Thread: Who Are My Keepers

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Who Are My Keepers

Team 2 in Sig; tried to trade Ehlers, Markstrom, Chabot and my first pick for McJesus but of course that did not lead anywhere. Going back to square one with no trade to alleviate the options in front of me, based on the scoring, who are you keeping.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FOW(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SO(4)

C: Zibanejad,
    Trocheck,Kempe
    L: Draisaitl,Forsberg
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shesterkin,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Who Are My Keepers

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    Team 2 in Sig; tried to trade Ehlers, Markstrom, Chabot and my first pick for McJesus but of course that did not lead anywhere. Going back to square one with no trade to alleviate the options in front of me, based on the scoring, who are you keeping.
    Do you find it useful in your league to keep so many defencemen?
    I'm wondering if you could drop a d-man to make room for Lafreniere or Ehlers?
    8-Team Points-Only Keeper League
    Roster of 25 Players
    No positional requirements for Forwards
    Farm System of 3 Players

Fwds - Rantanen, Kaprizov, Pettersson, J. Hughes, Ovechkin, Malkin, A. Svechnikov, Forsberg, Reinhart, Keller, Gaudreau, Hagel, Eklund

Def - Q. Hughes, Josi, Theodore, Morrissey, Dunn, Letang, Burns, Matheson, York, Thrun

Goalies - Shesterkin, Jarry

Farm - Benson, Hutson, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket 10 View Post
    Do you find it useful in your league to keep so many defencemen?
    I'm wondering if you could drop a d-man to make room for Lafreniere or Ehlers?
    It's def looking like that's the route for one of them and even though I'm a Rangers fan I would select Ehlers who I feel is more ready and in line with my win now core. I do feel the four horseman approach with this scoring does work as I have won a couple times the past five seasons. It's tough because I know as soon as I dump say the likes of Chabot, the Sens will put it together and he will go off haha.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    It's def looking like that's the route for one of them and even though I'm a Rangers fan I would select Ehlers who I feel is more ready and in line with my win now core. I do feel the four horseman approach with this scoring does work as I have won a couple times the past five seasons. It's tough because I know as soon as I dump say the likes of Chabot, the Sens will put it together and he will go off haha.
    Lol Murphy's Law, eh?
    Well, if you've had success with a stacked d-core in the past then why fix what ain't broken?
    Good luck!
    8-Team Points-Only Keeper League
    Roster of 25 Players
    No positional requirements for Forwards
    Farm System of 3 Players

Fwds - Rantanen, Kaprizov, Pettersson, J. Hughes, Ovechkin, Malkin, A. Svechnikov, Forsberg, Reinhart, Keller, Gaudreau, Hagel, Eklund

Def - Q. Hughes, Josi, Theodore, Morrissey, Dunn, Letang, Burns, Matheson, York, Thrun

Goalies - Shesterkin, Jarry

Farm - Benson, Hutson, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket 10 View Post
    Lol Murphy's Law, eh?
    Well, if you've had success with a stacked d-core in the past then why fix what ain't broken?
    Good luck!
    It's tough choices for sure, last season my team was almost unstoppable but Ehlers untimely injury a week prior to playoffs really derailed things. He was so consistent before injury last year that I think he does have to stay over Chabot. He still gets no PP1 time and the word on the street is he might get top line assignment this season with Mark and Blake so he's just so tempting for that reason.