Thread: The ridiculous Frolov proposal...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default The ridiculous Frolov proposal...

Hello guys,

A guy in my keeper really wants Frolov, and offered me a 5 for 1. However, this 5 for 1 doesn\'t look that appealing to me, and I\'ll probably say no ; I just want to be sure : can anyone here make me change my mind ?

I give : Frolov
    I get : Cam Ward, Backlund, Kugryshev, a 3rd, a 4th

My forwards are strong. Our top 8 count : Jokinen, Stastny, Perry, Selanne, Kovalev, Horton, Michalek, Frolov, Kessel, Gomez, Pavelski, Nylander

I guess I could live without Frolov, but at the same time, I don\'t feel I\'d gain a lot here. Ward, ok. 1 goalie counts. I have Turco, and that\'s all, so it would give me a good back-up. And I like those prospects, but prospects are prospects, and I feel like I can make it all the way with a litte luck.

Anyway, what do you think ? He\'s so crazy right now, maybe I could ask him to throw Gerbe or Sanguinetti in the mix also, but still...

Frolov is pretty streaky but you know he got what it takes in the NHL level, Backlund not. Plus, if you consider position, Frolov is LW.

But you got a pretty good team so if you can take the risk, this trade can give you a big reward but you give the best player in the deal.
    10Player(17keeper+20farm)
    G,Hit,SB,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,GWG,SOG,W,Sv%,GAA,SHO,S

Forward : Ericksson,Lucic,Landeskog,Hartnell,Vanek,Dubinsky, Paajarvis,Clune,Beleskey,Crosby,Backstrom,Malkin,B ackes,Giroux,Grigorenko,Nyquist,Grabovski,Forsberg ,Granlund,Henrique,Shinkaruk,Jarnkrok,Brunner,Wenn berg,Iginla,Stewart,Niederreiter,Silverberg,Connol y,Vey,Hartman,Ovechkin,Eberle,Tarasenko,Okposo

Denfense : Carle,Diaz,Gormley,Reinhart,Ekholm,Vatanen,Gudas,Z adorov,Weber,Letang,Byfuglien,Subban,

Goaltender : Fleury,Bishop,Markstrom,Luongo,Halak

The Magnificent One

dont do it but if he wants him so badly counter. who else does he have on his team? you could use a backup goalie always helps and ward isnt too bad to get. maybe he has someone else so you can get ward, someone and 3rd round pick. for frolov
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Well, the problem is the guy is (eternally) rebuilding. He\'s got some kids he won\'t give (Brassard, Backstrom, Gagner, Weber, Erik Johnson), and the rest his mostly crap. I asked him if he could change Ward for Giguere, and he said no way ; try to understand the logic here...

Anyway, there are a lot of prospects on his farm, along with Backlund and Kugryshev : Kulemin, Frolik, Skille, Mayorov, Sanguinetti, Schremp, Gerbe, Couture.

Nothing to get too excited about, in my opinion...

Frolik, Skile and Sanguinetti should be considered ...
    10Player(17keeper+20farm)
    G,Hit,SB,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,GWG,SOG,W,Sv%,GAA,SHO,S

Forward : Ericksson,Lucic,Landeskog,Hartnell,Vanek,Dubinsky, Paajarvis,Clune,Beleskey,Crosby,Backstrom,Malkin,B ackes,Giroux,Grigorenko,Nyquist,Grabovski,Forsberg ,Granlund,Henrique,Shinkaruk,Jarnkrok,Brunner,Wenn berg,Iginla,Stewart,Niederreiter,Silverberg,Connol y,Vey,Hartman,Ovechkin,Eberle,Tarasenko,Okposo

Denfense : Carle,Diaz,Gormley,Reinhart,Ekholm,Vatanen,Gudas,Z adorov,Weber,Letang,Byfuglien,Subban,

Goaltender : Fleury,Bishop,Markstrom,Luongo,Halak

The Magnificent One

yeah i understand why he wouldnt trade the goalies. i wouldnt either.

you can ask for ward and kulemin. he is LW like frolov and putitn gup pretty good numbers and getting time in good situations.

this is only if you think you need to make a move and need an upgrade in your goalie situation. if you are losing in stats for goalies ward might not give you the best numbers but will provide you with starts.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Just to clarify, Newper, our scoring system is really simple :

Forwards : 2 pts a goal, 1 an assist
    D-men : 3 pts a goal, 2 an assist
    Goalies : 2 pts a win, 1 a shootout loss, 3 extra a shutout.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I would maybe not go with the deal you listed, but, given your depth at forward I would make a deal happen with this guy if he wants Frolov that bad.

I\'d think at the end of the year, your top seven will probably be Jokinen, Stastny, Perry, Selanne, Kovalev, Horton, Kessel. Maybe that\'s overrating Kessel, but, I still think with your scoring he ends up in your top seven. So that leaves Michalek, Frolov, Gomez, Pavelski, Nylander. I don\'t know how much separation from that group Frolov is really that likely to have. The Kings have really been going with that Handzus/Moller/Frolov line for a while now, and, Frolov is on the second PP unit. I guess it depends on where you peg Frolov long term. I would look at it as: Given your team, Frolov is expendable, given that fact, if a GM comes along and really wants him, will ever realize more value on Frolov than right now with this guy?

Perhaps you could give us some info on your farm to see whether there is a need for some infusion of solid prospects. If not then I guess there\'s no pressing need to take the risk and trade Frolov on the chance that he has a huge year, but, if your farm could use some help and you\'d like to have some support behind Turco, I think I\'d make something happen right now.
    12 H2H Pts - Keep 17 + 8 Farm
    Points for: G,A,PPP,SHP,D Points,+/-,S,PIM,HIT,BLKS; Wins,SO,OTL,S,GA

C(3): Getzlaf,Lecavalier,Berglund,Granlund*
    RW(3): Perry,Wheeler,Franzen(LW),Hemsky,Little
    LW(3): Zetterberg(C),Marleau,Duchene(C),Clowe(RW)
    D (6): Seabrook,Kronwall,Zidlicky,Giordano,Faulk*,Diaz*,W ilson*
    G (2): Luongo,Smith,Neuvirth

Farm (<200 GP/<100 GP goalie):
    C: Kuznetsov,Hartikainen
    W: Paajarvi,Greening
    D: Kostka,Martinez,
    G: Bishop,Gibson,Johnson

Perhaps you could give us some info on your farm to see whether there is a need for some infusion of solid prospects.
    Well, Krafster, thanks for your answer. I still think Frolov, who\'s only 26, can become a very dangerous player.

As for the farm, no one right now : all the players I had there went away in trades that allowed me to grab Kessel and Burns.

The fact is, prospects are interesting, but my team, except for guys like Kovalev, Selanne and Nylander, is really young, and we keep a max of 16 players with the Big Team.

Karma for the great answer !