik having more shots on goal based on more ice time and PP minutes.

Shoot out goal? Not a fan of that stat? Kind of like GWG. How many would the leader of that category have at the end of the year? 10? Almost not worth keeping track of.

Hell, even plus/minus is a stat I hate. Lidstrom, same team, three consecutive years: +36, +7, +43, a couple years of stability, then three more consecutive years +13, +40, +19. And my favourite, Chris Pronger going -18, +15, +47, +3, +52, +21 in consecutive years with the same team!
    It\'s not like their roles with the team changed. Sorry, off on a bit of a rant. Back to the question.

Erik.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Erik is going to separate himself from Jack in the next few seasons. He isn\'t as flashy, but is better defensively, bigger, smarter, and similar in the offensive end. The sky is the limit for both, but Erik\'s sky is higher.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Ninja

angus wrote:
    Erik is going to separate himself from Jack in the next few seasons. He isn\'t as flashy, but is better defensively, bigger, smarter, and similar in the offensive end. The sky is the limit for both, but Erik\'s sky is higher.
    It took me three times as much space to say what Angus said! Kudos Angus for not being so wordy.

Erik will be the better player, but Jack Johnson will be the most fun to watch. He\'s got personality, he\'s tough, he gambles alot (at least at the junior level), he\'s got the best wrist shot I\'ve ever seen on a defenceman.

What the hell was Carolina\'s GM (I think it was Rutherford?) thinking when he traded Jack Johnson for Tim Gleason and Eric Belanger. Was the GM\'s job in jeopardy? No, they just won the Stanley Cup. Even I thought that was a bad trade at the time.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Icon

the comish wrote:
    What the hell was Carolina\'s GM (I think it was Rutherford?) thinking when he traded Jack Johnson for Tim Gleason and Eric Belanger. Was the GM\'s job in jeopardy? No, they just won the Stanley Cup. Even I thought that was a bad trade at the time.
    That\'s why emotions should never be involved in trades... he just got pissed that he was staying in college and traded him like a little baby...
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW