Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: NHL enhances Covid protocols

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: NHL enhances Covid protocols

Another little note is any country that has the ability to fully vaccinate their population but is still reporting low vaccination numbers. For example the US at 60%. Should either mandate that everyone get's it or goes to jail, or just open up the country fully.

At this point do you honestly think that your going to convince people who haven't already gotten the jab to do so? It's a waste of time. The campaign for increasing vaccination rate is over. It's working well enough. Let's open the world back up.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Another little note is any country that has the ability to fully vaccinate their population but is still reporting low vaccination numbers. For example the US at 60%. Should either mandate that everyone get's it or goes to jail, or just open up the country fully.

At this point do you honestly think that your going to convince people who haven't already gotten the jab to do so? It's a waste of time. The campaign for increasing vaccination rate is over. It's working well enough. Let's open the world back up.
    It's working well because of the people who DID get the vaccine. Those who didn't can thank those who did for dragging their asses through some of this.

And I am with you in regards to getting something mandated. Personally, I think those who didnt get vacinnated should have forfeited their right to medical care if they contract the disease but we all know that would never happen. Just my opinion on that, and nothing more.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by skinnypete88 View Post
    Kids are at risk so long as there is a non 0% chance that a child will die from COVID.

The problem with 'it's your choice' and you accept the risks is that said person still is entitled to treatment and ya overwhelmed hospitals. And as always throughout this pandemic, a person cannot make a personal health choice about themselves in a vacuum because your choice has the potential to impact other people and pass the infection along to someone who is vulnerable.
    In Singapore if your unvaccinated your on the hook for your medical bills. I think that's a good place to start.

Also your talking 0%? That is unrealistic even for the common cold. In Canada 1.59% of people have died who have been infected. Out of those 1.59%, 61% of those deaths were people who are 80+ or in other words at or over life expectancy. Your going to sacrifice the future of the young to save the little time if any of the people who have lived a full life? Are we living in bizarre world.

Dobber Sports Genius

Furthermore. Anecdotally, I have never met someone who is 70+ years old is for restrictions. They want to see their family and think it's ridiculous were locked down. It's cruel for us the young to implement these draconian lockdowns, preventing people at the end of their life's from seeing their loved ones.

Dobber Sports Titan

Furthermore. Anecdotally, I have never met someone who is 70+ years old is for restrictions. They want to see their family and think it's ridiculous were locked down. It's cruel for us the young to implement these draconian lockdowns, preventing people at the end of their life's from seeing their loved ones.
    My dad is 70+ he's for it, my mom is 64 she's for it. My grandmother who doesn't grasp anything once said this is worse than WW2 where she was a very well off family and no one in her family was effected by the war lol. I was floored when she said it was worse than WW2 and I asked why and she laughed and was a stereotypical old person just not really answering lol. I shook my head and just didn't bother arguing.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    It's working well because of the people who DID get the vaccine. Those who didn't can thank those who did for dragging their asses through some of this.

And I am with you in regards to getting something mandated. Personally, I think those who didnt get vacinnated should have forfeited their right to medical care if they contract the disease but we all know that would never happen. Just my opinion on that, and nothing more.
    Should those who have smoke(d) be denied medical care? Should those who are obese be denied medical care? Should those who drink be denied medical care?

Slippery slope.

Dobber Sports Genius

I am sorry it probably sounds heartless but this is an old person's virus. Yes there are cases of younger people dyeing or people having long covid but if your just using the data it mainly affects the elderly.

I don't think the negative affects this has on our economy, small businesses and mental health is worth the sacrifice. Look how much money we spent on this pandemic. Imagine if we did nothing, and spent the money saving preventable deaths around the world such as hunger or basic health care that people in third world countries don't have access too. We would of saves millions, and I mean millions more life's than this virus has taken.

It's not some conspiracy theory, the numbers are on the governments websites. over 80% of the deaths in Canada have been people over 70+ years of age. If you take these deaths out, this virus has killed far less than 1% of our younger population. In fact even though I think your still relatively young in your 60's, if you include that age demographic, it's a fraction of a fraction of a percent.

https://health-infobase.canada.ca/co...-19-cases.html

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    Should those who have smoke(d) be denied medical care? Should those who are obese be denied medical care? Should those who drink be denied medical care?

