Thread: Best Prospect Goalie

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Best Prospect Goalie

Who is the best prospect goalie in the minors right now, and how long before they become an NHL starter?
    I\'m guessing Price, Bernier, Enroth and a couple of Lightning goalies should rank fairly high. Anyone else I\'m missing?

I\'m going to take a shot at this year\'s draft and hopefully protect the next \'Big Thing\' only I\'m not sure who that\'ll be!
    Creator of the NHL Rank King iPhone app.

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re:Best Prospect Goalie

price and bernier are both blue chippers, but don\'t forget about rask in boston. He\'s going to be huge some day.

Price, Bernier, and Rask will all probably hit the league in the 2008-09 season and become starters by the second half of the 2009-10 season (this is fairly conservative i think).

Of the three, I\'d go with either price or bernier, because of price\'s pure talent and bernier\'s team. But really at this point, you can\'t go wrong taking any of them.
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Stud

Hello ifchockey and lanky:

I agree with the three mentioned. I find the Tampa goaltending situation to be very interesting. Considering the Tampa situation, Karri Ramo, would seem like a good pick as well.

my thoughts.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Varlamov in Washington
    Helenius in Tampa Bay
    (I\'m just adding to the list. I think Price and Bernier are the best two by a good margin)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

What about Enroth? I tend to like anyone in the Buffalo system that could be good. Any thoughts on him? He might be farther to the NHL than others.

Dobber Sports Pro

Saku_Koivu wrote:
    What about Enroth? I tend to like anyone in the Buffalo system that could be good. Any thoughts on him? He might be farther to the NHL than others.
    He\'s about 3.5 years away give or take that half. Up to 5 if they don\'t want to rush him into the scene.
    This said, I like his stature in net, and his play makes me wish I gave more patience to my skating when I was a child so I could be a goalie on ice as well.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin

typo88

Everyone seems to be forgetting Corey Schneider?
    THis guy is just as \"blue chip\" as the other goalies named (Except maybe price) His only real downside is that he is part of the Vancouver orginization, and will therefor have no shot in hell at playing in the NHL ... For vancouver.
    I wouldnt be suprised to see a trade deadline deal done involving schneider, especially if he plays well in the AHL this year.

Dobber Sports Ninja

captaincheat wrote:
    Varlamov in Washington
    Helenius in Tampa Bay
    (I\'m just adding to the list. I think Price and Bernier are the best two by a good margin)
    While I think Varlamov still is a solid goaltender, he has looked less then average in the Super Series. Let in some softies and just hasn\'t stepped up like I thought he would. Granted he\'s getting left out in the cold on a lot of the chances, but he hasn\'t impressed me in the series.

Josh Harding. Minny cleared the room to make this guy their backup, I expect him to play his way past Backstrom by the all star break.
    6 Time CDHL Badger Cup Champion. www.cdhl.ca
    C Stamkos, Getzlaf, Carter, Roy, Turris, etc
    L Elias, Tanguay, Perron, Berglund, Foligno, Booth etc
    R Horton, Hornqvist, Giroux, Voracek, C. Smith, etc
    D Keith, Burns, Phaneuf, Jay-Bo, Myers, Tyutin, Kaberle, etc.
    G Vokoun, Quick, Emery, Bernier, Tokarski

SirKnight
    I disagree... I understand where your coming from but the contract they handed Backstrom plus the coaches penchant for bringing players along slowly makes me think that Harding will wait a while yet before prime time. I think Backstroms contract is a shorterm deal likely Harding will get in half way thru the final year.
    Just my 2 cents.
    Yahoo Keeper Team - STD Cats
    C- Thornton, Backstrom, Kesler, Turris, Savard
    L- Vanek, Burrows, Hartnell, Lucic , Leino
    R- Brown, Pavelski, Ericksson, Holmstrom, Little
    D- Chara, Rafalski, Weber, Edler, Letang, Bieksa,
    G- H. Lundqvist, Miller, Rinne,

Prospects- Bowmman CAR, Glennie DAL, LeBlanc MTL, Ferraro DET, Tangradi PIT, Yip COL, Kuznetsov WAS, Neuvirth WAS

League Champion 07, 08, 09,

Dobber Sports Sophomore

SirKnight wrote:
    Josh Harding. Minny cleared the room to make this guy their backup, I expect him to play his way past Backstrom by the all star break.
    no chance, unless Backstrom gets hurt imo. Harding is a fantastic goalie, don\'t get me wrong, but people who say Harding is better have to be kidding themselves. Backstrom led the league in GAA and sv% and was very good in the playoffs. He is the next coming of Kipper.

Dobber Sports Ace

Price and bernier easily take the list. But im very interested in seeing what Varalom can do with Washington, i know hes not doing well with team russia against the canadians but thats really not his fault.

Also I like Pavelcec in Atlanta, if he can get traded he can become a great #1, but I fear he may become the next Ari Ahonen or maybe a Ilya Bryzgalov.