Thread: Looking at the future. I trade Malkin and Karlsson for Lottery pick.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Looking at the future. I trade Malkin and Karlsson for Lottery pick.

Been offered a top 5 pick in 2023 for Malkin and Karlsson. I have a number of players prospects that need to be added this season including sorokin, denisenko, and Bouchard. With tomasino, boldly, Jarvis, N.Lunqvist Mayb a season after. Malkin and Karlsson are still useful but are gettin long in the tooth.
    14 teams Full Dyansty.Points-G/A3.5,Plus/Minus(1/-1),PIM .5,PPP 2, Blocks .5,GWG 3,Hits .25. Goalies- Wins 3, Saves .15, SHO 6. 20 Roster: 3C,3RW,3 LW, 4D, 1UTIL, 2Goalie starts C: Stutzle,Aho,Petterson. RW:Guentzel, Marner, Boldy, Hagel, Jarvis. LW:Laine, Draisaitl,Kaprizov, Huberdeau. D:Hedman,Dahlin,Heiskanen, Boqvist. G:Vas,Helly, Sorokin. Prospects​: Denisenko,Raty,Morrow,Lambert, Askerov, Wallsteadt.

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Looking at the future. I trade Malkin and Karlsson for Lottery pick.

If we're talking about rookie picks, then at this stage, we're talking about whether you're going to get one of the first 2 or one of the next three. Of course a lot can change, but your confidence in your being able to get one of the first two goes a long way toward analyzing the benefits of any trade.

That being said, Malkin and Karlsson are obviously in decline and the guys you mention that need to be added are high end guys, Especially Sorokin. So sending guys away for a potential franchise-changing player like Michkov or Bedard could be good if you're not in a position to contend.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Looking at the future. I trade Malkin and Karlsson for Lottery pick.

I believe I can take the hit this season and still push for a championship. I think with those two players above I need to take this opportunity to take a shot.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

You will miss Malkin much more than Karlsson, I think. Will your forwards still be good enough? That's the question.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.