Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Aho+ for Boeser+

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Aho+ for Boeser+

14team dynasty (cap) 25 main roster/40 minors
    3 goalie start minimum a week (daily changes)

G A PPP PIM HIT BLK SOG SHP
    W SVS GAA SHO SV%

Aho
    Blackwood
    Korpisalo
    Burns

For

Boeser
    Gibson
    J. Quinn
    Vladar
    14T dynasty
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    W, SV%, SO, GAA, SVS

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Aho+ for Boeser+

Love the Aho side
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Aho side, and it's not close, unless there's a real cap problem there.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

The cap difference is about 7m between the two (21m to 14m). I'm currently cap strapped, and would be gaining 7m from this deal (I have the Boeser side currently). With some reworking of my current roster, I can tightly make this work (dropping guys line Sanheim Tyler Johnson etc).. my team isn't competitive yet (maybe a year or 2 out).. so I'm looking for the best side possible.. Aho/Blackwood will still be very very young at that point

Dobber Sports Veteran

I dunno about this one. (not familiar with cap leagues) I don't like the trash that comes with Aho. Blackwood isnt attractive to me. Korpisalo is splitting starts, and Burns is probably expensive for what he gives in the tail end of his career on a declined team. Dropping Sanheim may end up being a mistake as well, just to make it all work.
    Aho over Boeser I can see, but Brock is no slouch and could have some stability this season. Vladar I like, but there is a wait time there, Quinn is a prospect on a disastrous team, but has high pedigree and considerable upside. Its a lot closer for me than previous posters (both of whom I have respect for ).

I'd take it and run, if you can make it work. You get lots of upgrades, and have droppable guys.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ace

What do you mean by "you currently have the Boeser side"? That's what you're getting or that's what you currently own? It seems like the Boeser side is the one you want if you're planning for the future and need the cap space. Boeser is going to get a nice raise but at least you can kick the can down the road a little.

EDIT: audiopile hit on exactly what I was thinking. I'd like to add on to his point about Korpisalo. Tarasov is the goalie to own for the future in Columbus, Korpisalo will be out of a job there once he comes in.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I currently own the Boeser side of the deal. Korpisalo is a weak link in the end that I would be getting. I've never been high on him and really, I like Vladar over him as a 1 for 1. I was looking at the main part of:

Aho/Blackwood vs Boeser/Gibson/Quinn

As the main focal point of the deal.. which is where I have been unsure.

You're calling a guy with a tandem gig in the NHL a weak link compared to Vladar, who is a backup right now, and unlikely to beat out Markstrom anytime soon. Korpizalo should be tradable during the season, if healthy. I'd call that a wash, at best for Vladar. You'll get more starts from Korpisalo than Vladar, but you lose Gibson's start advantage over Blackwood.

More importantly, where did Burns finish among D in this league last year? The best skater in the deal for the upcoming year is either Burns, Boeser or Aho, and I'd place Boeser 3rd among them.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    You're calling a guy with a tandem gig in the NHL a weak link compared to Vladar, who is a backup right now, and unlikely to beat out Markstrom anytime soon. Korpizalo should be tradable during the season, if healthy. I'd call that a wash, at best for Vladar. You'll get more starts from Korpisalo than Vladar, but you lose Gibson's start advantage over Blackwood.

More importantly, where did Burns finish among D in this league last year? The best skater in the deal for the upcoming year is either Burns, Boeser or Aho, and I'd place Boeser 3rd among them.
    I'm with Steve here, and I would make the deal for the sole acquisition of Aho :P. Best player in the deal... Can you cut contracts whenever you want or are you stuck with contract length? That's the only way I'd be remotely considering not taking on all that money. But if not... i wouldn't blink here, and I'd take the deal.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Aho side 100%
    8 Team Keeper League
    Keep 35 at the end of the year+5 JR slots(can be kept for 3 yrs after draft or less than 10 NHL games)

Points(4) PIM(0.5) +\-(0.5) Wins(5) SO(5) GA(-0.5) Save(0.1)

Roster:
    17F
    8D
    3G
    12Farm
    5 JR spots

F: Landeskog Mackinnon Kaprizov Panarin Rantanen Bratt Buchnevich Hintz
    Kreider Svechnikov Marner T. Wilson Guentzel Rust Fiala Aho Meier

D: Carlson Toews Theodore Krug Klingberg Barrie Ekblad Weegar

G: Bobrovsky Saros Vasilevskiy

Farm: Hagel, Petersen, Yamamoto, R. Strome, Addison Bjorkstrand ,JEEK, Duchene, Hartman, Severson, Burakovsky ,Nicushkin, Barbashev

JRs: Bourgault L. Cormier Lambos Olausson Zellweger

IR: Couturier/Ellis

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by mdratch View Post
    I'm with Steve here, and I would make the deal for the sole acquisition of Aho :P. Best player in the deal... Can you cut contracts whenever you want or are you stuck with contract length? That's the only way I'd be remotely considering not taking on all that money. But if not... i wouldn't blink here, and I'd take the deal.
    I can cut contracts at anytime without penalty - I can also stash up to 2 contracts in my minors (over 2m, like an overager in the OHL) - so I could send two through waivers ideally without losing them since most teams are cash strapped.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post

Aho finished 11th, Burns 65th and Boeser 68th last season.

Dobber Sports Ace

What I don't understand is the OP mentioned saving money but the Aho side is clearly the more expensive one. Burns and Aho are 16.5 mil on their own.

EDIT: I see now. That's why I was confused earlier. When he said "gaining 7 mil" I thought he meant in savings, not in salary. I just don't think that makes sense for a team that isn't competitive.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by random-d View Post
    What I don't understand is the OP mentioned saving money but the Aho side is clearly the more expensive one. Burns and Aho are 16.5 mil on their own.
    I mentioned (maybe 3rd or 4th post down) that I would be gaining (taking on) $7m in this deal (which would cause me to have to shift a few things around) - notably, guys like Sanheim, Tyler Johnson, Colin White would be on the chopping block.