Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Eichel to vegas!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Eichel to vegas!

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Without actually saying it out loud, many people have pretty much confirmed the Sabres dragged this out so long to stop Eichel from playing in the Olympics out of spite, which is so very Buffalo.
    I've not heard/read anything suggesting that at all (well, I guess except for some people/posts around here I suppose). Who's been saying/implying that?
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    In the last 365 days:
    - 2014 2nd overall pick Sam Reinhart traded
    - 2015 2nd overall pick Jack Eichel traded
    - 2016 2nd overall pick Patrick Laine traded
    - 2017 2nd overall pick Nolan Patrick traded
    (quickly consults hockeydb.com to see who the 2018 & 2019 2nd overall picks were...)

I don't think Andrei Svechnikov (2018) is going anywhere soon, but Kaapo Kakko (2019, NYR) could be a candidate, especially with Adam Fox and Zibanejad's new contracts coming into effect next season - not sure they can go too high for Kakko, who will be RFA after this season.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Off the top of my head Wyshynski, Lambert, and Marek all have. Others have as well but names aren't at the front of mind. Again, it's the words they say and the words they choose to omit, but it's pretty obviously true.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Thanks. I'll do some digging to find what they've said.

But why is that obviously true? I doubt it's true at all. If it were, why trade him now when there's still a chance he gets back in time? And why then were there so many rumors about Krebs being a non-starter on Vegas' part only to have Krebs now be part of it. I don't know; it's a pretty big conspiracy theory that just doesn't seem to add up to me.

Isn't it more likely that the Sabres weren't getting offers they deemed acceptable (including from Vegas), and Vegas ultimately upped theirs a bit due to the normal course of negotiations and/or a re-evaluation of where they stand (and may end up standing) this season given the number of injuries they've suffered such that the economics now became somewhat feesible in the immediate term with time to figure out how it works in the longer term?

Like an Occam's razor sort of thing....
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

It's been well reported now that this package was actually on the table this summer.

And as discussed already in this thread, there is zero chance an NHL team is going to let Eichel's first games in almost a year be at the Olympics.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Perhaps the package was on the table with the request Buffalo retain salary.
    That would be enough for Buffalo to say no.
    Vegas with Patches & Stone out figure they can squeeze out enough cap space to lift that request and voila.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

Or maybe the lizard people finally came to an agreement with the grays to import the spice from Arrakis and then Capt Picard said engage and the trade was done. Unicorns and rainbows!!! Really - who the heck knows on this stuff. I’m glad I held on him in the couple of leagues I own him in.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    (quickly consults hockeydb.com to see who the 2018 & 2019 2nd overall picks were...)

I don't think Andrei Svechnikov (2018) is going anywhere soon, but Kaapo Kakko (2019, NYR) could be a candidate, especially with Adam Fox and Zibanejad's new contracts coming into effect next season - not sure they can go too high for Kakko, who will be RFA after this season.
    2013 was Barkov, so I think he's not going anywhere, either.

Regarding not retaining salary, I think that if they had a deal where the retain was small, say 1 million or less, that they liked better, that should've been preferred.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

It's been well reported now that this package was actually on the table this summer.

And as discussed already in this thread, there is zero chance an NHL team is going to let Eichel's first games in almost a year be at the Olympics.
    I am of the understanding that Krebs was the sticking point from the Vegas side and they didn't want to include him in a deal and one of the main reasons a deal didn't happen sooner. . Not sure where you read this package was on the table since the summer.

You've said a few times "well reported " but don't back it up with the actual reports.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

David Pagnotta @TheFourthPeriod

Yup. Every indication this deal is more or less what was tabled in the summer. Had Buffalo accepted then, Eichel would be playing now.

Dobber Sports Deity

More or less. No names mentioned in that tweet. Again, as also stated previously, Krebs has been the sticking point and the holdup to this deal happening earlier from the Vegas side.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Can't wait to hear that the surgery was successful.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Initiate

Eichel said he wants to be back in 3 months
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Monster

I heard in a podcast, I think it was Chris Johnston, saying the Sabres got better offers on the draft floor than this one from the Knights. Whoops

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    I heard in a podcast, I think it was Chris Johnston, saying the Sabres got better offers on the draft floor than this one from the Knights. Whoops
    The question always comes back to whether salary was to be retained or not. Was that part of those offers. I have no doubt there were better offers as far as assets go IF the Sabres were to retain salary but that was somewhere they weren't willing to go.