Thread: Pick 6

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Pick 6

Well another year of fantasy hockey is around the corner, hope everyone's as excited as I am. From the team below which 6 are you keeping. I finished 1st last season with this roster, so I will be drafting last in each round. my plan is to keep Mattthews, Pasta, Makar, Boeser, K. Connor and DeBrincat. Draft strategy is too draft a goalie first round then go after the best available players after that, regardless of positioning. I may attempt to go after a D in the 2nd round if theres a top guy available but I doubt it. Just curious as to what everyones strategy would be. Looking forward to your replies. Thanks.
    10 Team keeper league
    Keep 6
    H2H in each categories:
    SKATERS: G, A, PIM, SOG, GWG, PPP, HIT, BLK
    GOALIES: W, GAA, SV%, SHO

ROSTER:

C- Matthews, RNH(C,LW), Giroux, Stuetzle
    RW- Boeser, Rust, Hartman (C,RW), Pasta
    LW- K.Connor, Debrincat (LW,RW), Skinner
    D- Trouba, Burns, Letang, Makar, Doughty
    Goalie- Markstrom , Bobrovsky, Saros
    IR-

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Pick 6

I can't find a reason to argue with any of your choices. None of those other players are keepable over the players you selected.

Letang, Rust- Penguins will start the season depleted of talent at center and who knows for how long
    Bennet- Kind of a bubble keeper for alot of people who are on unsure of which Bennett they might get
    Chychrun- Solid for a rebuilding team but I'm not going near the Yotes this year
    Weegar- No chance he repeats last year with Ekblad back
    Toffoli- I'm a fan, but I don't trust the Habs, and they don't trust their top players enough it seems
    ROR- Consistent but there's no upside. A theme that seems to work for STL somehow...
    Backstrom- No faceoffs cat, limited value outside of points
    RNH- Same as ROR except it's not a theme with Edmonton

Goalies are just mediocre, only way your keeping one of those is if the draft is thin at that position
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Initiate

Keepers do look good. Not sure I'd be too invested in picking a goalie in the first round unless I could get Vasilevski, Hellebuyck or Lehner, which I can't.

My potential keepers are all below yours, so my strategy will be to figure out if I try to 'retool' with younger players or go with the safe, but average bets. Drafting strategy might depend on which route I take, but goalies likely 2-4 round, otherwise just pick whatever is available with some upside and swing wider the further the draft goes.
    Yahoo Limited keeper: keep up to 8 players from the preceding season, but 2 of them has to be dropped at the end of the season, decided before the start. 'Keep eligible players' from draft round 11 and later, or undrafted.
    16 team league. H2H. League cats: G A +/- PIM PPP SHP SOG FW HIT BLK; W GAA SV SV% SHO
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 6Bench, 2IR
    Keepers 23/24 + cost of keeping. M Seider 2, B Tkachuk 5, D Batherson 4, D Cozens 1, W Johnston 1, F Gustavsson 1. Drafted and keep eligible: J Sanderson, T Harley, J Wallstedt

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by loppantorkel View Post
    Keepers do look good. Not sure I'd be too invested in picking a goalie in the first round unless I could get Vasilevski, Hellebuyck or Lehner, which I can't.

My potential keepers are all below yours, so my strategy will be to figure out if I try to 'retool' with younger players or go with the safe, but average bets. Drafting strategy might depend on which route I take, but goalies likely 2-4 round, otherwise just pick whatever is available with some upside and swing wider the further the draft goes.
    If it’s me I’m dropping Boeser and keeping Chychrun or RoR in his spot… probably church run for me
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    If it’s me I’m dropping Boeser and keeping Chychrun or RoR in his spot… probably church run for me
    I initially thought Chychrun too, but the poster above had an argument about the Coyotes this year and it really can become a dumpster fire by the looks of it. I don't think it would take a whole lot of injuries to Chychrun to remove him from the line up - saves some money and increases the chances of winning the draft lottery. I don't disagree to your advice, but for me it's more about higher ceiling vs risk and high floor. I believe they're all close enough but for different needs.
    Yahoo Limited keeper: keep up to 8 players from the preceding season, but 2 of them has to be dropped at the end of the season, decided before the start. 'Keep eligible players' from draft round 11 and later, or undrafted.
    16 team league. H2H. League cats: G A +/- PIM PPP SHP SOG FW HIT BLK; W GAA SV SV% SHO
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 6Bench, 2IR
    Keepers 23/24 + cost of keeping. M Seider 2, B Tkachuk 5, D Batherson 4, D Cozens 1, W Johnston 1, F Gustavsson 1. Drafted and keep eligible: J Sanderson, T Harley, J Wallstedt

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Maybe Chychrun for Boeser but really depends on what D is gonna be available early in the draft vs RWs.
    I'm expecting Boeser to have a great year with Vancouver and staying out of Arizona for next season at least might be a good idea
    That being said id probably lean toward keeping Chychrun if scoring D is thin in the draft as he's Arizona's guy moving forward and should still see 50+ points