Thread: Leclair going to bounce back

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Leclair going to bounce back

Do you guys think that Leclaire will bounce back? He is 3-3 and should be coming back sooner then later. I know he won\'t be a 9 shutout man but can he put him some decent totals??
    Year 18 keeper pool. 10 GM roto pool. Keep 2 Centers, 3 Wings,3 Defence,1 Goalie,1 extra. and Prospects up to 5 years after drafted if not activated.
    G, A ,PPG, PPA, Shots, Hits, Blocks, SHP,W, GAA, Sv%, SO ( goals and assist are worth 1.5 points) (shp worth .5)

Centers: S Aho, J.T Miller

Wings: M.Tkachuk, A.Svechnikov, Fiala, Giroux

Defence: Josi,Makar,Chychrun

Goalie: Georgiev

(IR)

Farm: Byfield, Byram, Mercer, Lundkvist Frost, Boldy, Comtois, Fabbro, Nemec , Barlow, Carlsson, Dvorsky,

2015 & 2016 BPKL CHAMPS!

Dobber Sports Pro

I have Biron Legace Theoadore and Garon and my team is in last in all goalie stats.

leclaire Halak harding roloson budaj are on waivers i want one of them which one should I grab?
    Year 18 keeper pool. 10 GM roto pool. Keep 2 Centers, 3 Wings,3 Defence,1 Goalie,1 extra. and Prospects up to 5 years after drafted if not activated.
    G, A ,PPG, PPA, Shots, Hits, Blocks, SHP,W, GAA, Sv%, SO ( goals and assist are worth 1.5 points) (shp worth .5)

Centers: S Aho, J.T Miller

Wings: M.Tkachuk, A.Svechnikov, Fiala, Giroux

Defence: Josi,Makar,Chychrun

Goalie: Georgiev

(IR)

Farm: Byfield, Byram, Mercer, Lundkvist Frost, Boldy, Comtois, Fabbro, Nemec , Barlow, Carlsson, Dvorsky,

2015 & 2016 BPKL CHAMPS!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

ouch....I thought you were saying the \"John Leclair going to bounce back\". :laugh:

Leclaire : will bounce back, but will get injured again.
    Halak : plays strong, numbers game with Price. I think Halak will play more games in the second half.
    Harding : Backstrom is playing strong. Might not get too many games. Good goalie as a keeper.
    Roloson : will get traded. Is old to keep.
    Budaj : see Dobber\'s rambling. He is like a roller coaster ride and get win or lose the #1 goalie status with Raycroft.

Bottom line, it\'s either you want good stats per game played (Halak, Harding) or playing many games (Budaj, Leclaire).

I would try with Leclaire, but be patient.
    QHL Stanley Cup champion 2006-07, 2007-08, 2008-09
    www.thephysicsofhockey.com

Dobber Sports Initiate

Well from that list, obviously Budaj and Leclaire are your best options as they are the only starters on the list.

I don\'t really know that Leclaire is going to \"bounce back\" much. I think he has been about what he will be. Sure he\'ll have some shutouts thrown in there, and, he might have a few more wins this year if he plays in the same amount of games since columbus is doing a better job scoring goals this year. All that said, I still think last year\'s season is a good benchmark, with something more along the lines of 4-7 shutouts instead of 9. Similar statistical numbers and a a few more wins.

Budaj is not going to have good statistical (sv %/gaa) numbers. At least he\'s not shown signs of that this year or last. I like Colorado to have a few more wins than Columbus, and, there\'s less of an injury history with Budaj, but, I\'d personally go with Leclaire assuming save percentage and goals against matter in your league.
    12 H2H Pts - Keep 17 + 8 Farm
    Points for: G,A,PPP,SHP,D Points,+/-,S,PIM,HIT,BLKS; Wins,SO,OTL,S,GA

