Page 71 of 98 FirstFirst ... 21 61 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 81 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1469

Thread: The worst decision of the pandemic. Get ready for empty shelves!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: The worst decision of the pandemic. Get ready for empty shelves!

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    How about I will take it back one step. Is the prime minister of Canada still for every citizen? He might not agree with the convoy but in the spirit of leadership and trying to deescalate the situation, shouldn't he of done more to listen to the people in the convoy to come up with a resolution? He made a speech marginalizing the group from the get go, adding fuel to the fire. They even used it as a slogan.

Listen I am not saying he needed to give in or even agree with them but as a leader, he should of welcomed open dialogue. His speech should I been "I understand that your angry about the restrictions, mandates etc but we did this because of X,Y and Z. When this peaceful protest enters Ottawa, I will welcome the leadership of the assembly to parliament to discuss the issue". Now of coarse he's not going to lift restrictions or mandates but at least he gave the group a chance to discuss and be heard. I bet you that would of helped de escalate some of it. Now on their end they would of still protested but at that point escalating measures would of been a lot more welcomed.

But no in typical Trudeau or almost to this point left wing fashion, they gas light the opposing groups bringing on a fever point. See January 6th in the US as another example. I know some won't agree with this but it's happening. We have never been so divided as a country and unlike the US we can't blame a person who's last name appears on the sides of luxury hotels. We have nobody to blame but ourselves.
    Let me be clear that I think Trudeau is a terrible leader and the Liberal party thinks its shit don't stink. I think they are terrible. Like pretty much all of the politicians at the federal level. The Liberals are on a whole other level though because of the whole "natural governing party" mindset.

I also don't think a single thing he could have said to these folks would have helped. Total waste of time. However, he could have tried it. Sure. The idea that he would "welcome the leadership of the assembly to parliament" is absolutely bananas to me. These folks are absolutely off their rockers. Good way to get the Prime Minister shot.

Your comments on gaslighting and Jan 6th I must completely disagree with. This was the fault of the insurrectionists and no one else. You don't "both sides" people who want to bring down the government.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Let me be clear that I think Trudeau is a terrible leader and the Liberal party thinks its shit don't stink. I think they are terrible. Like pretty much all of the politicians at the federal level. The Liberals are on a whole other level though because of the whole "natural governing party" mindset.

I also don't think a single thing he could have said to these folks would have helped. Total waste of time. However, he could have tried it. Sure. The idea that he would "welcome the leadership of the assembly to parliament" is absolutely bananas to me. These folks are absolutely off their rockers. Good way to get the Prime Minister shot.

Your comments on gaslighting and Jan 6th I must completely disagree with. This was the fault of the insurrectionists and no one else. You don't "both sides" people who want to bring down the government.
    I appreciate this post. I don't feel anything would of been attempted against our prime minister, I think most of these people are harmless but it's also why I recommended a small group in a controlled location opposed to him going down to the rally himself.

I just think regardless of it doing anything or not that handling these situations with dialogue before action is what our leaders are supposed to do. Are the conversations fun or easy? No but its part of the job. Also, I believe that people on the fence that might not be at the rally would of been more sympathetic to the liberal escalations if they showed a willingness to discuss the issues with the convoy.

Also I appreciate our difference in beliefs on what lead up to January 6th, no biggie.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Ace

One of their foremost demands is that the current government resign is it not? That is basically a non-starter as far as negotiations go. I can't see any government negotiating with protestors that are essentially trying to overturn the last election.

Also, as previously mentioned anyone in Canada has a right to peaceful protest (which does not include breaking laws *ahem*) but that does not mean that demands need to be capitulated to, or that protestors need to be negotiated with. Sometimes protests bring about change, sometimes they don't, regardless of the merit of the cause.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    How about I will take it back one step. Is the prime minister of Canada still for every citizen? He might not agree with the convoy but in the spirit of leadership and trying to deescalate the situation, shouldn't he of done more to listen to the people in the convoy to come up with a resolution? He made a speech marginalizing the group from the get go, adding fuel to the fire. They even used it as a slogan.

Listen I am not saying he needed to give in or even agree with them but as a leader, he should of welcomed open dialogue. His speech should I been "I understand that your angry about the restrictions, mandates etc but we did this because of X,Y and Z. When this peaceful protest enters Ottawa, I will welcome the leadership of the assembly to parliament to discuss the issue". Now of coarse he's not going to lift restrictions or mandates but at least he gave the group a chance to discuss and be heard. I bet you that would of helped de escalate some of it. Now on their end they would of still protested but at that point escalating measures would of been a lot more welcomed.

