Thread: May have made too many deals all at once - please give feedback

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default May have made too many deals all at once - please give feedback

With the season starting, my 16 team multi-cat roto dynasty has had a flurry of trade activity going on, and I got swept up.

Categories are:
    G A +/- PIM SOG Shot% PPP SHP Hit Blk FOW FOL (fewest losses)
    W GAA SA SV% SHO

Start 4 LW/RW/C, 6 D, 1 G with daily starts. 23 player roster, so only 4 reserves. 9 in minors who can move up-down if under 82 games played. No playoffs - season totals. Weak spots lat year were Assists, PPP, FOW, and +/- (which I barely care about).

Made 3 deals.

Deal 1:
    Get: Andrew Copp (C,LW)
    Give: Connor Brown (RW)

Deal 2:
    Get: Tomas Hertl (C)
    Give: Martin Necas (RW)

Deal 3:
    Get: Matthew Tkachuk (LW), Esa Lindell (D), Elvis Merzlikins, Joonas Korpisalo
    Give: Alex DeBrincat (LW), Jeremy Lauzon (D), Juuse Saros

Note o the goalies: we're limited to 82 goalie starts, and I have Hellebuyck with Kahkonen, Swayman, and Oettigner in my minors, so Saros was a grab last year when he wasn't going well to become trade bait. I expect that I may be dealing Elvis/Korpisalo on at some point. Had Brossoit last year as well, but we can only roster goalies form 2 NHL teams at once.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: May have made too many deals all at once - please give feedback

I like deal one. Not so much the other two.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Rookie

Deal One I like, Deal Two not so much, Deal Three is okay.
    12 Team League Dynasty (G/A/+/-/ PIM/PPP/SHP/GWS/SOG/HIT// W/GA/ SV/SO/MIN/GAA/SV%

Goalies: Grubauer-SEA, Fleury- CHI, Murray- OTT
    Defense: Slavin-CAR, Faulk- STL, Parayko-STL, Krug- STL, Pesce-CAR, Lindell- DAL, Brondin- MIN, Larsson- SEA
    Forwards: Hintz-DAL, Couturier- PHI, Hischier- NJ, Hertl- SJ, Lee- NYI, Killorn- TB, Wheeler- WPG, Bailey- NYI, Nelson- NYI, Dach- CHI, Puljujarvi- EDM, Danault- LA, Wennberg- SEA, Smith-VGS
    IR: ​Crosby- PIT, Hughes- NJ

Dobber Sports Initiate

keeping with the opinions so far. Deal one is an easy win for you in my book. Deal two looks like a loss to me no offense, maybe hertl gets traded but Necas is just so good. And Deal three feels like it would have been at best a lateral move, but you gave away the best player in the deal in DeBrincat, but maybe it pays off.
    8tm Keep 7FWD,4D,1G
    C,3LW,3RW,5D,2G (positional game played cap)
    G(3),A(2),+/-(1),PM(0.5),PPP(1),GW(1),S(0.4),W(4),SV(0.2),GA(-1),SO(2)
    C:Aho, Barkov, Pavelski(RW), Nugent-Hop(LW)
    R:Rantanen, Pasta, Konecny
    L:Guentzel, Gaudreau, Keller(RW), Benn
    D:Makar, Karlsson, Sergachev, Dobson, Hronek, Sanderson
    G:Vasilevskiy, Hart, Kuemper, Kotchetkov, Husso

Dobber Sports Star

The consensus seems to be forming. I also like deal 1, clear win. For deal 2, I wouldn't deal Necas away unless I was sure the other owner was making a mistake and I don't think Hertl gets you to Necas' level. And for Deal 3, you're giving away the two players I like best, which isn't ideal.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I also like deal one. I don't like deal two. I like deal three as well, I believe Tkachuk and Lindell will have better value in your format than The Cat and Lauzon, as for the goalies, well, who knows, Saros is tough to lose but you locked up the Jackets goaltending and with the other goaltending you have you can afford to part company with Saros. Overall I think you improved your team, not a slam dunk but a reasonable step forward.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Thanks everyone. Rep being doled out.

Deal 2 was the one I was least sure about, and came about as a result of me countering worse offers. Projected stats show it as slight win for me given the categories, and I am biased towards win-now. My team is the defending champ, but I am really a win-now guy in all my leagues. One I joined as replacement didn't survive, so down to 3.

Deal 3 has Tkachuk & Lindell being upgrades, and the goaltending is just there for 30ish spot starts. I realize I gave up name value in net (while getting a better name - Elvis!) so we'll see.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.