C(3): Getzlaf,Lecavalier,Berglund,Granlund*
    RW(3): Perry,Wheeler,Franzen(LW),Hemsky,Little
    LW(3): Zetterberg(C),Marleau,Duchene(C),Clowe(RW)
    D (6): Seabrook,Kronwall,Zidlicky,Giordano,Faulk*,Diaz*,W ilson*
    G (2): Luongo,Smith,Neuvirth

Farm (<200 GP/<100 GP goalie):
    C: Kuznetsov,Hartikainen
    W: Paajarvi,Greening
    D: Kostka,Martinez,
    G: Bishop,Gibson,Johnson

Dobber Sports Veteran

I have to say LeClair hands down. He does have the injury history, but:

1 he is young and will only get better.
    2 plays on a team that stresses defense
    3 plays on a team that will only improve in the next 3 years

He may not be top half of league in wins but he should be pretty decent in GAA and SV%.

Have a decent back up ready. I can\'t tell from your Sig if you can carry a goalie on your Bench.
    REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner

The Great One

Wow- I really think Leclaire is being underrated here. I will admit he has the injury bug. That may not ever go away and he could be held back his whole career by it.

HOWEVER

He is an elite tender. On a better team (which by the way Columbus is making some very good steps towards becoming), he could be a top 5 goaltender. He has mad skills in net, and Columbus\' defense first stykle is going to help keep his gaa down and his SO\'s high. He has tons of room to grow at 25. His 9 shutouts came in a condensed 54 game season. If this guy stays healthy and his team figures it out- watch out!

I know you could say that about a lot of number 1\'s on bad teams, but to me Leclaire stands out as the biggest boom/bust gamble out there. Plus if you\'ve watched him play you have to give credit. It seems lots of athletically gifted goalies get plunged on bad defensive teams. Leclaire has the natural talent and the defensive sytems in place to earn a spot in the upper echelon of goaltending greats...

Dobber Sports Guru

quite right there emu. he is a really solid tender, and i love how his pads are so short relative to his body.

BUT... the issues with his ankles worry me lots this year. apparently they\'ve been bothering him since training camp... not good.

he has put columbus in a dicey situation. more than ever, they NEED to win games this year, and Norrena has been less than impressive. if leclaire keeps getting hurt, they may be forced to acquire another goalie one way or another.

The Great One

Agreed- they are feeling the pressure \&quot;big time\&quot; over there. When they start putting Nash at center you know they are gettting desperate- lol! I am really hoping he can shake it but he is one of those guys that could leave you high and dry. His upside is with the best of them but his downside is equivalent to an empty roster spot. In most leagues where goalie cats are valued so highly hes a bit of a risk, and not for the feint of heart. If you like to gamble though- hes your guy...

I traded Smith for him straight up. Still waiting on the verdict on that one...:blush:

Dobber Sports Padawan

yeah i need pascal to bounce back, i am womping offensive stats in my $$$ keeper but my goalie stats with bryz/leclaire leave much to be desired :S ... i just traded for mike smith as an insurance policy in case leclaires return is short lived and/or ugly, but i still believe in him, about this time last year many had written off marc-andre fleury... for anyone who doesnt see pascal\'s potential, just look at his performance at the worlds last year... the nash/getz/heater line may have had all the headlines but pascal was absolutely stellar as well, thats a big reason why i still have faith.

oh and i dropped tim thomas before the season started to boot :angry: ... talk about adding insult to injury!
    Dynasty - $100/yr buy-in - YEAR 8 - $100M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C - Crosby, Malkin, Getzlaf
    LW - Pavelski, Domi
    RW - Seguin, Perry
    D - Letang, OEL, Carlson, Hamilton, J. Schultz
    Util - M. Koivu, Aho, Spooner, Atkinson
    G - Rask, Quick

BENCH
    Brassard, Bjugstad, Jagr, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Buchnevich, Ekblad, Beaulieu, Severson, Lundqvist
    PROSPECT
    Puljujarvi, Boeser, Barzal, Dal Colle, Fiala, Sergachev, Lindell

FOUR TIME DEFENDING CHAMPION