Thread: Patty kane for caufield/Deangelo/Tolvanen??

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Patty kane for caufield/Deangelo/Tolvanen??

Got an offer today. Should I trade away Patrick Kane in exchange for cole caufield, Anthony Deangelo, tolvanen, and a 3rd rd pick? I would consider myself to be top 4 team in 12 team league with an ok shot to make noise in the playoffs. Enough return for Kane? Another factor is my average forward age is 32 so I like the idea of getting younger.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Patty kane for caufield/Deangelo/Tolvanen??

Definitely no. There may be merit to trying to get younger, but even without knowing specific league settings, I think you can do a lot better.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Need more details about the league. I could see scenarios where this makes sense (ie a limited keeper league which lets you roll over Caufield & Tolvanen in a farm system for free) but in most I think you should be able to do better.
    32 Team Dynasty With Cap (83.5M) - H2H Pts
    Skaters: G: 4, A: 2, PPP: 1, SHP: 2, SOG: 0.5, HIT: 0.5, BLK: 0.5, FOW: 0.1, +/-: 0.5
    Goalies: W: 6, SHO: 6, SV 0.25, GA: -2
    Positions: 3C, 6W, 3F, 6D, 2G, 3BN, 20 Prospects

C: McTavish, Newhook, Dellandrea, Parssinen, Sillinger, Jost
    W: Svechnikov, Guenther, Berggren, Krebs, Palat, Foudy
    D: Weresnki, Chabot, Ekholm, Krug, Pelech, Jensen, Forbort
    G: Blackwood, Ersson

Top Prospects: Smith (SJS), Savoie (BUF), Bourgault (EDM), Bourque (DAL), Perron (CAR), Korchinski (CHI), Nikishin (CAR), Jones (NYR), Cossa (DET), UPL (BUF), Daws (NJD)

Dobber Sports All-Star

I think he may be worth a bit more. IF DeAngelo behaves and IF Tolvanen is supposed to break out and IF CC can be what the Habs hope he can be then this is a good deal. But too many IFs for my liking. Patty is still going to rock it this year so I’d want a bit of certainty coming back.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Superstar

If you want to take advantage of the rather significant expertise here on the Forum I would strongly recommend that you create a Sig and provide all the information that we need to help you. Your league cats, what your team looks like in detail, all of that information is absolutely critical.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Wizard

I think if u were offered this mid April you would laugh at it, but CC hype is making you think about it… too many things would need to happen for this to be good enough…hard pass for me…specially if you are competing
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Caufield is a great piece for Patty Kane... not too sure about the other in this deal, i feel like you can get a bit more. Deangelo should be a non factor here as we have no idea how he's gonna turn out with the Canes short or long term so i look at this as...

P.Kane for Caufield and Tolvanen.

Which is clearly not enough futures for a guy like P.Kane, Caufield i think is gonna be a star but if Tolvanen doesn't pan out you really take a loss here.

Dobber Sports Novice

If this helps for reference. I moved Patty Kane, Denisenko, and Dobson for John Carlson, J.Norris, and O.Bjorkstrand.

Dobber Sports Jedi

short answer no.

Counter with Caufield as a piece sure, but I would stay away from DeAngelo. he might give you 60pts or he could give you a year long team/league suspension. Which Tolvanen is he going to turn into? That post draft superhyped stud? or a 50-65pt complimentary forward.

You need a Grade A return on Kane, blue chips and top 8 1st round picks
    This is a blue chip and a bunch of question marks.

If you are a top end team in the league - you don't trade Kane. if you're team is falling apart then you trade block him and be patient.
    Don't trade him in camp. Wait till the season starts and teams filter into position. If teams can taste a chance at a title - your return goes way up.

I reject. Remove from my trade block until Christmas... or until a red-hot streak (IE: 20+pts in last 10gp)
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ace

I have to give it up to the GM that made that offer though. If you look at the upside on the players offered it looks like a tempting deal and if it weren't for the teams that Caufield and Tolvanen are on I think I would be tempted to snap it up and gamble on Deangelo being added value. I think you could definitely come out even on this deal at the floor, and I have to say in a dynasty league and under the right circumstances, I think this could work. Tolvanen and Caufield should combine for around 100 pts so Deangelo and picks is icing. The critical factor here is not knowing enough about the league and the roster in question. In a vacuum, and assuming the team is on the verge of needing to retool or rebuild (based on the information provided) I think I would ask for a better pick (or and additional pick) and call it good. It won't be long before Kane's name value starts to decline, so the window to get something similar done might be small.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Ace

Definitely not enough. Kane will out produce everyone in that offer until he decides to retire. His game has aged beautifully.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Icon

Another no vote. Caulfield is a pretty good piece but he's so over-hyped right now so now is not a great time to acquire him.

Dobber Sports Novice

Ok so update… the offer is now:

Lucas Raymond, Cole Caufield, Ryan Ellis, and tarasenko.

I could stash Raymond and caufield on the prospect bench. Maybe tarasenko returns to form?