Page 17 of 98 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 27 67 ... LastLast

Thread: The worst decision of the pandemic. Get ready for empty shelves!

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: The worst decision of the pandemic. Get ready for empty shelves!

Honestly, this is so short term. Like what, it's expensive/hard to buy oranges and lemons for a little bit? In a few months no one will even remember this.

Dobber Sports Ninja

it's also bullshit. I just went shopping on my lunchbreak and the shelves were full.

Dobber Sports Star

Any shortages can also be at least partially blamed on the fearmongering hoarders that will be emptying the shelves in anticipation of the empty shelves (like the person who started the thread, and the others "warning us" about how stupid we are). At the start of the pandemic there was no real threat of shortages, but all the idiots worried about shortages CAUSED shortages.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by GretzkysMullet View Post
    Honestly, this is so short term. Like what, it's expensive/hard to buy oranges and lemons for a little bit? In a few months no one will even remember this.
    The increased prices aren't short term. In a few months, I'm sure the people who can barely afford food as it is will remember it. Lets just raise the minimum wage though right? That'll fix it!

Dobber Sports Titan

What I laugh at is the boasting of the amount raised through GoFundMe ($4mill) then boasting about how their "army" is 500,000+ ppl. So $4mill is supposed to support 500,000 ppl. Even if it only supports 25% of the people (75% of the truckers don't access the funds), that's $32 per trucker.

Like others have said, in 6months, this will likely be like a blip on the 2022 calendar. Like Murder Hornets last yr.

Go fight, be the 1 group that will defeat the government! You are different from the other groups across the world who have tried it. Take all your thoughts and stances and concentrate it into one area away from me. Just don't be like the tow truck thing that happened that flooded the streets to a point that messed with emergency personnel trying to get to places quickly.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Veteran

New variant out! Lockdown 214 coming to a city near you!

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Any shortages can also be at least partially blamed on the fearmongering hoarders that will be emptying the shelves in anticipation of the empty shelves (like the person who started the thread, and the others "warning us" about how stupid we are). At the start of the pandemic there was no real threat of shortages, but all the idiots worried about shortages CAUSED shortages.
    I think your generalizing. I am the OP and I have never once panic bought. Oh well everyone keep doing your part we will be over this soon
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    I think your generalizing. I am the OP and I have never once panic bought. Oh well everyone keep doing your part we will be over this soon
    But by starting a thread like this you're stoking fear about shortages, which is what causes people to panic buy... which is what causes shortages. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Dobber Sports Titan

GoFundMe froze the fundraiser.

"we require fundraisers be transparent about the flow of funds and have a clear plan for how those funds will be spent. In this case, we are in touch with the organizer to verify that information"

"Funds will be safely held until the organizer is able to provide the documentation to our team about how funds will be properly distributed"

Its a lot of money, but the now $4.5million won't be able to cover that many of the 500,000 truckers driving into Ottawa, or the possible fines/legal fees that arise. Also before this gets a "they're trying to shut us down" angle...this isn't a new, or surprising thing that has happened. Any GoFundMe with this amount of money does this. The goal was set at $5mill, so they needed to know this was a possibility.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'm not sure the truckers care about the GoFundMe.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    GoFundMe froze the fundraiser.

"we require fundraisers be transparent about the flow of funds and have a clear plan for how those funds will be spent. In this case, we are in touch with the organizer to verify that information"

"Funds will be safely held until the organizer is able to provide the documentation to our team about how funds will be properly distributed"

Its a lot of money, but the now $4.5million won't be able to cover that many of the 500,000 truckers driving into Ottawa, or the possible fines/legal fees that arise. Also before this gets a "they're trying to shut us down" angle...this isn't a new, or surprising thing that has happened. Any GoFundMe with this amount of money does this. The goal was set at $5mill, so they needed to know this was a possibility.
    Excuse me did you say 500,000 truckers? Do people actually believe these numbers?

Dobber Sports Titan

Excuse me did you say 500,000 truckers?
    That's the number floating around. 500,000 "truckers" and 50,000 "trucks". It's def inflated numbers. But that's the numbers the protrucker side is saying. The 500,000 "truckers" are def not all truckers, no way that's a possibility. But I'll say that number since it's funny to think the group thinks there will be that amount of people and the GoFundMe is enough to cover that amount of people.

I think they care about financial backing if there's lawsuits. Well right now I doubt they care, but in the future I think they will need it, or it's nice to know there's a fall back piggy bank.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    That's the number floating around. 500,000 "truckers" and 50,000 "trucks". It's def inflated numbers. But that's the numbers the protrucker side is saying. The 500,000 "truckers" are def not all truckers, no way that's a possibility. But I'll say that number since it's funny to think the group thinks there will be that amount of people and the GoFundMe is enough to cover that amount of people.

I think they care about financial backing if there's lawsuits. Well right now I doubt they care, but in the future I think they will need it, or it's nice to know there's a fall back piggy bank.
    50,000 trucks and/or 500,000 people are both still laughable numbers.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Lawsuits for peaceful protesting?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Excuse me did you say 500,000 truckers? Do people actually believe these numbers?
    It drove by my hometown this morning and I would guess there was probably 100 semis and then another 150 random vehicles from passenger trucks to tow trucks to motorhomes. And that is right along the Manitoba/Saskatchewan Border.

I understand that they are picking up vehicles along the way and that some are only joining for part of the trip. And there is also another one developing out East..

However, 500,000 seems like an absurd amount of trucks driving to Ottawa. I would guess the max would be 5,000 and that is quite aggressive.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​