Page 92 of 98 FirstFirst ... 42 82 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1469

Thread: The worst decision of the pandemic. Get ready for empty shelves!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: The worst decision of the pandemic. Get ready for empty shelves!

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Given his liking for poison I don't think I'm gonna hold any drink he hands me...
    Are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet, or his enemy’s? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I’m not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool; you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    Are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet, or his enemy’s? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I’m not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool; you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
    - The Princes Bride
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    Inconceivable!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Lol, how could I not think of that scene when Loch started talking about a poisoned drink :P

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

- Zelenskyy is fighting with the military today. The Ukrainian National Pride is huge. The mayor of Kyiv is a former Boxing heavy weight champion who has taken up arms now too.
    Now this is the kind of leader Canada needs!

Not someone who runs and hides when the going gets tough! Or not even tough... but just uncomfortable because the Freedom Convoy was nothing compared to the Russian Army!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Now this is the kind of leader Canada needs!

Not someone who runs and hides when the going gets tough! Or not even tough... but just uncomfortable because the Freedom Convoy was nothing compared to the Russian Army!
    Very different scenarios because I personally wouldn't have wasted my time doing anything with the complainers that went to Ottawa.

Also, if he did waste his time with Ottawa and this still happened in Ukraine, people would be questioning why he was wasting his time in Ottawa doing nothing. Or people would be saying he's avoiding his job at the HOC or avoiding questions from Conservatives. Or people would complain that he's there for photos. This is completely different situations where more bodies means something, where Ottawa having Trudeau on the streets would have caused more issues.

This isn't a valid comparison.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Great One

I think a leader should always listen and try to de-escalate but what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Very different scenarios because I personally wouldn't have wasted my time doing anything with the complainers that went to Ottawa.

Also, if he did waste his time with Ottawa and this still happened in Ukraine, people would be questioning why he was wasting his time in Ottawa doing nothing. Or people would be saying he's avoiding his job at the HOC or avoiding questions from Conservatives. Or people would complain that he's there for photos. This is completely different situations where more bodies means something, where Ottawa having Trudeau on the streets would have caused more issues.

This isn't a valid comparison.
    Well is it not okay for us to have different opinions?

You don't think its valid... I think it is valid...

And he didn't have to waste his time... he could have still been brave enough to do his job and not cancel parliament when it was crucial to discuss the Emergency's act?

but instead our political parties decided it was to risky to hold parliament because the police were dealing with the protestors?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    I think a leader should always listen and try to de-escalate but what do I know?
    Yes, very good point. They should always listen... as long as listening is an option.

I am not sure if listening is an option for Ukraine right now... I am not sure Russia is willing to communicate...

But Trudeau... he probably could have at least listened and acknowledged and said his piece and at least made it look like he was a leader... but the strategies of Questioning Period are expanding into every aspect of politics and leadership in this country.

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Well is it not okay for us to have different opinions?

You don't think its valid... I think it is valid...

And he didn't have to waste his time... he could have still been brave enough to do his job and not cancel parliament when it was crucial to discuss the Emergency's act?

but instead our political parties decided it was to risky to hold parliament because the police were dealing with the protestors?
    Yup we can have different opinions on something.

I just think it's kinda disrespectful to try and compare what's happening in Ukraine with what happened in Ottawa. It's death in the streets of Ukraine nation wide vs dumps in the street of the National Capital. Then there's the whole Provincial vs Federal thing. It's just not a sufficient thread, nor a debate/comparison that can happen...to me
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Yup we can have different opinions on something.

I just think it's kinda disrespectful to try and compare what's happening in Ukraine with what happened in Ottawa. It's death in the streets of Ukraine nation wide vs dumps in the street of the National Capital. Then there's the whole Provincial vs Federal thing. It's just not a sufficient thread, nor a debate/comparison that can happen...to me
    Very fair point... they are not comparable. The issue in Ukraine is real... and their leadership is stepping up like a leader should...

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

Very fair point... they are not comparable. The issue in Ukraine is real... and their leadership is stepping up like a leader should...
    God, it actually makes my skin crawl to see the contortions people will go to to try and throw Trudeau under the bus for things. Like, you guys actually creep me out. It's gross to try and even compare these two issues to one another.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    God, it actually makes my skin crawl to see the contortions people will go to to try and throw Trudeau under the bus for things. Like, you guys actually creep me out. It's gross to try and even compare these two issues to one another.
    I know, it's unreal hey? Even the thread about the Ukraine conflict was posted with a dig about people being concerned about a "cold". Is it not possible to have a conversation about a completely unrelated topic without twisting it to try and support regional political views? It just seems SO petty.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by GretzkysMullet View Post
    I know, it's unreal hey? Even the thread about the Ukraine conflict was posted with a dig about people being concerned about a "cold". Is it not possible to have a conversation about a completely unrelated topic without twisting it to try and support regional political views? It just seems SO petty.
    I've had 2 family members die from what they consider a cold. Total and complete ****ing ignorant ********. I'm not hiding my disdain for these putrid pieces of shit any longer. They can go to hell.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    There are plenty of reasons to dislike Trudeau that go beyond (and even came before) the multiple reasons he has provided us due to the pandemic.