Thread: "Win Now" Trade with Kane, Crosby

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default "Win Now" Trade with Kane, Crosby

Currently I am in first place in my 12-team league with a 9-0 record (details in signature). I've rebuilt my team over the past few years and have let my young core develop together. I thought I would be competitive this year, but didn't expect to start the year this strong. I've been debating selling some future to help my team win now. And funny enough, another GM (2nd last in the league) reached out to discuss moving some aging core pieces. He has indicated that he is open to moving Crosby and P. Kane. He wants 2 players and my 1st round pick in return (didn't mention what pick I'd get back), and one of the players has to be Barzal. I'm a big Barzal fan, but have enough young talent at C that I can afford to move him. Who else would you offer back as the 2nd player? Or any other thoughts on a counter? Thanks!
    12 Teams, 23 Players (max 3 goalies), H2H, Keep 15 (max 2 goalies)
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 2F, 1U, 4D, 2G, 8 Bench, 2 IR+
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK, W, SV, SV%, SHO

Keepers:
    C - Matthews, Eichel, Hughes (LW), Pettersson
    LW - Kaprizov, Svechnikov (RW), Guentzel, Fiala, Keller (RW)
    RW - Marner, Meier (LW), Laine(C/LW), Jarvis (C)
    D - Dahlin​, Sergachev, Theodore, Klingberg, Werenski, Peeke, Cernak
    G - Shesterkin, Sorokin, Merzlikins
    IR - Pacioretty, Ristolainen

2023 Draft Picks: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

**2021/22 League Champion**

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: "Win Now" Trade with Kane, Crosby

I think Crosby and Kane will still be productive for the next 3 years that this will be a good trade for you. You are stacked already with C so moving Barzal is not really a loss, plus you get Crosby in return as well.

If you are going for it this year, will he accept guys like Kakko, Zuc, and Konecny? Considering you are giving up a 1st already.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Kakko and Barzal would be fine with me. Kane and Crosby may be “old” but they’re still going not to produce big time for the next 3 years minimum. I’d personally want to move zucc but if he’s rebuilding I doubt he wants him
    10 Team Dynasty

Forward scoring in sig pic (D premium - G +1, A +1)

Min eligibility - 164 GP skt, 82 GP g

Start 4C, 4LW/RW, 6D, 2G

C
    Eichel, Beniers, Ek, Nelson
    , D Strome, Hayton, Novak
    RW Kempe, Verhaege, Batherson, Buchnevich, Tippett, Barbashev, Seguin

LW B Tkachuck, Forsberg, DeBrusk, Rakell, Jeannot, McCann
    D Seider, Ekblad, Doughty, Nurse, Dobson, Weegar, Pionk, Sergachev, Roy, Forsling
    G Oettinger, Sorokin, Lindgren, Daccord
    MIN Zetterlund, But, Cuylle, Nikishin, Mukhamadullin, Morrow, Bonk, Simashev, B
    Clarke, Nadeau, Afanasyev

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Barzal/Zucarello would be my preference, but you could also send Orlov or another guy in that tier, for example.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ace

These ideas are all great but why would a rebuilding team accept that? To me those types of offers are way too low. This is sid and patty kane, 2 future HOF studs that will still be good for another 3+ years.
    To make the deal more "fair" I would think the other team would want one of: pettersson/Hughes/svech/kaprizov/pasta involved no? I get barzal + the first (which I assume would be a late 1st) but that other piece needs to be a strong piece to make the deal palatable for both sides. Even if some if those names are not movable, that deal would need to be sweetened somehow imo to be viewed as a fair deal for both sides

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Agreed. Zuccarello won’t be of any interest for a rebuild.

Kap/Svech/Pasta don’t really make sense for me, because I’m not sure that makes me better now, and definitely hurts me long term.

I did offer Kakko but he’s not a fan. I’m reluctant to offer Pettersson, just because I don’t think it ever makes sense to sell low on a star. If I were to trade him, it would make much more sense to wait until he heats up, which I think is inevitable. He asked about Meier, which I am hesitant on, because he has been one of my best players this year, and even if he scores at a 60pt pace the rest of the year, he's a beast in our league format.

The player I am thinking about now is J. Hughes. I think he will be a stud and don't want to move him. But I also don’t expect him to help me significantly this year. Which is pretty much what a "win now" trade is all about.

Dobber Sports Icon

id have no issues moving JHughes in a win now..hes zero help to you, hell id even move Petey (i have him as overerated myself now that the league has figured him out it seems)

this is Sid AND PattyKane..
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'd be okay with moving Barzal and Pettersson, but I'd negotiate on the pick coming back.
    Team 1:
    J Hughes, Cooley (r), Bratt, Laine, M Tkachuk, Necas, A Svechnikov, S Jarvis, M Michkov (r), W Johnston, Zegras, Giroux, Norris, Couturier, B Jenner, T Krug, Burns, M Weegar, Werenski, Sergachev, B Clarke (r), Theodore, Sorokin , Oettinger, Askarov (r), Ersson
    12 teams, No salary cap
    Keep 14 plus 4 rookies (under 150 GP) max 18 players
    Scoring: G (1), A (1), +/- (0.25), H (0.1), B(0.1), PIM (0.1), SOG (0.1), GWG (1), PPP (1), SHP (1),
    Goalies: W (2), SO (3), GA (-0.5), OTL (1), SV (0.1)