Thread: Price vs Varlamov vs Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Price vs Varlamov vs Bobrovsky

Which one would you target?

Price - hall of fame goalie on a pretty good team

Varlamov - possible split starts with Sorokin but in front of great structured team.

Bobrovsky - could be a sleeper/rebound candidate on a great team? However there is the Night factor.

*all will probably be drafted in the second round of our keeper league draft and all are UFA goalie options.

Goalies are weird to predict but thank you in advance for the feedback!
    14 team dynasty league points only / H2H
    draft up to 35 and cut 5 to 30 after one month of season. 13 active 12 bench & 5 prospects.
    dress 7 forwards, 3 defensman, 1 vet ( 31 & older), 1 rookie & 1 goalie per week

Forwards - Stone, J.T.Miller, A. Svechnikov, Mika Zibanijad, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Nico Hischier, Jack Hughes, Elias Lindholm, Quinton Byfield, Filip Chytil, Nick Schmaltz & Jaden Schwartz.

Defense- Cale Makar, Quinn Hughes, Roman Josi, Thomas Chabot, K'Andre Miller & Cam Fowler.

Goalies - Igor Shesterkin & Karel Vejmalka & Jeremy Swayman.

Prospects - Alex Turcotte, Brandt Clarke, Denton Mateychuk , Henry Thrun & Filip Bystedt.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Price vs Varlamov vs Bobrovsky

It depends on your categories. Varly will likely be the best goalie in most pools although 40-50 starts will be the max. Bob I think has a legitimate chance to rebound again this year and could be fantastic if your pool rewards starts. I'd avoid Price but that's just me, that team is going to have a much tougher year and Price seems to only show up for the playoffs.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Varly and bob are close. I think Varly is safer and basically a lock for 40 starts, Bob has the potential to get more starts but I hate rolling the dice on it. Im not taking Price, personally.

Dobber Sports Sage

I think Varly will go 45ish starts. I'd go with him.

I've never been interested in Bob and it's not to about to start now after his last some years.

Though if you need counting stats more so than rate stats, Price could be an option.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Star

Varlamov if your goal is to win this year.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I think you have summed things up well with your original post. Price is huge VooDoo, I just don't think he can bring what he has done in he past and in the playoffs last year into another year. Seems most agree. We may all be wrong BTW. Which brings us to Varly and Bob. More VooDoo!! Varly is the safer choice and Bob is the home run shot. Really, it's as simple as that IMO. If you want to roll the dice you go Bob, if you want to play it safer then Varly. My recommendation, Varlamov.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    I think you have summed things up well with your original post. Price is huge VooDoo, I just don't think he can bring what he has done in he past and in the playoffs last year into another year. Seems most agree. We may all be wrong BTW. Which brings us to Varly and Bob. More VooDoo!! Varly is the safer choice and Bob is the home run shot. Really, it's as simple as that IMO. If you want to roll the dice you go Bob, if you want to play it safer then Varly. My recommendation, Varlamov.
    That sounds about right to me, just for more info its a very simple points only league. 2 points for a win 2 points for shut out ( 4 point night) , 1 point for overtime loss.
    14 team dynasty league points only / H2H
    draft up to 35 and cut 5 to 30 after one month of season. 13 active 12 bench & 5 prospects.
    dress 7 forwards, 3 defensman, 1 vet ( 31 & older), 1 rookie & 1 goalie per week

Forwards - Stone, J.T.Miller, A. Svechnikov, Mika Zibanijad, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Nico Hischier, Jack Hughes, Elias Lindholm, Quinton Byfield, Filip Chytil, Nick Schmaltz & Jaden Schwartz.

Defense- Cale Makar, Quinn Hughes, Roman Josi, Thomas Chabot, K'Andre Miller & Cam Fowler.

Goalies - Igor Shesterkin & Karel Vejmalka & Jeremy Swayman.

Prospects - Alex Turcotte, Brandt Clarke, Denton Mateychuk , Henry Thrun & Filip Bystedt.

Dobber Sports Ace

Varlamov for me followed by price and I am not on board with a bob rebound like a lot of people seem to be.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Yes Varlamov is the safe choice but a pick up like Bob is the type that can win you a pool. A big question mark that can turn your team around IF he finds his groove. It all depends on what you are comfortable with. All he has to do is be average and he should be the everyday starter. Florida is that good of a team that they can hide a bad game here and there from Bob. But Varly is the safe pick here. Good luck, myself I would pick Bob.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Varlamov - the rate stats will allow you to get ahead on rate stats in weeks, and manage your goalies.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I prefer the safe option of Varlamov.