Thread: Who's the best combo?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Who's the best combo?

I'm currently in 2nd last place in my H2H keep 10 hockey pool. I have the option of swapping my Krug & Lindholm for either Dobson & J. Hughes or Bouchard & E.Pettersson.

I'm in a quick retool period and recently traded away some vets.

Cats are: G A PPG PPA SHG SHA Shots +/- Hits & Blocks.

Esentially I'm looking at it like:

Dobson or Bouchard
    J. Hughes or E. Pettersson

These offers are with 2 different GM's so I won't have the ability to interchange the pieces.

Is E.Lindholm a better hold in this deal over Hughes or Pettersson? If so I can send Krug packing alone to another championship contender.

Hughes and Pettersson don't offer any peripherals...but neither does Lindholm. If I want to get a bit younger I'd have to pick between a 20 & 23 yr old. I personally like Hughes better but both are probably comparable. I'm also not hitting the panic button as Lindholm is just in his prime at 27 and I can trade Krug separately.

Thoughts??

“I respectfully decline to answer because I honestly believe my answer might tend to incriminate me” ~ Joey Gallo

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Who's the best combo?

I'd rather have Bouchard and Pettersson. Of the four younger players you mention, Dobson is the one that doesn't belong in the same category. Dobson is closer to a Provorov type than a higher-end scoring d-man.

Dobber Sports Sage

Who's the best combo?

TJ COMBO.jpg
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Stud

Honestly I'd be happy taking either package in your situation.

A year ago there's zero chance a Krug/Lindholm is getting the EP40 owner to move him (much less with Bouchard attached).

J.Hughes is certainly trending to be a superstar as well and Dobson is having a fantastic season, showing that he'll provide a solid floor for you.

It's not a "steal/home run" kind of trade at all - you're definitely giving up solid quality here - but if I was retooling, I'd likely take the youth/upside over the current producers and be happy that this deal helped out both GMs. Good luck!
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji