Thread: Batherson value

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Batherson value

Batherson owner is making big push for 1st and has approached me for Guentzel or Gaudreau. He really wants Guentzel. Willing to offer Power alongside if it's Guentzel.

I know Batherson is having a breakout. And at 4.975 for 6 years he's probably in the top bargains in cap leagues. Question is can he keep producing at that pace?
    1) 12 team keeper league (cap with aav) keep 15. (Less than 82 GP = protected)
    Fwd G 2pt A 1pt Def G 2pt A 1pt Blk .33 pt Goalies - W 2pt OTL 1pt SO 4pt

F(12): Robertson, J Hughes, Stutzle, Zegras, K. Johnson, Kuzmenko, Tolvanen, Byfield, Cooley, Eklund, Evangelista, Knies
    D(6): Seider, Dahlin, Drysdale, Bouchard, Theodore, Mintyukov
    G(2): Andersen, Oettinger
    Bench (8):
    A Tomasino, Guenther, Coronato
    D Clarke, Boqvist, Drysdale, OEL
    G Levi

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Batherson value

i would make that trade.

Guentel is nice ad all, but sooner than later teh Pens are gonna hit that wall and he'll be all alone there.

Batherson on teh other hand (and Power) is on an up and comer and will be there for the meat of teh run and put up a PpG if not more while it happens.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Stud

Owen power? And Batherson?

That's pretty hard to refuse. Batherson has future superstar written all over him. He trains in the summer with Crosby, mackinnon and Marchand and went from middling prospect to star very quickly because of training with those guys. im probably his biggest fanboy on these forums. he's going to be out awhile though. that dirty elbow from Dell last night was BS
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Stud

Looking at your team it "feels" like you should be competing for the title this year too? In which case, losing Jake is for a long-term injured Batherson is going to sting.

I do prefer Jake to Drake with your scoring... BUT - yeah, that's just EXCELLENT value with the addition of Power.

I think Jake/Drake will be close enough in value in a cap league the next few years, that having Power on his ELC for 3 years will make this worth it for you.
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Quote Originally Posted by YzermansLegacy View Post
    Looking at your team it "feels" like you should be competing for the title this year too? In which case, losing Jake is for a long-term injured Batherson is going to sting.

I do prefer Jake to Drake with your scoring... BUT - yeah, that's just EXCELLENT value with the addition of Power.

I think Jake/Drake will be close enough in value in a cap league the next few years, that having Power on his ELC for 3 years will make this worth it for you.
    I am sitting 4th right now (injuries and some slow starts have hurt me). First place is a little bit out of reach, but still we're only half way in and I think any fantasy league has had comebacks, so I'm not ruling myself out.

That being said I do prefer Jake as well. I do have to send back a player though which I didn't mention because I forgot. Don't know who I could send to get Power back or if it makes it irrelevant at that point?

Dobber Sports Superstar

If your sacrificing your season to help this other GM out, then I would suggest you need more of a return. You know your league, but losing Jake and replacing him with a guy who is likely on IR for 4 and as much as 8 weeks (high ankle sprain, those are nasty) doesn't help you much. Power may get in a few games toward the end of the season but he basically contributes nothing for you this year and you lose someone else on your roster for the rest of the year to make room for him. Again, you are sacrificing your season if you do this and I would make that perfectly clear to the other GM and tell you need more, specifically another solid prospect, a high draft pick or even both. There is a long way to go in the season, and if you are sitting 4th there is no reason that you can't improve your team and move up in the standings. Tough choice. My advice is if you are going to "tank", then make it worth your while.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    If your sacrificing your season to help this other GM out, then I would suggest you need more of a return. You know your league, but losing Jake and replacing him with a guy who is likely on IR for 4 and as much as 8 weeks (high ankle sprain, those are nasty) doesn't help you much. Power may get in a few games toward the end of the season but he basically contributes nothing for you this year and you lose someone else on your roster for the rest of the year to make room for him. Again, you are sacrificing your season if you do this and I would make that perfectly clear to the other GM and tell you need more, specifically another solid prospect, a high draft pick or even both. There is a long way to go in the season, and if you are sitting 4th there is no reason that you can't improve your team and move up in the standings. Tough choice. My advice is if you are going to "tank", then make it worth your while.
    Well it's not a tough choice anymore, he just accepted another trade. Pastrnak and Bouchard for Batherson, Power and two second round picks. Guess I'm not tanking anymore.