But no in typical Trudeau or almost to this point left wing fashion, they gas light the opposing groups bringing on a fever point. See January 6th in the US as another example. I know some won't agree with this but it's happening. We have never been so divided as a country and unlike the US we can't blame a person who's last name appears on the sides of luxury hotels. We have nobody to blame but ourselves.
    Trudeau is kinda a tool, no argument here.

There probably could have been better engagement early on? Yeah, that's fair. (though perhaps they were thinking weekend protest vs 3 week occupation?)

There needs to be more willingness to reach agreement and accommodate (or at least acknowledge) different perspectives in political discourse? Definitely.

This is left wing kinda problem? Nope. Didn't the conservatives just toss O'Toole specifically because he was trying to be too moderate? Did the truckers voluntarily make accommodations for the benefit of people of Ottawa... no, it was 'our way or else'. You can't say 'you need to listen to my views' while denying the other side's view, and that is not a left wing thing.

And the Jan 6th, just no. The gas lighting was Trump and right wing nut jobs constantly lying about a stolen election (it wasn't)... over and over telling people something was true when they knew it wasn't. I don't get how you say the left wing gas lit people and it caused them to storm the capital...
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Ninja

Blaming the democrats for jan 6 is like blaming the abused wife for nagging her husband.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Blaming the democrats for jan 6 is like blaming the abused wife for nagging her husband.
    Agreed.

January 6th was a f#@$ing big deal. Most Republicans try to shrug it off as a "nothing burger", but it was and is the closest America and its democratic system has come to collapsing in almost a century.

Fuelled by Trump's big lie, this insurrection is a harbinger of what is very likely waiting for us in the 2024 election. If you don't see that this is a slippery slope to a failed state, then you are either willfully blind or utterly ignorant.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Titan

That stuff with the guns in Coutts is nuts. Glad it was taken down before any RCMP officers were murdered.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    That stuff with the guns in Coutts is nuts. Glad it was taken down before any RCMP officers were murdered.
    No shit. Quite the arsenal there. Thankfully it was uncovered before anyone was hurt.

No surprise though.

When you find yourself fighting on the same side as Trump, far Right fringe groups and White Nationalists, it might be a good time to second guess your involvement.....

Screen Shot 2022-02-16 at 8.05.42 AM.png
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by GretzkysMullet View Post
    One of their foremost demands is that the current government resign is it not? That is basically a non-starter as far as negotiations go. I can't see any government negotiating with protestors that are essentially trying to overturn the last election.

Also, as previously mentioned anyone in Canada has a right to peaceful protest (which does not include breaking laws *ahem*) but that does not mean that demands need to be capitulated to, or that protestors need to be negotiated with. Sometimes protests bring about change, sometimes they don't, regardless of the merit of the cause.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

Their "champion" is Jordan Peterson. That tells you everything you need to know. These folks are not heavy on brains.

Their "champion" is Jordan Peterson. That tells you everything you need to know. These folks are not heavy on brains.
    Thanks for the completely irrelevant post.

The Question asked - One of their foremost demands is that the current government resign is it not?

The Answer is provided in the video. It is completely irrelevant who is doing the interview.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    "Based on the unity and respect of all Canadians". Also **** TRUDEAAUUUUUUUU!!!

Overall a pretty good message and I wish more people from that side of things would try to come across with a level-headed approach like this guy did.

One issue that I don't hear addressed from them is WHY we should listen to them about removing mandates, other than the fact that they don't like them and feel oppressed by them. They talk like these mandates and restrictions were brought in for no reason at all, just to make us miserable. What qualifies a trucker to determine public health policies? Whoever makes the decision to lift mandates and restrictions should do so by providing data and evidence that they're no longer practical, not just by saying "we don't like this".

Dobber Sports Ninja

Thanks for the completely irrelevant post.

The Question asked - One of their foremost demands is that the current government resign is it not?

The Answer is provided in the video. It is completely irrelevant who is doing the interview.
    The video is hosted by Jordan Peterson, which is why I commented. I don't waste my time listening to the views of terrorists.

The video is hosted by Jordan Peterson, which is why I commented. I don't waste my time listening to the views of terrorists.
    This would be applicable and relevant if it was his views. He barely even talks in the video.

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

This would be applicable and relevant if it was his views. He barely even talks in the video.
    I wouldn't know. I didn't watch it and will not watch it. I noticed Jordan Peterson was in the video and made a comment about how it fits the narrative completely. He's the dumb person's idea of a smart person, so it's fitting that the dumbest of the dumb are sucking on his "intellectual" teets.