Thread: Traded HelleBuyck+Marchessault for Kucherov and Reimer. League in sig

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Traded HelleBuyck+Marchessault for Kucherov and Reimer. League in sig

I'm feeling immediate buyers remorse. Goalies are beyond valuable in this league and Hellebuyck is my favorite goalie in the league. The jets have made me grind my teeth all season with their piss poor Defense and lazy forwards outside Dubois. Someone please talk me off the cliff?

I was strongly considering keeping 3 goalies depending on how the offseason goes. If Winnipeg gets new coaching, if Kuemper wants a raise and Sakic sends him packing and Francouz resigns for 4x4m he suddenly is the starter on the best team in the league.

Problem is, if Kuemper does resign, Francouz's value tanks. Then now I have a problem. A big one. I don't draft until 3rd round. Most goalies are gone by then except for the click and pray guys. I have gone into the next year with 2 goalies almost every year for the last few years.

Hellebuyck IS as good as I think he is. he sucks at puck handling, but is amazing at stopping it if his team doesn't leave him hanging over and over and even then, he was able to steal games in the last 6 years a LOT. This hurts a lot. But Winnipeg is playing so bad under Lowry. I strongly suspect he will bounce back and I am going to hate myself for this next year.

If all 3 goalies played well at the start of next year, it is conceivable I could trade one for a kings ransom if I kept 3.

Im not feeling this trade and I am drastically second guessing it lol. Even though I sent it. On paper, its a good thing. Kucherov is on fire. Hellboy is tanking my GAA and sv%. But even on a putrid crap season he still has 14 wins(top 16) and 1000+ saves(2nd overall) and his sv% is 0.91%

This season now hangs on James Reimer and the Sharks, and Francouz getting a 50/50 split. ARRRRG
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Traded HelleBuyck+Marchessault for Kucherov and Reimer. League in sig

I understand it and it certainly could work.

I wouldn't have done it, because I trust Helle a ton as well, and while Reimer has been decent, it's too much goalie uncertainty for me.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Traded HelleBuyck+Marchessault for Kucherov and Reimer. League in sig

I think it's a win. Kucherov is a top level talent!
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews
    LW - Draisaitl
    RW - ​​Marner
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey
    G -
    B -

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6,7
    '25 - Extra 1st, Extra 2nd /// ‘26 - 2 Extra 1sts, 2 Extra 2nds
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, M. Tkachuk
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson
    G - Vasilevskiy, Markstrom
    B -
    M - Michkov, Perreault, Hutson, Nikishin, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I understand it and it certainly could work.

I wouldn't have done it, because I trust Helle a ton as well, and while Reimer has been decent, it's too much goalie uncertainty for me.

Im setting up a Kuemper voodoo doll as we speak

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

The Great One

You were considering keeping 3 goalies in a keep 5? Seems odd to me. I'm not super crazy about the deal because it seems to leave you scrambling for next year at the goalie position, from what you say.

And this year - Francouz - man, I have owned him for a few years and it's been painful. The talent is there. But about as reliable as Mike Smith.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Well this was a risky move for sure. With all your Goalie scoring cats you really need to get down on your hands and knees and pray that Lehner rounds into form and Reimer and Francouz finish well. Adding Kucherov was nice, it will boil down to your goaltending to determine how nice ... or not. Personally, I don't really mind this, Kucherov is a bonafide must keep, dude just has to get and stay healthy, so a bit of risk there. Hellebucyk is a keep as well, but an argument could be made for Lehner, there are certainly worse options out there so going into next year the shelf is far from empty in terms of goaltending. This one is a wait and see IMO. As a final point, I'm also seriously questioning keeping 3 goalies in a keep 5, they are just way way way too unpredictable. They guys you currently have bolded as your keeps is bang on IMO. Good Luck.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    You were considering keeping 3 goalies in a keep 5? Seems odd to me. I'm not super crazy about the deal because it seems to leave you scrambling for next year at the goalie position, from what you say.

And this year - Francouz - man, I have owned him for a few years and it's been painful. The talent is there. But about as reliable as Mike Smith.

I hope I can work trade magic during the first month and a half of the season usually. Most goalies play like shit early season and everyone panics lol. I also don't draft THAT late as I have 2 early 3rd rounders. If I play my cards right I can snag some platoon guys, wait until they have a hot streak during another goalie's cold streak and package them.

Francouz was off an entire year after the surgery, but he looks amazing otherwise. The Avs are a bit handcuffed financially and I have a feeling Kuemper is going to want a raise from his 4.5 million with his current record of 21-5-2. He has never been given a big contract in his career and this could be his last chance.

Mackinnon needs a raise in 2023. Rantanen signed a 9.2m contract, Landeskog signed a long 7m extension. Makar signed a long 9m extension. Kadri is pending UFA and having a great year. Burakowsky is UFA.

these guys do not have a lot of wiggle room. Francouz signing a 3.5 or 4mx4 year sounds more likely than Kuemper saying "Ill play for cheap".

McDavid C

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    Well this was a risky move for sure. With all your Goalie scoring cats you really need to get down on your hands and knees and pray that Lehner rounds into form and Reimer and Francouz finish well. Adding Kucherov was nice, it will boil down to your goaltending to determine how nice ... or not. Personally, I don't really mind this, Kucherov is a bonafide must keep, dude just has to get and stay healthy, so a bit of risk there. Hellebucyk is a keep as well, but an argument could be made for Lehner, there are certainly worse options out there so going into next year the shelf is far from empty in terms of goaltending. This one is a wait and see IMO. As a final point, I'm also seriously questioning keeping 3 goalies in a keep 5, they are just way way way too unpredictable. They guys you currently have bolded as your keeps is bang on IMO. Good Luck.
    Lehner's been......pretty damn solid as the season progressed. Early on Vegas had difficulties because Stone, pacioretty both injured and several Dmen out. no team loses its top 2 forwards for months and goes unscathed

He's 11-4-1 since December.

McDavid C