Thread: Eichel for Byfield + Byram

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Eichel for Byfield + Byram

Just took over a team in a 14 team league, was offered Eichel for Byfield, Byram, and Cayden Primeau

Cats are: G, A, +/-, PPP, PIMS, SOG, Hits, Blks, FOW

Roster is:

N. Suzuki, Hintz, Johansen, Kreider, Hyman, Tuch, D. Strome, Kubalik, Puljujarvi, Palmieri, Kaliyev, Stone, Gallagher, Couturier, Kotkaniemi, Mittelstadt, Lebanc.

Heiskanen, Ekblad, Klingberg, Sergachev, Muzzin, Bouchard, Dobson, R. Andersson, Werenski, E. Johnson, N. Hague

Notable prospects: Byfield, Byram, Bouchard, Drysdale, L. Hughes, Sandin, Liljegren, K. Guhle, Tippett, Poehling, R. Suzuki, Pinelli, Amirov, L. Andersson, Mailloux

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Eichel for Byfield + Byram

I would take that. Byfield and Byram are excellent prospects, but Eichel has 100 point upside upon his return.

Dobber Sports Deity

Yes sir! Take that deal.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Risk/Reward here really.

Eichel might not be the same player he was when he's back (though from reports on the ice from Vegas practices, sounds like he already is their best player) plus new surgery, maybe he gets hurt again and is done?
    Risk: 1.5/5
    Eichel was pretty much a ppg player on an atrocious Buffalo squad, surrounded by essentially other teams cast-offs, can only imagine what he might be capable of with the support of Stone/Patches/Piets/Theodore etc; can definitely see 100 point upside in his future.
    Reward: 4.5/5 (Not a big multi-cat guy, only reason it's not a 5/5)

Byfield and Byram...Byram looks like a stud, some injury/concussion problems early on in his career, hopefully he can put that behind him. Byfield is gonna take some time, plus for his size, he doesn't throw his weight around that much, which is a shame since the dude is a beast. There is a lot of multi-cat potential goodness sitting there though.
    Risk: 2.5/5
    Byram is 2nd fiddle to Makar for as long as they're on that team together, which is fine, he still looks like a 50+ point D with good periphs, just if he was "the guy" easily see 60+ point upside. Byfield's ceiling is high, 100 point season high, not sure if he gets there, but hard to not seeing him be at least a near ppg player in a few years, if he also starts using that 6'5" 220lb (kid is only 19 too) frame of his, he can be a multi-cat god potentially.
    Reward: 5/5

If you can compete next couple of years for a title, I'd say do that deal 100%, if not...then the deal still might be worth doing, but there is a chance you will be kicking yourself hard 2-3 years down the line if Byfield is putting up ppg numbers on a stacked LA squad, Byram is doing 50+ points in Col.
    12 Team Dynasty League. $4 increase per player a year FP/ reduced salary for 3 years, Keep 8-12 (League Champion 14/15, 16/17, 19/20, 22/23, 23/24)

Categories - D-G, G, A, PPP, SHP, SoG, Hits/Blocks, FoW, FoW%, Give/Take, Wins, GAA, Save%, Saves.

C: Tavares $33, Eichel $16 (1st yr FP), Trocheck $18, Jenner $9 Beniers $2 (1st yr RC)

W: Ovechkin $18, Hintz $17, Pavelski $11, Zacha $10, Kaprizov $7, Johnston $2 (1st yr RC), Reichel $2 (1st yr RC), Bertuzzi $1, Tippet $1

D: Burns $20, Jones $17, Werenski $16 (2nd yr FP), Matheson $5, Spurgeon $1, OEL $1

G: Shesterkin $7, Sorokin $3 (2nd yr RC), Raanta $1

MLP Bench: Rossi, Nazar, Kovalenko, Nikishin, Morrow, Ivanov

Dobber Sports Icon

i personally think there is more risk involved in keeping byfield than trading for Eichel ...time will tell i guess
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Superstar

I agree that there is some risk here. But that risk is associated with every player in this deal. Yes, Eichel might not fully recover from his injury. Byfield is a year or two away and to be honest I'm not at all convinced that he becomes the uber monster many think he will be. Byram remains buried in the Av's back end and that back end is not likely to change for a few years and present him with big time opportunity. If you agree with this, and some may not, then I would suggest that moving a player with Eichel's potential for lesser potential is not the way to go. Eichel is 25 years old, just hitting his prime. I'm willing to take on the risk that he doesn't get back to what we have seen already and take a young team like yours and build around him. To be sure, Eichel is a player you build around, this is not the case with either Byfield or Byram IMO.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Rookie

Thank you all. I went ahead and took the deal. And I agree with you guys that there is definitely some risk, but it could very well end up being a win win for all sides. Or at least favorable to my side. Byram…I love the kid but being behind Makar and Toews (and having Girard there too) does give me slight pause, as do the concussions. And Byfield…I look it as if all goes well he turns into what Jack has been and can be still.

The team I took over is currently tied for last and there’s a pretty sizable margin between us two in last and the next closest teams. But mine should’ve been at least a playoff team this year (the manager prior was MIA for a month or two before they decided to replace him, so that’s why I’m in last), and with some more tweaking could maybe even contend in the next couple years.

I think my plan for this year is the lay low and maybe secure a top pick in the rookie draft and then come summer time probably start to really shake things up a bit.