Slippery slope.
    Not denied but charged more. Yes, Yes and yes.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post

My brothers girlfriend works at the nearest big hospital (1 hour drive from me). While no local patients, there is imports of covid patients on vents. The majority of these are vaccinated (Idk why that is, but isn't the point I'm making).

Every one of those is either Elderly, Smoker, Obese or varying mixtures, except for one. The one that isn't - is a diabetic.
    Besides elderly all of those are preventable.

So by your reasoning if you are going to decline treatment to a sub group of tax payers, then those above (preventable category) should also not receive treatment. Wait times reduced dramatically now!
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Genius

In fact not only have we squandered resources on this pandemic that could of saves life's we have caused more death's world wide because of it. Increasing the hunger crisis.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/22/w...er-crisis.html

I guess all life isn't created equal. A 80 year old developed nations life is worth a handful of poor nations kids? We should of let this buck from the get go in my opinion. Now that were way better prepared with both vaccines and treatments, were still implementing restrictions.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    My brothers girlfriend works at the nearest big hospital (1 hour drive from me). While no local patients, there is imports of covid patients on vents. The majority of these are vaccinated (Idk why that is, but isn't the point I'm making).

Every one of those is either Elderly, Smoker, Obese or varying mixtures, except for one. The one that isn't - is a diabetic.
    Besides elderly all of those are preventable.

So by your reasoning if you are going to decline treatment to a sub group of tax payers, then those above (preventable category) should also not receive treatment. Wait times reduced dramatically now!
    In Ontario, more unvaccinated people are in ICU and hospitalized than Vaccinated. And at a rate of per 100,000 it's worse (if 100 vaccinated people go into the hospital, it's a less percentage than if 90 unvaccinated go into the hospital, not describing it to you lol, but to whoever might not understand this concept lol). It would be interesting to see the numbers in each region. Just to see.

(getting the numbers from Ontario's website)
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Wizard

In fact not only have we squandered resources on this pandemic that could of saves life's we have caused more death's world wide because of it. Increasing the hunger crisis.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/22/w...er-crisis.html

I guess all life isn't created equal. A 80 year old developed nations life is worth a handful of poor nations kids? We should of let this buck from the get go in my opinion. Now that were way better prepared with both vaccines and treatments, were still implementing restrictions.
    In China during the lockdowns the air quality improved immensely saving an estimated 100 thousands of lives.

I'm not really sure on all the details surrounding that though. Like when lockdowns were lifted and air quality went to shit again, wouldn't all these people just die now anyway. Were their lives really saved?

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    In China during the lockdowns the air quality improved immensely saving an estimated 100 thousands of lives.

I'm not really sure on all the details surrounding that though. Like when lockdowns were lifted and air quality went to shit again, wouldn't all these people just die now anyway. Were their lives really saved?
    I can't speak to that to be honest. Didn't read that article or statistics but yes they were probably pretty close to death's door if air quality was going to kill them anyway.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    In Ontario, more unvaccinated people are in ICU and hospitalized than Vaccinated. And at a rate of per 100,000 it's worse (if 100 vaccinated people go into the hospital, it's a less percentage than if 90 unvaccinated go into the hospital, not describing it to you lol, but to whoever might not understand this concept lol). It would be interesting to see the numbers in each region. Just to see.

(getting the numbers from Ontario's website)
    Might be in here somewhere:
    https://resources-covid19canada.hub.arcgis.com/

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post

Slippery slope.
    All of those groups already contribute more to the healthcare system through additional taxes. Furthermore, none of those groups can spread their diseases to other people, and none of those groups have ever pushed every hospital in the country to over capacity.

But go off, it's easier being disingenuous and obtuse right.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    All of those groups already contribute more to the healthcare system through additional taxes. Furthermore, none of those groups can spread their diseases to other people, and none of those groups have ever pushed every hospital in the country to over capacity.

But go off, it's easier being disingenuous and obtuse right.
    Never heard of second-hand-smoke and its impact I see?

Or do you just wear a mask around smokers too? Everyone knows masks are natures impervious, impenetrable preventative cure-all.