Thread: Garbage Bin

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Garbage Bin

I fear it's time for me to take Binnington to the dump...

I hadn't been playing close enough attention but he only has 5 wins since Nov 11 (!?!?) I blame myself for letting it get this far...

I'm in a one year league where goalies count 2pts for a W and 2pts for a shutout.

On my wire are Husso, Francouz, Ullmark, Kahkonen, (edit - also Koskinen...)

Leaning either Husso or Francouz... both of their situations are becoming more interesting by the day...

I know there are already some (very) similar threads but I wanted to ask with my setup.

I've got limited moves, so I'd like to do my best to get it as right as possible for the rest of the season...
    F: McDavid, Kucherov, Eichel, Gaudreau, M Tkachuk, E Lindholm, Rob Thomas, Hischier
    D: S Jones, Werenski, DeAngelo, Hamilton
    G: Husso, Raanta

*** ONE YEAR - POINTS ONLY *** skaters: 1pt/G, 1pt/A. goalies: 2pt/win, 2pt/SO *** 12 teams
    MUST HAVE -- 8F, 4D, 2G --- (******Can only swap at same position, F, D, G ********)
    10 ACQUISITIONS TOTAL ON THE YEAR (**I've used NINE of them - ONE LEFT**) *** NO BENCH - NO IR - NO TRADES BETWEEN MEMBERS ***

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Re: Garbage Bin

if you were able to I think at minimum handcuffing Husso to Binnington makes sense for you

but with your setup, you can't. I see you can only swap a goalie for a goalie. So I do not see a move you can make. Yeah Binnington isnt doing much for you at the moment, but there is no guarantee that either Husso or Francouz would be any clear upgrade. So I think you gotta stay with Anderson and Binnington.

Dobber Sports Icon

I like Husso the best of all the goalies available on the wire. I would switch Binnington for Husso.

Dobber Sports Sage

If you look at goals saved above expected, Husso has blown away Binnington this season in much fewer games. It's not even close- drop Binnington for Husso. Husso is on a heater and just looks so calm and solid in the net. I picked up Husso about a week ago and am thrilled with how he is playing. And you know the Blues are going to score.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Superstar

I think Husso makes the most sense here. No guarantee, but it sure looks like he has stolen the starting job on a winning Blues team. His numbers and quality starts over the last several games has been pretty impressive. Binnington - Not. There is risk here, but arguably the other options have even more associated risk.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Superstar

You can only have 2 Goalies and it's wins (SO) only. So you need starters.

Francouz is backup and unlikely to get enough starts.
    Husso is on a heater, and is fighting into a timeshare it seems. I would swap Husso for Binnington fully prepared to go back to Binnington if he regains starters control.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Veteran

Husso is taking it from Losingtons. And STL is a strong team now and in the future.

This is a great link to see how goalies are doing. http://hockeygoalies.org/bio/nhl/logs/NHL2021.html

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    Husso is taking it from Losingtons. And STL is a strong team now and in the future.

This is a great link to see how goalies are doing. http://hockeygoalies.org/bio/nhl/logs/NHL2021.html
    That's an amazing tool -- thanks for that, audiopile!

I'm thinking I’ll likely go with the consensus and make a swap for Husso...

I feel a little uneasy about this big, impending schedule break, whether that could shift momentum, or whether new information becomes available.
    (Blues only play one more game, tomorrow, until Feb 10.)

Don't wanna wait too long though and have somebody else scoop him up...

The guy I'm battling for first has Connor Hart... blech. His team is pretty spectacular outside of that.. he should've made a move there ages ago.