Page 12 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: The worst decision of the pandemic. Get ready for empty shelves!

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: The worst decision of the pandemic. Get ready for empty shelves!

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler View Post
    one thing you're forgetting though is. It is extremely easy for a government to manipulate a narrative. Often these "studies" with "alarming data" are studies based on 1000 or so people in a nation of 34 million. Then they say "majority of Canadians" because 501 people said something.

narratives are easily manipulated by entities that have been trusted by people in the past, and now they can use that to their advantage to manipulate whatever they want.
    Kind of the same idea with mainstream media. Back int he day before the internet, the mainstream media was "trusted" because there wasn't much in the form of alternative.

Since the birth of the internet there is a plethora of information on multiple angles on any given topic. But because certain outlets have a reputation of the past they get given all trust, even when they've been caught lying. (I'll keep it to 1 simple example where a little boy in Alberta died of cancer and he was put in the covid numbers to spread fear. Only after his family blew the whistle and said what the boy died off was when we really found out the truth).

So if you think the government/media are trust worthy, I recommend watching a documentary called Out of Shadows.

But it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out that the government does not have YOUR or MY best interests at heart (Just like banks aren't int he business of making you money with their lousy interest rates lol. But that's for another discussion. ). Scandal after scandal, these clowns in power get away with anything and everything as long as they follow a certain mandate (Epstein Island anyone?)
    Jesus man, nobody is saying the government or the media or anyone else is infallible and should be trusted blindly. The question you can't seem to get through your thick head, is WHY DO YOU TRUST THESE OTHER SOURCES MORE?! "The "MSM" is corrupt and evil, but you can find the total and unbiased truth in... THIS DOCUMENTARY."

Dobber Sports Wizard

come on VincentVega, common sense states that natural immunity is better than chemical induced immunity. Just like real chickens are better for you than genetically modified chickens, and any other real thing.
    Common sense is deceiving you and you really have no idea how vaccines and immunity work. I suggest reading this https://vaccineinformation.org/how-vaccines-work/
    Do not go to your favourite Facebook page or other social medial places where misinformation abounds.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Common sense is deceiving you and you really have no idea how vaccines and immunity work. I suggest reading this https://vaccineinformation.org/how-vaccines-work/
    Do not go to your favourite Facebook page or other social medial places where misinformation abounds.
    None of the anti-vaxxers I've come across have had even a basic understanding of what a vaccine is and how it works.

The Great One

Most of you guys don't know how vaccines work.

If you get the vaccine you can't catch covid. It's pretty simple. Governments across the globe have told us so.

What's so hard to understand?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    None of the anti-vaxxers I've come across have had even a basic understanding of what a vaccine is and how it works.
    It's infuriating, isn't it? They have no clue but hold strong opinions strongly all based on misinformation.

Dobber Sports Initiate

misinformation in YOUR opinion.

So far all this "misinformation" has come true

Sooner or later you're going to have to acknowledge that you've been lied to by your trusted government and media.
    Just think of us when that happens.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Most of you guys don't know how vaccines work.

If you get the vaccine you can't catch covid. It's pretty simple. Governments across the globe have told us so.

What's so hard to understand?
    Maybe you're trying to be sarcastic but that is not true. You can still catch SARS-CoV-2 but your risk of a severe illness and hospitalization is greatly reduced. Prior to Omicron, the vaccines also greatly reduced the risk of infection but Omicron is very good at evading prior immunity, both natural and vaccine-induced (which is why it has become the dominant variant), and our protection against infection is greatly diminished. Luckily, we are still very well protected in what matters most, which is severe illness.

And governments have nothing to do with any of that - this is science, which, by the way, is not static but evolving, much like the real world which it tries to model and understand. Some people don't seem able to understand this fact and think that if a scientist said something a year ago and what he said is no longer true, that means that scientists lied to us. Amazing ignorance of basic science.

Dobber Sports Wizard

misinformation in YOUR opinion.

So far all this "misinformation" has come true

Sooner or later you're going to have to acknowledge that you've been lied to by your trusted government and media.
    Just think of us when that happens.
    It is the opinion of the vast majority of people who know what they are talking about, you know - the scientists and medical professionals. You seem to fall in the category of people who don't understand how science works - please see my previous post.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I repped you for comedic value here. Because you are hilariously wrong. Keep on boostering on my friend. In Anderson Cooper you trust

Dobber Sports Wizard

I repped you for comedic value here. Because you are hilariously wrong. Keep on boostering on my friend. In Anderson Cooper you trust
    I won't waste my time with you anymore. You are obviously a goner and lost all ability to think rationally - brain-washed to the max, no hope of coming back to reality.

Dobber Sports Star

One of my favorite Neil Degrasse Tyson quotes seems to be quite obvious in this thread "If you want to assert a truth, first make sure it’s not just an opinion that you desperately want to be true.”

I get the skepticism of government and the pharmaceutical industry. But the majority of the scientists and medical field professionals are pretty unified on their stance on vaccines.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Initiate

I wish I could rep you twice.

You may want to look up the definition of being brainwashed...

What the mainstream media is doing to you, forumname, and rataylor is brainwashing.

Next, I just came across this quick google article but this section stood out...https://www.britannica.com/topic/brainwashing

The techniques of brainwashing typically involve isolation from former associates and sources of information; an exacting regimen requiring absolute obedience and humility; strong social pressures and rewards for cooperation; physical and psychological punishments for non-cooperation ranging from social ostracism and criticism, deprivation of food, sleep, and social contacts, to bondage and torture; and continual reinforcement.
    I'm sure you'll have a clever comeback for this one too

You know, kinda the thing that is happening all over the world right now. But it's too inconvenient for some to understand so they rather put their heads a little deeper in the sand.

Dobber Sports Star

I wish I could rep you twice.

You may want to look up the definition of being brainwashed...

What the mainstream media is doing to you, forumname, and rataylor is brainwashing.

Next, I just came across this quick google article but this section stood out...https://www.britannica.com/topic/brainwashing

I'm sure you'll have a clever comeback for this one too

You know, kinda the thing that is happening all over the world right now. But it's too inconvenient for some to understand so they rather put their heads a little deeper in the sand.
    Will you shut up about the mainstream media?? Why do you assume I'm brainwashed by them? You have no idea where any of us get our information.

Dobber Sports Initiate

based on your answers forumname, it is crystal clear where you get your information

Dobber Sports Veteran

Most people on one side of the spectrum get the majority of their info from the mainstream media.

Most people on the other side of the spectrum get the majority of their info from YouTube.

These are known facts, brought to you by Facebook.