Thread: Will Peyton Krebs be back this season

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Will Peyton Krebs be back this season

Hello all!

League in signature. Points only, 12 keepers. I started a rebuild this year, I need to develop a new core.

Pulled the trigger way too early for an FA for Krebs when he was called up. After 9 games, the Eichel trade happened, and I was encouraged he would have top 6 minutes with PP time and could see what he was made of.

Do you think he’ll get the call back this year, or he stays in the AHL to prevent an ELC year to be burned?

Is Krebs keeper material regarding my situation?

Got 2 nice pieces in Newhook and Puljujarvi at the draft. Is it too intense to keep both Newhook and Krebs? Or should it be only one?

Jarvis is available. Target to add, or replace either Newhook or Krebs?

Thx!
    League 1:
    2022-23 Champ!
    Keep 12, Points only, Salary CAP 96M$, 11 teams. 10 F, 4 D, 1 G + 5 bench
    Weekly lineup (H2H), 3 FA/year
    F: MacKinnon, Nylander, Larkin, B. Tkachuk, Eriksson EK, S. Jarvis, Newhook, RNH, Nichuskin, Keller, Raddysh, Tippett, Berggren
    D: Chabot,
    Byram, Durzi, Sandin
    G: Hill, Schmid

Default Re: Will Peyton Krebs be back this season

Sorry, wrong thread. Can I move my post?

Dobber Sports Veteran

I think we'll likely see Krebs again this year for a brief cup of coffee, but would be quite surprised if he gets over the 9 game threshold. The Sabres obviously aren't going anywhere this year, have no need or pressure to "see what they have" in Krebs at this point, and and desperately need him to develop into what he's projected to be as the core part of the return for Eichel.

So, assuming there's any shred of common sense left in Kevyn Adams and management, they'll be extremely slow and patient with Krebs' development -- particularly after being able to see already that he wasn't thriving at the NHL level this season with the GK's supporting cast, much less the overall step down in talent in the Sabres' lineup.

And even from a CYA perspective, if that's the level we have to operate at, it's near suicidal to have Krebs come up too soon and look overwhelmed at the NHL level. Buffalo is also an intense hockey market, with fan interest and local media and sports talk radio coverage rivaling some Canadian towns. The amount of heat that will be on management if they rush Krebs and he doesn't look ready will be intense and could reignite the coulda/shouda talk around Eichel. I'd have to think the Pegulas, Kevyn Adams and all others involved on the Sabres side really want that subside now and not give any more reason for the torches and pitchforks to come out.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by dejeanneret View Post
    I think we'll likely see Krebs again this year for a brief cup of coffee, but would be quite surprised if he gets over the 9 game threshold. The Sabres obviously aren't going anywhere this year, have no need or pressure to "see what they have" in Krebs at this point, and and desperately need him to develop into what he's projected to be as the core part of the return for Eichel.

So, assuming there's any shred of common sense left in Kevyn Adams and management, they'll be extremely slow and patient with Krebs' development -- particularly after being able to see already that he wasn't thriving at the NHL level this season with the GK's supporting cast, much less the overall step down in talent in the Sabres' lineup.

And even from a CYA perspective, if that's the level we have to operate at, it's near suicidal to have Krebs come up too soon and look overwhelmed at the NHL level. Buffalo is also an intense hockey market, with fan interest and local media and sports talk radio coverage rivaling some Canadian towns. The amount of heat that will be on management if they rush Krebs and he doesn't look ready will be intense and could reignite the coulda/shouda talk around Eichel. I'd have to think the Pegulas, Kevyn Adams and all others involved on the Sabres side really want that subside now and not give any more reason for the torches and pitchforks to come out.
    This is so far above any yes/no because reasons answer I could have provided. I'm inclined to trust the guy who may be moonlighting as a writer for a market-based publication in the region.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by dejeanneret View Post

Gotta like this.

The big "however" here is whether the Sabre's brain trust actually has the brains to treat Krebs as suggested by dejeanneret. Given the past and current track record, I wouldn't bet heavy on that (:
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Awesome read Dejeanneret!

The situation analysis go (or should) beyond the player itself.

As I’m rebuilding, I’ll be patient in case management mistakenly brings him back.

Thx!

Dobber Sports Master

He’s not overwhelming the AHL so the NHL is a way’s away. I think he’s a longer wait than most thought; certainly than I thought. Doesn’t have the strength, even the speed. He has the moves. The shot is meh. The vision and hands are great, but he will need to fill out.

Very interesting agentzero! Kinda in opposition with what I read.

Peyton Krebs info (dating november 6th)
    Peyton Krebs looked great in his first AHL game with the Rochester Amerks.
    Krebs was dealt on Thursday to Buffalo in the Jack Eichel deal and the Sabres decided to send him to the minors to get his confidence back up after he was pointless in nine games for Vegas this season. The Amerks lost 4-1 to the Toronto Marlies and while he was held without a point, he played at center, on the wing and on the point during the power play. “He was outstanding tonight, could’ve easily walked off with two or three points,” said Amerks coach Seth Appert..."(Krebs) plays extremely hard for a young skill player. Then the character and the work ethic, everything you hear is off-the-charts high,” Sounds like the Sabres got a special player. Get him if you can.

Thoughts?

Since he joinded Buffalo he's 3 pts in 7 games, which is indeed disapointing. Oh well... I guess it will be a plesant surprise IF I see him this year.

Thx!
    League 1:
    2022-23 Champ!
    F: MacKinnon, Nylander, Larkin, B. Tkachuk, Eriksson EK, S. Jarvis, Newhook, RNH, Nichuskin, Keller, Raddysh, Tippett, Berggren
    Byram, Durzi, Sandin

Dobber Sports Master

Yes I saw that and watched the game. He has the puck skills, but he isn’t taking the AHL by storm. The physical gifts of size and strength have not caught up. He will grow and get stronger but for the moment, he isn’t coming up to challenge for a Calder. Not this year. Likely not next year unless he has a massive offseason.

Awesome Agentzero!
    Thx form sharing your eye test. This will help greatly regarding my keepers. It's fun to read scouting reports and how a player "should" be... but how that translate into real NHL production is another game. So again, thx for sharing.
    League 1:
    2022-23 Champ!
    Byram, Durzi, Sandin

Dobber Sports Master

Some take longer than others, some surprise and some never pan out. He has the drive, leadership qualities, puck skills and vision. Now he needs the strength, speed and endurance for the NHL. He doesn’t have that but luckily than can be gained. Hockey sense cannot. I think he’ll turn out to be a player but it may take him 3 years. I thought he was ahead of that, but clearly he wasn’t.