Page 96 of 98 FirstFirst ... 46 86 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1469

Thread: The worst decision of the pandemic. Get ready for empty shelves!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: The worst decision of the pandemic. Get ready for empty shelves!

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Oooh please elaborate. I had someone private messaging me crazy threats a while back and they were convinced I was also someone else on here. If you think I'm someone else as well I'd love to know who lol
    Yeah, I had Shoelace PMing me some dumb shit too. People who have multiple accounts should be banned.

Dobber Sports Star

Rylant:

I drink and drive every week and I have never killed anybody; it's clearly not that dangerous. You see how stupid that sounds?

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler View Post
    Doesn't sound stupid at all. But as you can see you don't see me forcing every citizen into crazy mandates for it now am I. See how stupid those mandates sound?

Stifler
    You mean a mandate like........ a law against drinking and driving?

Dobber Sports Star

Doesn't sound stupid at all. But as you can see you don't see me forcing every citizen into crazy mandates for it now am I. See how stupid those mandates sound?

Stifler
    Lol, seriously, how ridiculous are you? Way to miss the point... by a mile... Despite the fact that your argument here is absurd, as forumname has already pointed out, my analogy was absolutely not presented to argue whether or not you should mandate something. You have already made your opinion clearly known on that. My drunk driving analogy was to point out that it is silly to come to a conclusion that, because it happened to you, it must be true. My covid symptoms were minor, so it clearly isn't that dangerous. That is called an anecdotal evidence fallacy.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Lol, seriously, how ridiculous are you? Way to miss the point... by a mile... Despite the fact that your argument here is absurd, as forumname has already pointed out, my analogy was absolutely not presented to argue whether or not you should mandate something. You have already made your opinion clearly known on that. My drunk driving analogy was to point out that it is silly to come to a conclusion that, because it happened to you, it must be true. My covid symptoms were minor, so it clearly isn't that dangerous. That is called an anecdotal evidence fallacy.

Rylant
    Stifler should change his username to 'anecdotal evidence fallacy'.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Rylant
    Some kids are not meant for the internet as is shown by this post. Have a great day

Stifler

Dobber Sports Star

Some kids are not meant for the internet as is shown by this post. Have a great day

Stifler
    I am pretty sure that absolutely nobody is surprised by your response. Insult, misdirect, not address the point. It doesn't matter that you are like this to me; it's mildly entertaining how ridiculous you are and i promise you, I will get over it. But the depths that you will go to treat other, well respected members here like absolute shit, is pretty disgraceful. You make me sad.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Initiate

I am pretty sure that absolutely nobody is surprised by your response. Insult, misdirect, not address the point. It doesn't matter that you are like this to me; it's mildly entertaining how ridiculous you are and i promise you, I will get over it. But the depths that you will go to treat other, well respected members here like absolute shit, is pretty disgraceful. You make me sad.

Rylant
    Insult? I never said any insult lol. Unless you mean "kids" implying you're a child. My apologies I should have said "some people".

My free tip for you for today: grow a bit of a thicker skin. The real world is not so kind...

Dobber Sports Star

Insult? I never said any insult lol. Unless you mean "kids" implying you're a child. My apologies I should have said "some people".

My free tip for you for today: grow a bit of a thicker skin. The real world is not so kind...
    The flip side of that is: my free tip for you today: take a break, you don't have to be a complete prick ALL the time. If you choose to be nice and not so condescending constantly, you may find that people care about what you can contribute to a conversation, even if they disagree with you.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Sage

What if Stifler and Rataylor22 are just two accounts of the same person... and we all just got punk'd! (If you've even seen that show...)
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Initiate

The flip side of that is: my free tip for you today: take a break, you don't have to be a complete prick ALL the time. If you choose to be nice and not so condescending constantly, you may find that people care about what you can contribute to a conversation, even if they disagree with you.

Rylant
    Oh my bad. I was being nice. I save being a prick for other occassions

Stifler

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    What if Stifler and Rataylor22 are just two accounts of the same person... and we all just got punk'd! (If you've even seen that show...)
    hahahha punk’d!

this is awesome speculation.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Genius

I haven't posted in this thread in awhile, mainly because I feel the war in Ukraine has made some of the discussion around freedom and covid a little silly to be honest. But I will say I was wrong about thinking that people are mature enough to have reasonable conversations about nuance in the way things should or could be handled.

For context I have an unvaccinated friend who really got behind the freedom convoy. I haven't hung out with this friend for over two years, and usually only ever see him once, every couple years. I moved, he stayed in the hometown. However, he was a really good childhood friend who's loyal and has a big heart. I could see him posting more and more on social media about freedoms, covid and the convoy. I was starting to think he was losing it but big deal that's him not me and like I said he's mainly out of my life now. Well he posted about the Ukraine war being a distraction for what's happening here locally. I then realized he was way too far gone and didn't want to see him ruin his life over crazy conspiracy theories. I reached out to him as a concerned friend but he fought me at every angle, telling me I need to wake up, that's he's concerned about my safety and presenting me with "facts".

At this point I realized that some people are just not mature enough to have these conversations. I worry about his safety, and what path this might lead him down. I am vaccinated and believe the government didn't handle the pandemically perfectly but in no means do I think it's some "great reset" or all the other non sense conspiracy theories. It's just sad that people can't have rational conversations anymore. I feel like going forward even if I don't agree with everything, I am going to be much more careful about sharing opinions that might serve as confirmation for people that can't decipher reality from fiction.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Veteran

P. Stastny said he donated $1K to the convoy.

"People think you’re just donating to a far-right movement, overthrowing the government. It has nothing to do with that. If that was the cause nobody would be donating money," Stastny said. "It’s more just the freedom to decide what you want to do to live and not have an overreach of a government that does too much because, eventually, the more that they can grab, the more they can get. And some people like that, but the way I grew up, the stories I heard from my parents growing up, it’s scary."

I'm sure cancel culture is all over him on twitter already, but good for him sharing his thoughts knowing these lunatics will take unjust shots at him.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    P. Stastny said he donated $1K to the convoy.

"People think you’re just donating to a far-right movement, overthrowing the government. It has nothing to do with that. If that was the cause nobody would be donating money," Stastny said. "It’s more just the freedom to decide what you want to do to live and not have an overreach of a government that does too much because, eventually, the more that they can grab, the more they can get. And some people like that, but the way I grew up, the stories I heard from my parents growing up, it’s scary."

I'm sure cancel culture is all over him on twitter already, but good for him sharing his thoughts knowing these lunatics will take unjust shots at him.
    Ah cancel culture, or otherwise known as "consequences for your actions"

Dobber Sports Titan

P. Stastny has admitted to being a reader of Rebel News, listener of Fox News Tucker Carlson (big spreader of disinformation and conspiracy theories) and donated under the a registered company named Walnuts LLC. It came out through leaked documents and it's public info that P. Statsny is linked to Walnuts LLC.

Surprisingly he did an interview about it, so good for him on that. People are entitled to their opinions, but he's part of the group that thinks all media but there's are wrong (cited The Sun and Free Press as gov't funded and drove the narrative for gov't benefit. Both are privately funded).

Good for him for answering the questions. Everyone has thoughts on the convoy, and I'm sure he's not the only NHLer who donated to it through some form of Corp to hide the name on the donation list. But got to answer the questions when you do things. Can't get upset when you get called out on anything, and you got to be ready for it. It's not like the 2000s or later, people care about this stuff now and will disown you depending on your stance (on either side of a debate)
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll