Page 85 of 98 FirstFirst ... 35 75 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 95 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1469

Thread: The worst decision of the pandemic. Get ready for empty shelves!

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: The worst decision of the pandemic. Get ready for empty shelves!

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Lmao at that dude posting the funniest and most incorrect post in this entire thread and then getting himself actually banned. That’s hilarious. Nothing could honestly be funnier.

Edit: if he’s not banned point me to where this post actually is because I can’t find it but I need to quote and mock him properly
    I'm on my phone so went to edit something on that post and must of deleted it by mistake. With that being thanks for providing further evidence for my post with another fine example of you being a tolerant human.

Read through this thread it's just a series of a handful of people mocking and ridiculing people with the opposing few. Some of you get so triggered that you go off the rails. Don't really need to argue the accuracy either it's all here to read yourself.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    I'm on my phone so went to edit something on that post and must of deleted it by mistake. With that being thanks for providing further evidence for my post with another fine example of you being a tolerant human.

Read through this thread it's just a series of a handful of people mocking and ridiculing people with the opposing few. Some of you get so triggered that you go off the rails. Don't really need to argue the accuracy either it's all here to read yourself.
    Do you want it undeleted?
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports All-Star

Nobody is Pro Mandate. That is just a ridiculous hyperbole. Some people understand why the mandates are and were necessary, but nobody was cheering for shutdowns.
    And what is Pro Vaccine? Pro science? Pro medicine? I guess "pro vaccine" folks prefer hospitals and western medicine to naturopaths and witchdoctors, but is that really a thing that needs a label?

You talk about being in the political middle Canuck but you are obviously a vehement Trudeau hater who champions the "freedom convoy". Hell you started this thread.

Guys like Stifler suggest that the protestors should "burn down the entire city" of Ottawa and yet you single out the non conspiracy theorist side as being "vile".

Strange times indeed.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    Did you need to be vaccinated to attend the Super Bowl?

Do you need to be vaccinated to attend public school?
    What are the chances of catching covid if you are vaccinated and unvaccinated? What does the science tell us today?

If you are a kid who is vaccinated tdonyou still need to wear a mask?

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    What are the chances of catching covid if you are vaccinated and unvaccinated? What does the science tell us today?

Just to make sure I'm following, the argument is that because (thanks Omicron!) the vaccine protection is more against serious outcome than actual infection, there is no reason to have other health restrictions? Because the restrictions on Superbowl were probably not as effective as they would have been a year ago, why have restrictions on a school? Am I following that correctly?
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports All-Star

The science is evolving, as all science does Guru. Again, we are doing the best we can. Pretty soon everyone who wants to be vaccinated will have been vaccinated and the mandates like masking in schools will likely be lifted. Luckily the omicron variant seems less deadly than the original strains and hopefully we will soon enter the endemic stage of this pandemic and things can start returning to normal.

The last I read, the chances of catching the omicron variant of covid whether you are vaccinated or not seems pretty close to the same.

However, a persons likelihood of hospitalization if they catch Covid and they are fully vaccinated is 10-20 times less than in the non vaccinated group.

Hope that helps!
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP

Dobber Sports Star

The science is evolving, as all science does Guru. Again, we are doing the best we can. Pretty soon everyone who wants to be vaccinated will have been vaccinated and the mandates like masking in schools will likely be lifted. Luckily the omicron variant seems less deadly than the original strains and hopefully we will soon enter the endemic stage of this pandemic and things can start returning to normal.

The last I read, the chances of catching the omicron variant of covid whether you are vaccinated or not seems pretty close to the same.

However, a persons likelihood of hospitalization if they catch Covid and they are fully vaccinated is 10-20 times less than in the non vaccinated group.

Hope that helps!
    Every once in a while Mr. Guru waltzes in here and tries to poop on science because it evolves. He thinks it's a flaw even though it's actually a feature. Anyone who's taken an introductory course in any of the sciences would know this.

And for the last time Mr. Guru, the benefit of the vaccine is not that it prevents you from catching covid. The benefit is that it helps your immune system fight the virus, reducing the likelihood of you getting SICK from it (it exhibiting symptoms).

Also for the last time Mr. Guru, stop confusing science with public policy. They aren't the same thing.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post

Of course this is wrong. Everyone is mocking everyone, including you. The hilarious part is you think it’s a one side thing and you think you’ve risen above it.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

As with every single disease and vaccine that has ever been created, the chance that a virus physically enters your body is the exact same whether you are vaccinated or unvaccinated. What changes is what happens to that virus once it enters your body.

Dobber Sports All-Star

"The sad irony: The "freedom" convoy actually had a lot of freedom...
    To travel across the country.
    To honk their horns all day and night.
    To party in hot tubs.
    To occupy Ottawa for three straight weeks.

Privilege is having freedom and having no clue that you have it."

- Naheed Dosani
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP

Dobber Sports Wizard

More like 5-8 times, but your arguement remains true.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

The Great One

Hope that helps!
    Didn't answer either question but thanks for the reply.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Every once in a while Mr. Guru waltzes in here and tries to poop on science because it evolves. He thinks it's a flaw even though it's actually a feature. Anyone who's taken an introductory course in any of the sciences would know this.

And for the last time Mr. Guru, the benefit of the vaccine is not that it prevents you from catching covid. The benefit is that it helps your immune system fight the virus, reducing the likelihood of you getting SICK from it (it exhibiting symptoms).

Also for the last time Mr. Guru, stop confusing science with public policy. They aren't the same thing.
    Public policy is what my issue is Mr forum guy

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    More like 5-8 times, but your arguement remains true.
    I think Wonko's numbers are based on people who are boosted, as opposed to fully vaccinated.

As of January 8, 2022, during Omicron predominance, COVID-19 incidence and hospitalization rates in Los Angeles County among unvaccinated persons were 3.6 and 23.0 times, respectively, those of fully vaccinated persons with a booster, and 2.0 and 5.3 times, respectively, those among fully vaccinated persons without a booster. During both Delta and Omicron predominance, incidence and hospitalization rates were highest among unvaccinated persons and lowest among vaccinated persons with a booster.
    Source: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/...cid=mm7105e1_w

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Just to make sure I'm following, the argument is that because (thanks Omicron!) the vaccine protection is more against serious outcome than actual infection, there is no reason to have other health restrictions? Because the restrictions on Superbowl were probably not as effective as they would have been a year ago, why have restrictions on a school? Am I following that correctly?
    Not quite. The argument is that these mandates are all over the place. A stadium filled with 70,000 vaccinated people didn't have to wear a mask but a classroom of 20 kids have to wear a mask regardless of vaccination status. The hypocrisy during these mandates have been unbelievable