Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Do I Keep Evander Kane?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Do I Keep Evander Kane?

Unfortunately there is no trading in the off-season so it's either keep or let him go to the draft. I think he would be a very high pick (top 3) just from how other GMs have spoken about him in the past. Thanks for your opinion!
    10 Team Keep 70 Total. Currently 9 Keeper spots. League Established 2012. Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 1F, 1U, 4D, 2G, 6 Bench,4IR
    G, A, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK, W, SV%, SV, SO

F: Marchand, JT Miller, Zibanejad, Robertson, E. Kane
    D: Josi, Fox, Bouchard
    G: Shesterkin

12 Team Modified Keep 4. Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1U, 2G, 4 Bench, 2IR
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, H, B, W, GAA, SV%, SO

F: Matthews, M. Tkachuk
    D: Makar

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Given your situation, I'd keep him.

I expect him to miss games, but I suspect we'd have heard a leak if things were really bad.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ace

I guess now he's being accused of domestic violence and assault. Regardless of whether any of this stuff is true, this doesn't seem like it's going away anytime soon. I expect there will be some other allegation if this one doesn't go anywhere.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Titan

I can see SJS doing everything in their power to void his deal to get out from the money they owe him. The domestic thing might be enough to either remove him from the cap, suspend him without pay, or void his deal completely (if found true if a criminal investigation is started....). But if he's still playing...he's still a good player for fantasy.

Players hate teammates, it happens. They'll play together, they'll still pass to the guy they hate, if there's a fight maybe Kane even steps in more to try and win the team back. It's not like the issues he has is a health risk. The last 2yrs he's apparently not been gambling. I hate him, but if he plays...He's worth a rostering. But I think SJS does everything they legally can to get out from his contract before the season starts.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Genius

Just my hunch… I think that the Sharks will ask that he remain away from the team, not suspended or waived, while they figure out what to do with him. I imagine there is a point that the Sharks, as a team, are better without Kane around. Yes he is owed a lot of money, but I think the team will make more money without him (more wins, more positive PR). Business is business. If one member of a team (in any industry) is harming the overall productivity of the organization then there becomes a dollars and cents tipping point where that individual needs to be separated from the current work environment.

On a personal note… I, as many of you, have played on a sports team that has that one unliked ******* on it. Not just kind-of-a-jerk, but a real grade-A-*******. When ‘this guy’ was at a game our team played one way and were generally listless and terrible and when ‘this guy’ wasn’t there for a game we played spirited, had fun and were a much better team. This Kane situation feels much the same.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Sage

I rather keep him and get burned, then drop him and get burned the other way.

Keep 70 - I don't think you will gain much dropping him now as opposed to later. There's nothing that is screaming, to me, he won't play.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Genius

- I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post

This would've been nice to see a day before keepers were due! Way she goes though. Hopefully he starts the season!
    10 Team Keep 70 Total. Currently 9 Keeper spots. League Established 2012. Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 1F, 1U, 4D, 2G, 6 Bench,4IR
    G, A, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK, W, SV%, SV, SO

F: Marchand, JT Miller, Zibanejad, Robertson, E. Kane
    D: Josi, Fox, Bouchard

12 Team Modified Keep 4. Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1U, 2G, 4 Bench, 2IR
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, H, B, W, GAA, SV%, SO

F: Matthews, M. Tkachuk
    D: Makar

Dobber Sports Demi-God

The betting thing on Evander Kane didn't see concerning. I'm pretty certain even that dumbass would have known not to bet on his team.
    The domestic thing on Evander Kane didn't seem concerning. Of course he's gonna be a shitty husband & father.

But...
    But...

Chris Johnston
    @reporterchris
    Evander Kane is now under a separate NHL investigation for unrelated allegations of potential wrongdoing that were brought to the league's attention.

This is from 6:22pm last night (Sep.22)

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/st...10202538774529
    (And this goes along with the "Where there's smoke..."... a guy like Kane is getting into stuff a bit beyond the line... once investigations are opened up... other stuff might be found.)

I wasn't worried about his position with the Sharks yesterday.
    I am worried today...
    Starting to think the NHL found something new... (drugs maybe?... if it can burn Mike Richards... it can burn Evander Kane...)