Page 20 of 98 FirstFirst ... 10 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 30 70 ... LastLast

Thread: The worst decision of the pandemic. Get ready for empty shelves!

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: The worst decision of the pandemic. Get ready for empty shelves!

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    This is a huge problem for many people.

I seem to recall some people getting their under garments all tied into knots because some people believed there would be 50,000 trucks.

To put things into perspective... your totals add up to 389... the World Guinness Record for a convoy is 480.

So when you add the trucks coming from Atlantic Canada, it could be close to record-setting.

So yes, it is nowhere near 50,000 trucks... but it is still quite impressive when comparing to the World Record.
    Not that it's really relevant, but it took 2 seconds for me to look up that the record is for semi trucks, not cars and F150's. So no, it is nowhere near any kind of record (if the 113 number is accurate).

Dobber Sports Titan

Someone reported that the front of a convoy was entering a province and the rear was just leaving one. AKA, it was the length of the province lol (495km I believe I saw). The amount of mis-information out there is big because you have cars driving maybe 20minutes with the convoy and turning around to go home. Same with trucks, I don't know how one would count the transport trucks on the road actually working vs just there for the parade.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Great One

A fairy princess told me trucks are driving from England to partake in the convoy

I won't find the tweet though. Im not your errand boy. DYOR

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    A fairy princess told me trucks are driving from England to partake in the convoy

I won't find the tweet though. Im not your errand boy. DYOR
    ???

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    Trudeau now in isolation after "exposure", but tested negative.

Negative for having a spine.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    What are you trying to say? That he's actually hiding from the truckers? lol

What exactly is the plan once they get there? Is there a plan at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    If people are saying he's isolating because he's afraid of the protest, then you insinuate it's not a peaceful protest.
    Is he isolating so he doesn't have to confront the peaceful protests with answers? Or gets to delay the process? Wait out the truckers?

Im curious as to how long they will protest for.

We should have an over/under game.
    At first I had a good laugh at the timing of the PM having to "isolate" (I think due to a close contact), but if this trucker convoy gathering does roll in with large numbers of people, then I would imagine the PM's RCMP protection team would want him somewhere outside of the potential protest/gathering areas. I doubt Trudeau really had a choice in the matter. It would just take one nutbar to cause a serious issue.

Dobber Sports Star

I wonder why all the anti-vax, pro-trucker "freedom" convoy members have gone quiet in this thread....

Dobber Sports Wizard

I wonder why all the anti-vax, pro-trucker "freedom" convoy members have gone quiet in this thread....
    I wanna say they've come to their senses but I know there is a better chance of pigs flying.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Star

This whole thing reminds me of a milder, Canadian-ized version of the assault on the Capital in the US. Like, what do you dummies plan to do once you get there? The statements I've seen from their organizers show nothing but an inability to count (50,000 trucks, 1+ million people), and a gross misunderstanding of how the Canadian government works (the Canadian Senate is not the same as the American Senate). The whole thing is ****ing embarrassing to me as a Canadian, and the intelligence level of those who support it is crystal clear.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I live about 1500 miles from the convoy. I just saw 3 pick up trucks driving fairly close together go past my house. Will they be considered to be part of the convoy?

Dobber Sports Sage

Okay Ill pipe up. I'm pro choice.

But this is like arguing with a ref. Sure your voice is hear, but it's not going to do anything to change their minds lol.
    The thing about truckers is they are easily replaceable. There will be someone in line to take a spot.

Besides thinking about trucks lined up from one end of Canada to the other, this is rather uninteresting.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Veteran

I love how everyone has this idea that truckers are easily replaceable. In theory sure, but for the people who fail to understand it was an industry that was already short staffed pre-pandemic, you're not just hiring a new driver tomorrow. Throw in the additional ones you've now limited because of their vaccination status, and you have a magnified issue.

Identical story with health care workers.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I love how everyone has this idea that truckers are easily replaceable. In theory sure, but for the people who fail to understand it was an industry that was already short staffed pre-pandemic, you're not just hiring a new driver tomorrow. Throw in the additional ones you've now limited because of their vaccination status, and you have a magnified issue.

there is shortage of workers in every sector so I would not say you can easily replace truckers cause you can’t find anybody to work atm….

at the same time…half of these protesters that were not vaccinated will now go and get a shot…they did this for attention more than anything imo…
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Sage

Shortage does not mean they aren't easily replaceable. Just means the industry sucks. The job sucks. Brokers suck. It's unhealthy. Sure some people like it.
    There's a lot of people qualified to drive truck but aren't. Hell any firefighter worth their weight will have a DZ licence. I have mine.
    Few weeks you can get your DZ too!
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

The Great One

This whole thing reminds me of a milder, Canadian-ized version of the assault on the Capital in the US. Like, what do you dummies plan to do once you get there? The statements I've seen from their organizers show nothing but an inability to count (50,000 trucks, 1+ million people), and a gross misunderstanding of how the Canadian government works (the Canadian Senate is not the same as the American Senate). The whole thing is ****ing embarrassing to me as a Canadian, and the intelligence level of those who support it is crystal clear.
    Go look at Elons Musk tweet. He's stupid right?

Dobber Sports Titan

Go look at Elons Musk tweet. He's stupid right?
    People who have said "follow the money" but praise a billionaire who has used twitter to artificially inflate DogeCoin for his own benefit tweets praise for a controversial protest involving a sector he's heavily invested in are very odd people. I don't know Musk's angle, but he definitely has one if he's praising truck drivers who can't cross the border.

Also the group who is running a lot of this (Action4Canada) is pro-choice vaccine, but anti-choice about female body choices. Always such a funny twist on things. I know it's not everyone, but the group who's running it does not like abortions.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll