Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Raymond ready?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Raymond ready?

How do we feel about his chances of sticking with the Wings for this season? From what I’ve seen, I feel like he could slide into a top 6 spot and do well.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Raymond ready?

I think he's at a point where the Wings have to at least give him a 10 game demo
    14 team head to head, 7 keepers
    G, A, PPP, HITS, PIM, +/-, GWG, W, L, SO, SV%
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2 Utility, 2G, 4 bench, 1IR+
    F - Matthews, Marner, McDavid, Debrincat, Thomas, Jeannot, Vilardi, Zegras, Guentzel, Zibanejad
    D - Dahlin, Bouchard, Lauzon, Durzi,. Chychrun
    G - Samsonov, Gustavsson, Askarov

16 team head to head, 15 keepers
    G, A, PPP, SOG, Hit, Block, W, GAA, SV, SV%
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 1F, 4D, 1 Utility, 2G
    F - McDavid, Tavares, Kucherov, Meier, Duchene, Foerster P. Kane, Pastrnak, R. Smith, Forsberg, Poitras, W. Johnston

D - Josi, Reilly, Faber, Matheson, Nemec,
    G - Vasilevskiy, Merzlikins, Vladar, Cossa

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Stalinism View Post
    I think he's at a point where the Wings have to at least give him a 10 game demo
    Yea. But that Wings team is SO bad and the roster so roomy, I just think he has a very good chance to make it. Who's going to be keeping him off the ice? Zadina and Fabbri? Unlikely. All though, I have not seen him play recently, so I would certainly be curious to hear from those who have if he is up to snuff yet. But everything Ive read or heard about him otherwise, makes me think he has a very good chance of making the roster and sticking. There are 4 roster spots in that top 6 I think, that Raymond, even right now, might be an upgrade over the sitting player. Which is damn good opportunity.

Do you have to like decide now if he has to come off one of those prospect positions or something? I assume you are keeping him regardless.

I am actually looking to buy him in keeper and dynasty now, because I doubt he will ever be less costly than right now, which isn't exactly cheap. That at least suggests others are similarly high on his chances.

On a side note, I am staying away or trying to trade away Zadina. I just don't think he's a long term top line guy, probably more of a middle 6 guy. And I think it's only a matter of time before he's pushed down the depth chart a bit, to the 2nd or maybe eventually even the 3rd line.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdanger View Post
    Yea. But that Wings team is SO bad and the roster so roomy, I just think he has a very good chance to make it. Who's going to be keeping him off the ice? Zadina and Fabbri? Unlikely. All though, I have not seen him play recently, so I would certainly be curious to hear from those who have if he is up to snuff yet. But everything Ive read or heard about him otherwise, makes me think he has a very good chance of making the roster and sticking. There are 4 roster spots in that top 6 I think, that Raymond, even right now, might be an upgrade over the sitting player. Which is damn good opportunity.

Do you have to like decide now if he has to come off one of those prospect positions or something? I assume you are keeping him regardless.

I am actually looking to buy him in keeper and dynasty now, because I doubt he will ever be less costly than right now, which isn't exactly cheap. That at least suggests others are similarly high on his chances.

On a side note, I am staying away or trying to trade away Zadina. I just don't think he's a long term top line guy, probably more of a middle 6 guy. And I think it's only a matter of time before he's pushed down the depth chart a bit, to the 2nd or maybe eventually even the 3rd line.
    While I agree with just about everything you wrote, Detroit is likely to do what is best for Raymond's development not what helps the team this season. With a strong camp, I could see him getting a few games at the start of the season and then being sent to Grand Rapids and then brought back later in the season. As a Raymond owner I hope he blows the doors off and makes it impossible for them to send him to the AHL but that would surprise me. Sounds like he was the best Red Wing (no Seider) in Traverse City.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Stud

He's definitely 'ready' imo. But to Daydream's point - I too think Stevie will do what they think is best for his long-term dev. Maybe that's in the NHL... but I think more likely it's the A for 'most/chunks' of the year.

He's one of my faves and the guy I most wanted them to draft @4 in 2020... so am loving to see him emerge early!
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Superstar

The Wings are notorious for brining their prospects along slowly and Stevie Y has lived most of his "hockey life" in that environment. Things are not likely to change, Raymond will not be thrown under the bus IMO. He may hang around for 9 and then back to the AHL. He'll likely be front and center when a call up is needed. I like the Wings rebuild but the fruits of Stevie Y's labours will not be evident for another year or two.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by YzermansLegacy View Post
    He's definitely 'ready' imo. But to Daydream's point - I too think Stevie will do what they think is best for his long-term dev. Maybe that's in the NHL... but I think more likely it's the A for 'most/chunks' of the year.

He's one of my faves and the guy I most wanted them to draft @4 in 2020... so am loving to see him emerge early!
    I agree mostly and see everyone's point about Stevie Y. But Raymond legit could be a rare case of a player too good and too ready to be held back. I do think he will spend some time in the A this year. But I have a gut feeling, with this Wings team being so terrible, with such a lack of talented wingers, that he will end up finishing the season with the Wings. Who's really going to hold him back? Certainly not Fabbri or Zadina.

And I think Stevie Y is one of the best out there. He will know the difference between a player who genuinely needs more development time and a player who would produce right off the bat given the Wings lack of talent. And Larkin sure as heck needs some help. Zadina just isn't cutting it as his "best" winger.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports All-Star

Yzerman will do the right thing. Bringing up Raymond for the entire season just hurts your chances of doing a full tanking. Give him a good look, say he was awesome then send him to the AHL. With Vrana out for some time, it's a great opportunity for management to really look at what they have. But I feel Raymond is a guy they can afford to leave in the minors and let him simmer. Basically this season can be used as an 82 game training camp.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Icon

We have no idea if he is ready tbh…we need to see him in some action to make this determination…same can be said about Holtz. Bothe these guys started great in SHL last year then WJC came, most of Swedish players got COVID and these two have not been the same for rest of the season…if it was their draft year they would both drop quite a bit just like Raty did.

Holtz ended season in AHL and started training camp strong…same can not be said about Raymond…I’m not convinced either play past 9 games but if had to bet I would put my money on Holtz …

So, who knows but if I need to say one way or another I don’t think he plays much this year
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Prodigy

He looked great tonight

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Feenom View Post
    Yzerman will do the right thing. Bringing up Raymond for the entire season just hurts your chances of doing a full tanking. Give him a good look, say he was awesome then send him to the AHL. With Vrana out for some time, it's a great opportunity for management to really look at what they have. But I feel Raymond is a guy they can afford to leave in the minors and let him simmer. Basically this season can be used as an 82 game training camp.
    I agree this is the route they'll take. Sliding a Fabbri into Vrana's spot will only boost his trade value and hopefully get some more assets in return.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Another 2 points from Raymond tonight. I'm getting excited.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Another 2 points from Raymond tonight. I'm getting excited.
    Me too!!
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Sage

Sounds like he has made it very tough for Yzerman to send him down to the AHL. As a Raymond owner, I am quite pleased with his preseason.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Immortal

Raymond has made the Wings.