Thread: Boyes or Parise

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Boyes or Parise

I know that Dobber rank Parise for higher upside than Boyes. But last year they both get 65 pts, and this year they are again equal.

I prefer Boyes for now and future because:

1) Future seams brighter in St-Louis than NJ(great D and forward in St-L)

2) Boyes will have more help to get points than Parise in NJ

3) NJ are more focuse on defensive play.

Am I right with that?

Thanks
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Default Boyes or Parise

I think Parise has quite a bit more upside than Boyes does, say 10-15 more points. You make some good points about the surrounding cast in StL, but, as this talent develops, Boyes is likely to move down to at least the 2nd line whereas Parise is a 1st line player all the way. In spite of a more defense orientated team, I think Parise is definitely the one to go with here and even more so in the future.

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Boyes or Parise

i like parise here to. He will be the man in NJ for a while on the #1 line getting tones of minutes.
    10 Team Yahoo Roto League - H2H, weekly changes - $100 WW budget - 75 remaining
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, Sv%, SOot

C - Getzlaf, E.Staal
    LW - Parise (RW), Benn
    RW - Giroux (C), Radulov
    D - Striet, Pietrangelo
    Util - Backes, Riberio, Malone
    G - Halak (Elliot), Rinne, Bryz
    Bench - M.Koivu, Kane (C)

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Boyes or Parise

Ya, this isn\'t as close as you think.

Parise is a legitimate, consistent scorer.

Boyes has a great shot. Parise will generate offense and has a complete game. Boyes benefits from passers. He will always ride shotgun and so you can\'t get steady production from him every year. You\'ll see his points hover from 50 to 65. Whereas Parise should always be 65 and above.
    Sneeze Girl: retired (Brett Favre'd)

9 Keeper, 7 Teams:

1 G, 1 A, 1 PPA, 1 PPG, 2 GWG, 1 SHG, +/-

3 WIN, -1 LOST, 5 SHUTOUT, -0.5 GA, 0.3 SV, -0.2 SHOT

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Boyes or Parise

Easise Parise. I actually like Boyes in St Louis. I just like Parise more, anywhere, even in NJ. That defensive focus is more a bit overblown. NJ is 20th in goal scoring in the NHL. Detroit\'s forwards play a very responsible game, but that doesn\'t seem to affect their ability to score.

Parise is going to finish this season with 75-80 points and will do so for a long time.

Parise\'s (age 24) last three seasons: 32, 62, 65
    Boyes (age 26) last three seasons: 69, 46, 65

Boyes is affected by who\'s on his line. He needs to play with a decent set up guy. Parise makes his linemates better.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Boyes or Parise

Great point commish. Boyes is great, but Parise has that \"speciality\" to him and will be good no matter where he playes. Imagine he played on an offensive team!! Go with Parise here.
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Boyes or Parise

Sorry to weight down the Parise side on you Berni but there is little question for me that Parise is a much more valuable asset than Boyes - Parise is the man, Boyes plays beside the man.

I think the little \'isms\' you use to analyze this are often true but in this case I think you have too much bias on the teams these guys play on and too little emphasis on who the player actually is.

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Boyes or Parise

I agree that Parise is the more valuable asset.

That said, I think everyone is greatly undervaluing Boyes. No surprise, as I think he is among the most underrated players in the entire league.

All this guy has done since he came into the league is score. 69 points as a rookie was no fluke, nor were his 43 goals last year. Boyes has been a goalscorer at every level of the game he has played, and that is continuing. Add to that his relative durability, he seems like he will play 82 games most seasons. I believe he will once again surpass expectations this season and equal his 40+ goals from last year, with 75+ points.

But I still think Parise is the better choice in keeper leagues for various reasons, including that he is more of a gamebreaker and will always take more SOG.

Funny thing is I just traded Boyes away, but that\'s only because I was desperate to solidify my goaltending and giving him up meant getting Turco (and Plekanec for that matter), so it had to be done. But it wasn\'t easy giving up Boyes, he\'ll be a very solid fantasy performer for many years, in my opinion.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Boyes or Parise

I prefer Parise too.
    Looking for a league

Woodbridge Wild

JFHL Cup Champions 08-09 & 10-11

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Boyes or Parise

ross10019 wrote:
    That said, I think everyone is greatly undervaluing Boyes. No surprise, as I think he is among the most underrated players in the entire league.
    I don\'t think that Boyes is a bad player - I really like Boyes, but when given the choice, Parise is just a better option.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket