Thread: Turco - Will He Pull a Kipper?

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Turco - Will He Pull a Kipper?

I am a new Turco owner, and had to give up some assets to get him. I did it because I think he\'s a definite buy low with his awful start. I think his situation is remarkably similar to Kipper\'s in Calgary. A good, balanced team with a decent to good D, which starts out terribly due in part to his bad goaltending, but without a true backup to spell him.

The Flames are now hot, as is Kipper, and his owners are smiling now after putting up with a bad first few weeks.

I think Turco is in the same league as Kipper. He may not have put up as stellar numbers over the years, but all around he has been almost as valuable to his team (excluding playoffs, until the last 2 years).

I think it\'s just a matter of time before Dallas starts to roll again, and when they do things will start to click, both for the team and for Turco. The team is just too good to continue with this terribly inconsistent play, same for Turco, and they won\'t be looking to Tobias Stephen to help them out except for the spot start.

So count me among those who thinks that Turco will soon \"pull a Kipper\". That\'s not because I just acquired him (although of course it was THE reason why I did), just an objective assessment based on the goalie and the team.

Would be interested in hearing your thoughts!

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Veteran

Turco will begin to roll by the end of this week. Morrow won\'t accept to loose and Zubov will be in the lineup(that D has a lot of talent).

Dallas will bounce back.
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Ninja

I too am a new Turco owner. Obviously I believe he will turn it around. I think berni67 is right when he suggests that Zubov coming back will help. Zubov is more important than a lot of people give him credit for.

There is definitely something wrong with Turco\'s game though, some of those goals I\'ve seen go in were just brutal (Gerberesque!). So Turco has a lot of work to do on his own.

Dallas is too good a team and I\'m confident Turco will turn his game around.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket