Thread: Demko vs. Nedeljkovic

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Demko vs. Nedeljkovic

Keeper/dynasty league (18 player main roster and 12 player farm team), but actually trying to decide who is the better option for this year - Demko or Nedeljkovic. I currently own both, but only have room for 1 on my main roster. The other can be on my farm team - both of them qualify for another couple years (games played limit to be farm-eligible).

Either one would be subject to being claimed on waivers if I try to send them to my farm team from my main team. To avoid needing/wanting to demote them to the farm and risk losing them. So I'd like to hopefully pick the one better for this year, and just stick with them on my main roster. I can swap them freely next off-season if I want, maybe I trade one, etc.

Goalie cats are W, SO, GAA, SV%

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Demko vs. Nedeljkovic

I like both but Demko is my choice. He is incredibly talented and if the Nucks can solidify the back end we are looking at an above average starter going forward. Ned was great for one of the top defensive teams in the league but now he is on Detroit and growing pains are likely.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I actually prefer Nedlejkovic …I think demo will win more but I believe AN will have better stats
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Veteran

Demko for me easily. Especially if its this year only. Just look at that Pacific division, a decent Canucks team should do well.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Superstar

This ones pretty tough. Both these guys are 25, they were both drafted in the second round 35th and 36th overall and they both have veteran backups behind them in Halak and Griess. There, the similarities end. Demko has 72 NHL games under his belt, a small number but significantly more than Ned who only has 29. Ned is with a new team, Demko remains with the Nucks. Despite not so great numbers, Demko is signed for 5 Mil for the next 5 years while Ned accepted a 3 Mil two year contract despite having much better numbers than Demko. That's intersting. So, taking all of this into consideration I'm taking Demko. Here's why. He remains in a familiar environment, Neds' got a new team, coaches, system etc to deal with. The Nucks believe in Demko, the 5 Mil 5 year contract indicates that whereas Neds contract is more of a show me type deal. Demko has the much better sample size, but this boils down to Neds 29 games for me, that along with all the other factors makes me nervous. This is all conjecture on my part, who really knows. Ned is going to have to prove that last years numbers were not a fluke and Demko quite frankly is going to have to play better and improve his numbers. So, far from a sure thing, I'm going Demko. Belexus could be right, Ned could have better peripherals and Demko will have the wins, but expecting Ned to put up similar numbers to what he did with the Canes last year in Motor City this year is going to be extremely difficult.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Ace

Demko. Even if Nedel has a good year, Cossa is probably the future of that team and I don't think he's more than 2 or 3 seasons away. So I definitely prefer Demko's long term outlook.

But also, I still expect the Red Wings to be pretty bad this year. So even if Nedel plays well, his fantasy contribution probably won't be so great. Not that Demko is on a great team, but I think they'll do better than the Wings. And I think the Nucks might even contend for that last playoff spot or 2. While Red Wings, I expect to be bottom 5-8 in the NHL.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy D Monkey View Post
    Demko for me easily. Especially if its this year only. Just look at that Pacific division, a decent Canucks team should do well.
    Agree, think the Nucks can do very well and Demko will be solid. Ned is on a good but still young team learning the ropes together. Good luck
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Feenom View Post
    Agree, think the Nucks can do very well and Demko will be solid. Ned is on a good but still young team learning the ropes together. Good luck
    I agree as well

Dobber Sports Star

Demko for me.

Dobber Sports Monster

Demko. For most of the reasons already mentioned - track record, division, team in front of him, team upside this year, etc.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry