Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Batherson Injured on a Filthy Dirty Hit

The Great One

Default Re: Batherson Injured on a Filthy Dirty Hit

Quote Originally Posted by Blues_fan1000 View Post
    Batherson out long term now. If it's a fractured ankle, likely out the rest of the year
    It’s a high ankle sprain.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    I disagree. Just about any hit these days, from behind or otherwise, that distance from the boards ends up penalized. Players always go in awkwardly like that. And the NHL often does punish based on injury. Dell clearly knows he’s clipping Batherson in a very bad spot. It’s a dirty play plain and simple. It deserves a suspension. I’ll be pleasantly surprised if it gets one.
    My issue isn't that it's bad. My issue is follow through of making this style of hit by anyone a suspension worthy play regardless of injury. It's consistency is what I have an issue with. And the NHL only cares about it because Batherson got hurt and I think that injury has too much influence on a plays determinatization (made up word lol) of "dirty or not".

I have no issue if the league suspends this play. But I want all plays from now on regardless of injury be suspension worthy, and I have little faith that it will happen. NHL is too reactionary of problems instead of proactive. And tonight a goalie could do pretty much the same thing and the player won't get hurt and there won't be as much push from the league on it.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    Dell has a long history of dirty moments. This is just another one of them. Time for him to get a time out from DOPS. Invictus, you are way off here, sorry.

Or we allow players to hit goalies outside the blue. You choose.
    Dell was in his trapezoid and didn't move his spot on the ice. Batherson ran into him. The fact there was contact means Batherson was too close - period. He's the player the responsibility *should be* on him to find another path that's not through Dell.

I don't agree with "Or we allow players to hit goalies outside the blue", but I don't think goalies should be allowed to hit players either. His hit on Tolvanen was much worst a play (even the Stone one) so any suspension just makes up for a lack of one there in my eyes. I really don't care that there was no injuries on those plays. Proactive > reactive. But DOPS only seems to react to injuries.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Titan

You also prolly help Buffalo a little too much if you suspend Dell. He let 5goals in and his career s% went up.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    My issue isn't that it's bad. My issue is follow through of making this style of hit by anyone a suspension worthy play regardless of injury. It's consistency is what I have an issue with. And the NHL only cares about it because Batherson got hurt and I think that injury has too much influence on a plays determinatization (made up word lol) of "dirty or not".

I have no issue if the league suspends this play. But I want all plays from now on regardless of injury be suspension worthy, and I have little faith that it will happen. NHL is too reactionary of problems instead of proactive. And tonight a goalie could do pretty much the same thing and the player won't get hurt and there won't be as much push from the league on it.
    All valid. This league is continually going out with a carnation in its lapel and no pants on.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Sage

All valid. This league is continually going out with a carnation in its lapel and no pants on.
    Ditto
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    Dell was in his trapezoid and didn't move his spot on the ice. Batherson ran into him. The fact there was contact means Batherson was too close - period. He's the player the responsibility *should be* on him to find another path that's not through Dell.
    This is simply not true. Batherson would have easily skated around Dell with nary any contact if Dell hadn't stuck his shoulder out at the last second. It was malicious and unnecessary period.

Dell will receive supplementary discipline as is warranted.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Veteran

Lol Dell was in his trapezoid and didn't move his spot on the ice. Batherson ran into him. The fact there was contact means Batherson was too close - period. He's the player the responsibility *should be* on him to find another path that's not through Dell.

I don't agree with "Or we allow players to hit goalies outside the blue", but I don't think goalies should be allowed to hit players either. His hit on Tolvanen was much worst a play (even the Stone one) so any suspension just makes up for a lack of one there in my eyes. I really don't care that there was no injuries on those plays. Proactive > reactive. But DOPS only seems to react to injuries.
    yes the NHL needs to do better and be more consistent with its suspensions. we agree on that. they do only act when injury occurs and usually it has to be on a player of note.

how is saw it:
    As soon as Dell saw Batherson, he forgot all about the puck and focused on the Drake and lined him up and threw a shoulder into him. Batherson was not expecting to be hit there because goalies don't put shoulders into players heading for the puck behind the net. The trapezoid is fair play for everyone, the blue is the goalies area, that's it. If they step into the white and start throwing their weight around, they should be fair game. If they aren't agile enough to be part of play they can stay in the blue where its safe. Or just not throw dirty hits in the white on players focused on the puck in a dangerous area.

And as we know, he does this. Dell leaves the crease and thinks he is a D man, playing pucks and throwing hits. If he is gonna put shoulders into people then he should be suspended or be ready to get leveled in return. These are not moments where he is defending himself, he is consciously using his body to hit players. And the frequency is increasing as he gets away with it.

In other words; this is a common play and more goalies could choose to do what Dell did, but they know its wrong and they don't do it. Dell doesnt know, or care, so he needs some time off to think about the habits he is forming.

Dobber Sports Ace

from the angles i've seen, batherson was set to go around dell (who at the time was stationary). dell then stuck his shoulder out and clipped batherson which launched him into the boards. doesnt seem like dell was just standing his ground in this case

the fact that it wasnt even a minor penalty is still mind blowing to me
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Stud

It’s a high ankle sprain.
    Is this correct? I hope this is correct. Please be correct.
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been confirmed by the team but it seems to be the case.

I'm not so sure about the please be correct part. It's only anecdotal but one of my friends has said repeatedly that he wished he broke his ankle rather than suffered that sprain, that it took a few years to get back to 100%. I've read that from others as well though I'm sure the rehab/training available to NHLers can certainly help that along.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear that he's played his last game this season. The Sens know where they are in the leagues standings and should focus on Drake's long-term health.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    https://twitter.com/sungarrioch/stat...654369794?s=21
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Grand Master

1. A still screenshot with a line through it isn't the evidence people think it is.

2. Obviously Dell meant to hit him, but it's a reach to say his intention was to injure him. This isn't necessarily a common play, but it's not so uncommon that it ~never~ happens, and this is not normally the result.

3. Some people seem to be overly angry about this play because of how it affects their fantasy team, not out of any concern for the player or anything. Which is well. Yea.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    1. A still screenshot with a line through it isn't the evidence people think it is.

2. Obviously Dell meant to hit him, but it's a reach to say his intention was to injure him. This isn't necessarily a common play, but it's not so uncommon that it ~never~ happens, and this is not normally the result.

3. Some people seem to be overly angry about this play because of how it affects their fantasy team, not out of any concern for the player or anything. Which is well. Yea.
    agree with 1 and 2. But for 3, I mean this is a fantasy hockey forum…
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Blues_fan1000 View Post
    agree with 1 and 2. But for 3, I mean this is a fantasy hockey forum…
    So it's ok for someone to be happy Batherson got hurt if they're playing against him in fantasy?