Thread: Advice/opinions on roster moves

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Advice/opinions on roster moves

Hey Guys,

1st league in sig.

I just successfully claimed Shea Theodore off waivers. Used up a streaming spot for the moment so didn't need to drop any one of significant importance.

I now have 6 Dmen - but ideally would be running with 5 (we start 4).

The odd men out to drop are Pulock, Risto and DeAngelo. That being said, I don't REALLY want to drop either of them. Pulock and Risto are money with hits and blocks and I think DeAngelo is going to continue to produce for CAR
    My initial instinct says drop Pulock....but I'm loving his multi cat (including SOG, usually) My forwards aren't very multi cat friendly

As for forward moves.

I have Robertson and Crosby coming back soon and will need to make moves for them as well. I am going to chose between Voracek, Mantha and Farabee
    My instinct says to drop Voracek. If I keep a D I would need to drop two of the F's

Sorry for the jumbled question but I'm just wondering what people would do in my case? Run with 6 D, Drop one and run with 5?

Thoughts?
    Team 1:

G, A, SOG, PPP, SOG, Hit, Blk, W, SV%, GAA, SO

C - Matthews, Crosby, Point, Seguin
    LW - Miller, Tkachuk, Gaudreau, Kaprizov, Schenn
    RW - Terry, Necas, Reinhart, Boeser
    D - Hedman, Pionk, Hanifin, McNabb
    G - Hellebyuck, Ullmark
    IR - Wilson, Petry

Team 2:

G, A, PP, SOG, Hit, Blk, W, GAA, SV%,

C - Kopitar, Hischier, Rantane
    LW - Panarin, Guentzel, RNH
    RW - Marner, Kucherov, R. Smith
    D - Makar, Hamilton, Heisknen, Dillon
    G - Vasilevskiy, Hellebyuck, Ullmark
    IR - Wilson, Aho, Theodore

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Advice/opinions on roster moves

Gut reaction? Drop Risto Drop Mantha. Pulock is at least near the top of the pecking order when it comes to offensive deployment, Risto isn't likely to get near that. Maybe Risto sees a slight increase in deployment opportunity with Ellis out but that won't last. Also, don't over-emphasize peripherals when evaluating players, you can easily stream players that can fill a peripheral category off the waiver wire. Sure it's nice to have players that comfortably fill those categories but if that's all they provide aside from an occasional assist then they're very droppable.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

The Great One

I don't think you need Risto and Pulock - they check similar boxes. In deciding between the two I'd go by PP time and offensive zone starting percentage, and thus far Pulock has the edge in both, so I'd go with him.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks guys. I have a tough time giving up the peripherals when the rest of my team is fairly soft

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd try and package Risto and a forward for a forward upgrade in a deal.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.