Thread: Pulock or Provorov?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Pulock or Provorov?

G, A, Hits, dynasty.

I have Pulock, eyeing another GM's Provorov. Who would you consider the better player to own long term?

If you consider Provorov better, is it by a lot? Thinking I need to add a bit to Pulock, but not a lot.

Any thoughts appreciated!

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Pulock or Provorov?

The Philly defense is a bit crowded so it might decrease the TOI and more importantly his PPTOI. I still think he could get 40 points and 120+ hits. I think Pulock takes a bit of a jump this year and hits the 40 point mark. He will also get his 120+ hits. I'm going to go with Pulock simply for the reason of PPTOI. He's #1 and the Isles PP QB but it is so close. I think Provorov gets slightly more points but not by a lot. I'm just going with the opportunist. If Philly didn't get Ellis or Yandle then it's an easy decision but I'm hesitant. Even York might surprise. Pulock by a duck tail. ( I hate going against Provorov, knowing he's the more talented guy, ugh)
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Feenom View Post
    The Philly defense is a bit crowded so it might decrease the TOI and more importantly his PPTOI. I still think he could get 40 points and 120+ hits. I think Pulock takes a bit of a jump this year and hits the 40 point mark. He will also get his 120+ hits. I'm going to go with Pulock simply for the reason of PPTOI. He's #1 and the Isles PP QB but it is so close. I think Provorov gets slightly more points but not by a lot. I'm just going with the opportunist. If Philly didn't get Ellis or Yandle then it's an easy decision but I'm hesitant. Even York might surprise. Pulock by a duck tail. ( I hate going against Provorov, knowing he's the more talented guy, ugh)
    I agree with this astute assessment. Provorov has more talent, but I think Pulock will be the better own going forward. That back end in Philly is just too crowded for Provorov to really produce any top offensive numbers.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I want Provorov in real life & fantasy - full disclosure, I'm a Flyer fan. Isles are more defensive grinding team, and Pulock has had some success, but not as much. Provorov's also 2 years younger than Pulock, and that matters in dynasty.

Yandle is on a cheap one year deal, and is bad defensively. Once his iron man streak goes, he's on his way out of the league, but it could take a while. He barely hung on in Florida, and doesn't have tenure here. The deal is cheap, so he'll likely get anbother one if he produces on the PP, but he's not guaranteeed to be back next year.

Ristolainen is on a one year deal, and may get extended, but he's not a top pair or top PP D over Provorov.

Ellis is going to help Provorov be able to attack at even strength, but also take some PP time. I can see them getting some PP time each.

I'll worry about York & the rest later on.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.