Thread: What to do with Blackwood?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default What to do with Blackwood?

I understand that there are extenuating circumstances to his debacle of a performance tonight (just back from the COVID list, playing a team coming off a big win that just got some of it's own key players back), but I'm so tempted to rage drop him right now. My plan had been to hang onto him as a fringe keeper in hopes that he'll get better as he gains experience, but he honestly seems to get worse with each passing game.

In a perfect world, I'd trade him, but as things stand now, I'd have to pay someone to take him (and even then, I doubt anyone would want him). Is there any sense in holding onto him or is it time to cut bait and take a flyer on someone like Karel Vejmelka (obviously, Vejmelka has his own problems, but those are mostly due to his team and not his personal performance)?
    12-Team Yahoo H2H Keeper League (Salary cap for keepers only)

3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1 UTIL, 2G (6 BN, 6 IR+, 1 NA)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C - S. Aho, M. Beniers, S. Crosby, B. Jenner, L. Stankoven
    LW - C. Caufield, J. Hughes, T. Moore, J. Slafkovsky, O. Tippett
    RW - D. Batherson, C. Keller, A. Lafreniere, S. Reinhart
    D - E. Bouchard, B. Dillon, M. Roy, M. Seider, C. York
    G - J. Binnington, J. Saros, J. Swayman

IR+: T. Demko, T. Hertl, K. Johnson, G. Landeskog, J. Trouba
    NA: B. Othmann

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: What to do with Blackwood?

I’m not real high on him or anything but in a 12 team full keeper I wouldn’t drop him. He is the starter on a team that should continue to improve every year. Either keep and bench as much as possible or wait until he wins a few games then try and trade.

Dobber Sports Monster

I'd still hold him over Veggie. He has been pretty bad this year, but he's still going to get chances and the Devils can put together good strings. Maybe just bench him for a while. Tough loss against the Coyotes, but they've shown signs of life lately beating some pretty good teams. The Coyotes are going to lose Cychrun, Kessel and probably a bunch of other NHLers before the deadline.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Yeah, I'm going to hold onto him. Thanks for talking me out of a rage drop (as satisfying as it would have been to kick him to the curb).

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    The Coyotes are going to lose Cychrun, Kessel and probably a bunch of other NHLers before the deadline.
    This is maybe getting away from the topic at hand, but if there's any reality to Elliotte Friedman's suggestion of what the Coyotes would want from the Panthers for him, there's no way Chychrun is getting traded.
    12-Team Yahoo H2H Keeper League (Salary cap for keepers only)

3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1 UTIL, 2G (6 BN, 6 IR+, 1 NA)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C - S. Aho, M. Beniers, S. Crosby, B. Jenner, L. Stankoven
    LW - C. Caufield, J. Hughes, T. Moore, J. Slafkovsky, O. Tippett
    RW - D. Batherson, C. Keller, A. Lafreniere, S. Reinhart
    D - E. Bouchard, B. Dillon, M. Roy, M. Seider, C. York
    G - J. Binnington, J. Saros, J. Swayman

IR+: T. Demko, T. Hertl, K. Johnson, G. Landeskog, J. Trouba
    NA: B. Othmann

Dobber Sports Sage

You watch the highlights and some of the goals are shots through 3 people or deflections that he has no chance on but it seems to happen more with Blackwood than with any goalie I watch. I used to be very high on him but he gives up way too many soft goals, has too many blunders, and doesn't bail out his team enough. His ass has been in the minors all season for me. Goalies are fickle and you don't want to give up on them if they are in high demand in your league but Blackwood is someone I would not have a problem with moving on from.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov