Thread: Trading for a Goalie: What do you think?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Trading for a Goalie: What do you think?

Team in signature, I have been struggling in net this year since Grubauer and Seattle aren't cutting it. I'm leading in points for, but also have the most points against in head - head. So I'm 6 - 7 after winning the championship last year. Would Boldy and Grubauer for Talbot be worth it? Minnesota has only played 33 games and I like them to win a lot to finish the year! I like Boldy a lot but it's tough keeping too many young guys in a keep 16. We get one free keep spot for which we have Eklund and I think we're going to use a roster spot to hold Wallstedt for a while. Do you think Talbot will get enough starts when he gets back from injuries? He's a had a rough couple games and I'm a little worried about Kahkonen taking the starting job. Thoughts?

I loved how Boldy looked in his first two NHL games.. I suspect he'll eventually be a 70 point guy, but can we hold him and wait for that?

Would it make more sense going for someone like Jarry or Markstrom? and giving up one of our top forwards instead? Rask is available for pickup this week but we are way down in priority.

No one seems too interested in guys like Garland, Horvat or Duchene other than for draft picks coming back. The leader is 9 - 4 so we aren't too far back atm. Currently tied 20 - 20 with last place this week. Needless to say I'm excited for Eichel to come back .

Weekly H2H, Points Only, Keeper League - 10 team - Keep 14 (+ 2 rookies, under 25 GP) - dress 12 F, 6 D, 2 G (Wins: 2 pts, OTL: 1 pt, SO: 1 pt) - 30 Roster max w/ 1 IR spot which opens up one roster spot.

FW: Aho, Eichel, Draisatl, Rantanen, Marchand, Matthews, Kyrou, J. Robertson, Bergeron, Duchene, Boldy, Toffoli, Kempe, Krejci, Schmaltz

D: Rielly, Heiskenen, Dobson, Drysdale, Byram, Nurse, Weegar, Matheson, Clarke

G: Andersen, Georgiev, Francouz, Kotchetkov, Wallstedt

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Trading for a Goalie: What do you think?

My plan would be the following:

1. Claim Rask. Costs you nothing, is worth a shot.
    2. If #1 fails, see if the guy who got Rask is looking to dump a goalie that you like better than Grubauer - that goalie may be cheap, and they may like Grubauer more.
    3. If #2 fails, then I'd look to shop Wallstedt & Grubauer for a goalie upgrade. You may need to send a forward, but I'd prefer to hold Boldy, considering you think you'd hold Wallstedt, and Boldy should be a known result sooner.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Definitely try to get Rask which will likely fail. If I was going to for an upgrade on Grubs with Boldy I would want someone younger than Talbot. I would try maybe like Bunting or Duschene and Grubauer.

McDavid/Necas/ Kucherov/Bjorkstrand/Rust/Nugent Hopkins/Cirelli/Zegras/- Letang/Morrissey/Dahlin - Swayman/Saros/Skinner

Prospects include:
    McTavish/Clarke/Bordeleau
    Dumais/Korchinski/Hutson

Don't worry I'm not going to say anything more than I have to. If that.

Awesome advice, thanks a lot! I'm glad I'm not crazy for thinking I can afford to keep a young guy or two instead of the 50-60 point players in Horvat, Puljujarvi, Garland, Duchene etc. Looking for that home run and since Kyrou has become a keeper upgrade (drafted him this year), that makes it a bit easier!

I'll try update if I get Rask or find another goalie to go after! I will rep where I can.

Edit: does anyone think it would be worth trading for the first priority waiver pickup? depending on the cost heh

Weekly H2H, Points Only, Keeper League - 10 team - Keep 14 (+ 2 rookies, under 25 GP) - dress 12 F, 6 D, 2 G (Wins: 2 pts, OTL: 1 pt, SO: 1 pt) - 30 Roster max w/ 1 IR spot which opens up one roster spot.

FW: Aho, Eichel, Draisatl, Rantanen, Marchand, Matthews, Kyrou, J. Robertson, Bergeron, Duchene, Boldy, Toffoli, Kempe, Krejci, Schmaltz

If you could deal say, Duchene for that first waiver spot, I'd do that.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    If you could deal say, Duchene for that first waiver spot, I'd do that.
    Awesome I'll try that Steve, and see what he says! Boldy looked real good tonight

What do we think about Husso taking the role in St. Louis? He's available on the wire too, but I know Binni is making the big bucks so I don't know how many starts Husso will get but he's been pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by mdratch View Post
    What do we think about Husso taking the role in St. Louis? He's available on the wire too, but I know Binni is making the big bucks so I don't know how many starts Husso will get but he's been pretty good.
    I think that Winnington has a long leash that goes with the contract and the nickname. Husso had that door open, and played poorly, so Binnington walked through, and the Blues won a Cup. I'm not saying that Husso can't win the job, only that the GM & Coach who won the Cup are still there, so Husson will have to blow them away relative to Binnington, or somebody makes an offer for Binnington that they can't refuse.