Thread: Perry or Kopitar

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Perry or Kopitar

1G/1A = 1 pt

Who is the player for this year, and future?

My prediction:

Perry : This year 80 pts, future in the 75-85 pts range

Kopitar : This year 75 pts, future in the 80-90 pts range

Am I OK with that?
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Perry or Kopitar

I want to say that Perry is a 70 point player this year, and probably for his career. Kopitar should get at least 80 points this year, but I\'m thinking (and hoping) he\'s closer to 85. Youre right though, Kopitar should be a career 90 point achiever. I think that Kopitar is the winner in both cases.

If you use positonal requirements Perry might be more valuable as a winger than a center, or if you counted PIMs, Perry has a little bit of a temper, but it looks like in your league, Kopitar is the player to have.
    12 team roto with 6 keepers, G A P +/- PIM PPP SOG, W SV% SHO
    C-Crosby Spezza Connolly
    L-Smyth Rolston Malone Sullivan
    R-Hemsky Ryan Ryder Backes Fleischmann Cleary
    D-Phaneuf Rafalski Whitney Pitkanen
    G-Lundqvist Bryzgalov Theodore Rinne

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Perry or Kopitar

I agree. i see Perry more along the lines of a Chris Drury. A littlemore upside with PIM\'s.

Kopitar is the clear winner if your pool doesn\'t count PIM\'s. You will be glad you own him when the Kings turn the corner and start becoming a good team.
    REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Perry or Kopitar

Without PIMS, Kopitar in a landslide...this year and beyond. If your pool counts PIMS and +/-, this year might lean a little towards Perry....but beyond this year, I like Kopitar regardless.

Good luck.
    12 Team Keeper (max 4 years) ($270 RLD)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, and 2 G weekly
    STATS: F (G,A,GWG) D (G,A,+/-) G (W,GAA,SV%)
    FWD -
    DEF-
    GOAL-

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Perry or Kopitar

Elascom wrote:
    I agree. i see Perry more along the lines of a Chris Drury. A littlemore upside with PIM\'s.
    Excellent comparison. +1.

Both can be a bit overrated depending on who you ask.

Banned

Default Perry or Kopitar

if your league has postitions like C or RW

perry is much more valuable than kopitar, as it is a hell of a lot harder to fill a solid RW than it is to fill a solid C

everything else has alreday been said

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Perry or Kopitar

I agree that Kopitar is better this year, and is probably better in the long run, but I think they are closer than some of the comments suggest.

I own both in my keeper league and Perry reminds me of another guy on my team - Iginla quite a few years back. At the beginning of the 07-08 season I got Iggy cheap because everyone was sick of waiting for some consistent production. He had size and hands but couldn\'t consistently produce.

Since power forwards take so much longer to develop (Iggy had only one season over 75 points before he was 29), people were sick of the hype and had given up. There is a chance Perry will morph into an Iginla style player, and odds are it won\'t be for another 3-5 years, but don\'t be surprised if he breaks out for 80-95 like Iggy did at 25. Expect an average of 70-75 games at slightly more than a point per game over the next three years and you won\'t be disappointed. As long as he continues to click with Getzlaf, he won\'t need to worry about icetime.

Kopitar\'s currently in a dream situation. This is a young team with a lot of upside that reminds me of Quebec in 1990. Hopefully LA doesn\'t get another top C or two like Quebec did (Sakic had to see them draft/get Forsberg, Nolan and Sundin). I was happy LA dodged the Stamkos bullet last year, but think the Tavares one might hit this year. For now though, with his size, hands and production at such a young age, it wouldn\'t be surprising to see 80 or more points this year and an increase in his total by an average of 5 points per year over the next 3.

Either way, I consider these two to be major cornerstones of my keeper squad for quite a few years and don\'t think you could go wrong either way.
    9 Team Points Only Keeper (Protect 10). Roster of 9F, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 6 Bench
    F - Malkin, Kane, Gaborik, Kopitar, Perry, Hossa, Zetterberg, M. Koivu, Hemsky, Cammalleri, Filppula, Ennis, Fleischmann,
    D - Phaneuf, Goligoski, Byfuglien, Robidas, Shattenkirk, Hedman
    G - Miller, Halak, Pavelec

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Perry or Kopitar

NYR9394 wrote:
    Elascom wrote:
    Excellent comparison. +1.

Both can be a bit overrated depending on who you ask.
    i guess it really does depend who you ask because i think this is a terrible comparison. Drury is a leader and hard working \"blue collar\" type of player who brings some intangibles and a decent shot as well.

The ONLY similarity between these two is that they both have a good nose for the net. Oh and i guess they\'re both right handed shots. Thats it. And i might add, I prolly watched about 30+ anaheim games last year and have watched at least 7-8 already this season (thank you, FSN Prime Ticket!).

Perry is known as a bit of an agitator but if you watch the kid play you will see he has really good hands and is quite a good stickhandler too. Although i didnt think he was a good enough playmaker to ever be an 85-90 pt player, watching him this year has begun to change my mind. He has joined Crosby, Getzlaf and Phaneuf as one of the guys on my team i just would not want to trade. He will be a top 20 yahoo standard cat stud for YEARS to come.

Kopitar is an upper echelon offensive player but his value lies in points only leagues. Anze is the better option in your particular league for the future (as long as there are no positional requirements), but I see Perry quite possibly outscoring him this year (though likely not ever again!).

I truly believe Perry is now what Getzlaf was about 1-2 yrs ago... a fantastic player who doesnt get the notoriety playing on a small market, west coast team.
    Dynasty - $100/yr buy-in - YEAR 8 - $100M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C - Crosby, Malkin, Getzlaf
    LW - Pavelski, Domi
    RW - Seguin, Perry
    D - Letang, OEL, Carlson, Hamilton, J. Schultz
    Util - M. Koivu, Aho, Spooner, Atkinson
    G - Rask, Quick

BENCH
    Brassard, Bjugstad, Jagr, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Buchnevich, Ekblad, Beaulieu, Severson, Lundqvist
    PROSPECT
    Puljujarvi, Boeser, Barzal, Dal Colle, Fiala, Sergachev, Lindell

FOUR TIME DEFENDING CHAMPION

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Perry or Kopitar

In this pool I take Kopitar over Perry, any multi-cat pool, I take Perry hands down. His RW eligibility and multi-cat production makes him really valuable in multi-cat pools.
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson