Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Habs Hurricane's Rivalry

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Habs Hurricane's Rivalry

So this is getting pretty funny.

After the Canes handed the Habs their 5th lose on Thursday they posted a website, https://didthehabslose.godaddysites.com/ linked on Twitter, to roast the Habs.

Well the website has already been hacked and changed. Lol. Hurricane's still figuring out what to do about it.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Habs Hurricane's Rivalry

My guess is they keep roasting the Habs, but on Twitter and on the ice.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

As long as the Canes media team takes it in good faith when something undesired happens to them, I'm good with all of this. All in good fun.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Yep I am all for this. It's all fun and games and has sparked a rivalry between two teams that many wouldn't have imagined possible.

Dobber Sports Master

It’ll be even more hilarious when the Canes walk from Kotkaniemi in the off-season.

Dobber Sports Genius

They're dragging it out and making too much of it IMO. Canes got their "revenge" with the offer sheet, move on.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Icon

Canes =zero class, like their owner. I love Friedman and Marek laughing it off in 32 Thoughts podcast, oh it’s so hilarious, just like they thought that other no class douche Kucherov was hilarious in that drunken presser. I wonder what their reaction would have been if say the Habs org had trolled the Leafs in a similar way after that playoff comeback, hmmm, bet it would not have been seen as a great joke. Say the Habs registered “Didtheleafslose.com” or something. We’ll we’re not gonna know because Habs org has class (and to be fair the vast majority of other orgs). Can you imagine Shanny, Yzerman, Rob Blake, Lamoriello, Hextall/Lemieux, or even Brisebois condoning anything like that? No, you can’t.

And btw I thought the Habs picking that Mailloux was a huge mistake, but I see that as a Bergevin thing more than the org.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

The Great One

N
    Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Canes =zero class...

not gonna know because Habs org has class (and to be fair the vast majority of other orgs). Can you imagine Shanny, Yzerman, Rob Blake, Lamoriello, Hextall/Lemieux, or even Brisebois condoning anything like that? No, you can’t.

And btw I thought the Habs picking that Mailloux was a huge mistake, but I see that as a Bergevin thing more than the org.
    And here is where you are completely wrong. It was a Bergevin thing and had the organization had a problem the pick would have been renounced and Bergevin would have been fired. That didn’t happen. This organization has about as much class as Lloyd Christmas. It’s a ****ing clown show. Even the tire fire Coyotes had the balls to renounce their ill advised pick. Not the Habs. The only organization in the NHL right now with bigger black eye is the Blackhawks. But the Habs are right there in the heart shaped hot tub with them. Disgusting. Any Habs fan calling any other organization classless is a absolute joke. You should be embarrassed.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post

And here is where you are completely wrong. It was a Bergevin thing and had the organization had a problem the pick would have been renounced and Bergevin would have been fired. That didn’t happen. This organization has about as much class as Lloyd Christmas. It’s a ****ing clown show. Even the tire fire Coyotes had the balls to renounce their ill advised pick. Not the Habs. The only organization in the NHL right now with bigger black eye is the Blackhawks. But the Habs are right there in the heart shaped hot tub with them. Disgusting. Any Habs fan calling any other organization classless is a absolute joke. You should be embarrassed.
    Not in the least bud. It was a huge mistake and there are many, many Habs alumni and fans alike who decried the stupid decision. And you have no idea what the org did behind the scenes - it may be precisely the moment when Bergevin’s fate was sealed, and why he’ll never get re-signed.

And as far as the kid, what a dumbass decision, but do not count me among those who feels his entire career should be shot because of what he did. He was convicted and “served” his penalty - the fact that it was just a fine is a matter for Swedish law, and if you don’t like that lobby the govt there to change the kaw to impose stricter penalties. He should not have been drafted this year, and even publicly appealed not to be drafted, that’s where the Habs made a massive mistake. I feel for the victim in Sweden, and his being drafted in the 1st round of all things couldn’t have been more of a slap in the face to her. The Habs deserve criticism for that, lots of it, but again I firmly believe it was a Bergy thing and he ultimately sealed his fate with that.

This org is class defined. Béliveau, Gainey, Koivu, and then the modern day Price, Weber, Gallagher - it’s character and class and, usually, the organization reflects that.

So I respect your opinion, but respectfully disagree with your take.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Dobber Sports Star

Canes =zero class, like their owner. I love Friedman and Marek laughing it off in 32 Thoughts podcast, oh it’s so hilarious, just like they thought that other no class douche Kucherov was hilarious in that drunken presser. I wonder what their reaction would have been if say the Habs org had trolled the Leafs in a similar way after that playoff comeback, hmmm, bet it would not have been seen as a great joke. Say the Habs registered “Didtheleafslose.com” or something. We’ll we’re not gonna know because Habs org has class (and to be fair the vast majority of other orgs). Can you imagine Shanny, Yzerman, Rob Blake, Lamoriello, Hextall/Lemieux, or even Brisebois condoning anything like that? No, you can’t.

Only a butthurt Canadiens fan would have this view on the whole thing.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Only a butthurt Canadiens fan would have this view on the whole thing.
    LOL. I couldn’t care less they signed KK - in fact I respect the move, which was perfectly legit, and even the 6.1m (if they truly believe in his potential, there is no problem with that number, which was necessary to ensure the Habs didn’t match).

So no, I’m not butt-hurt in any way.

But when the spite of the signing shows through in the way they signed him, the $20, the public trolling (with the cajoling support of supposed “journalists” who are supposed to be unbiased reporters, not sycophants), the website - that i’d just ZERO CLASS. This is all Dunedin’s ego. Zero class. Do you really think Brindamour likes all this? Even Waddell (who incidentally I think is a massively overrated GM). No, they’re all going along because it’s the owner’s little “Ill show them” thing.

The Habs suck this year, not surprising given all that has transpired, the loss of key players, the letdown after the Cup run ended so miserably. As a Habs fan it’s tough to watch but also expected in some ways - and frankly welcome, I’d rather see them miss the playoffs and bring in even more young talent in that deep draft next year.

So I’m perfectly at ease with the Habs getting ribbed and ridiculed by other fan bases, it’s normal, and in good fun, part of being a fan. Ive certainly needled a few Leafs fans out there on occasion.

But for an NHL team to do it? Just classless.

Dobber Sports Star

LOL. I couldn’t care less they signed KK - in fact I respect the move, which was perfectly legit, and even the 6.1m (if they truly believe in his potential, there is no problem with that number, which was necessary to ensure the Habs didn’t match).

So no, I’m not butt-hurt in any way.

But when the spite of the signing shows through in the way they signed him, the $20, the public trolling (with the cajoling support of supposed “journalists” who are supposed to be unbiased reporters, not sycophants), the website - that i’d just ZERO CLASS. This is all Dunedin’s ego. Zero class. Do you really think Brindamour likes all this? Even Waddell (who incidentally I think is a massively overrated GM). No, they’re all going along because it’s the owner’s little “Ill show them” thing.

The Habs suck this year, not surprising given all that has transpired, the loss of key players, the letdown after the Cup run ended so miserably. As a Habs fan it’s tough to watch but also expected in some ways - and frankly welcome, I’d rather see them miss the playoffs and bring in even more young talent in that deep draft next year.

So I’m perfectly at ease with the Habs getting ribbed and ridiculed by other fan bases, it’s normal, and in good fun, part of being a fan. Ive certainly needled a few Leafs fans out there on occasion.

But for an NHL team to do it? Just classless.
    Fair enough, pretty solid response. I would wager that you'd be less heated about it if the Canadiens weren't involved though. I find the whole thing a little silly also, but it doesn't seem like anything worth getting upset about. I think it's less about being "ZERO CLASS" and more a matter of personal taste in terms of what is and what isn't fair play in the world of entertainment.

Dobber Sports Sage

Idk I just find it all comical.

The fact that the website got hacked and now the Hurricane's haven't gotten it back is hilarious. Well that backfired.

If I was to be bitter at Carolina it wouldn't be for anything that happened in the last 5 years :P
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Fair enough, pretty solid response. I would wager that you'd be less heated about it if the Canadiens weren't involved though. I find the whole thing a little silly also, but it doesn't seem like anything worth getting upset about. I think it's less about being "ZERO CLASS" and more a matter of personal taste in terms of what is and what isn't fair play in the world of entertainment.

I guess I’d be snickering a bit if it was the Canes doing that to the Leafs, but i’d still find it to be a bit classless. That said things are changing and I like that lots of teams (esp Knights) are using social media, twitter, etc, in creative ways. I think that’s inevitable, as it reflects also the players themselves having different attitudes with some of this stuff. I just think with the Canes it is going a little too far and is obviously motivated by the owners ego and a vendetta thing. That’s the difference.

The Great One

@ross10019:
    This organization WAS the class of the league for years and years - those names you list are indeed top tier players and individuals. That’s what makes this so hard - to see all that torn down by a completely f’ed up decision. The fact that it may have “sealed Bergevin’s fate” is bs. The team from the top down knew who they were drafting. If that, for some inexplicable reason, is not true, once it was done there should have been action taken and there was not. I agree completely - the kid made a mistake, complied with his punishment, and asked not to be drafted. That should have been the end of it. Move on and pick up his career until next draft. The decision to draft him by Montreal was beyond mind bogglingly stupid, tone deaf, and scummy. The fact that this organization was so storied and classy is part of what makes this move so incredibly asinine. **** this team. If you don’t have a probelm with it you’re just along for the dirt bag ride. Just my opinion.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch