Thread: Barkov for Huberdeau/Lehner

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Barkov for Huberdeau/Lehner

ESPN league below. Still working on what 10to keep, but tentatively: Barkov, Eichel, Tervainen, Laine, Hintz, Wheeler, Backstrom, Theodore, Dahlin, Pionk.

Got offered Huberdeau and Lehner for my Barkov.

My goaltending is pretty well gutted, with Knight being a long-shot keeper. I’d like to remain competitive in the league, not rebuilding. Also of note, I don’t have a 1st or 3rd rounder in the draft.

Barkov and Hubs score at a similar rate, but Barkov is 2 years younger, gets more goals, and out scores Hubs in peripherals like Faceoffs and shots.

Wondering what you all think. Thanks in advance.

ESPN - 12 team Keeper - Keep 10 (max 2 goalies) - 24 player roster
    G, A, PIM, STP, SOG, FOW, HIT, BLK | W, SV, SV%, SO

F: Backstrom, Wheeler, Giroux, Laine, Barkov, Tervainen, Nugent-Hoskins, Marchessault, Hintz, Robertson, Eichel, Rust
    D: Dahlin, Theodore, Pionk, Trouba, Ristolainen,
    G: Rask, Knight, Vanacek
    IR:

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Barkov for Huberdeau/Lehner

If I were you I'd hit the accept button fast before the other guy changes his mind. Simply put, you are getting the goalie you seriously need for peanuts.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    If I were you I'd hit the accept button fast before the other guy changes his mind. Simply put, you are getting the goalie you seriously need for peanuts.
    Well, yes and no.

It’s keep 10 so it’s Barlov plus hints or dahlia for hubs and lehner. Now since OP is desperate for G I may still do it but it’s not slam dunk and you loosing quite a bit of skater stats to get Lehner who will play max 50 games if healthy all year and that is big IF.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    Well, yes and no.

It’s keep 10 so it’s Barlov plus hints or dahlia for hubs and lehner. Now since OP is desperate for G I may still do it but it’s not slam dunk and you loosing quite a bit of skater stats to get Lehner who will play max 50 games if healthy all year and that is big IF.
    Right. I’d have to cast off Pionk.

I certainly need to tender. Buddy has Fluery, Lehner and Price, so he’s looking to get some value out of one of his goalies he’s going to lose no matter what (keep 2 max).

Dobber Sports Wizard

Well how bad are his forwards? Would he accept Laine straight up for any of the Gs? Or even Hintz? He can only keep 2 of 3.

that maybe what I try first before I trade your best player for next year ( I’m assuming Eichel does not play) …don’t bail him out.

or do u trade Eichel in similar deal and not Barkov….if he takes it

but I would not drop pions with your set up no matter what…hints or liane be my drops if u need to drop someone
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Sophomore

His forwards are pretty stacked. Laine doesnÂ’t upgrade him at that position. HeÂ’s a no go on Eichel (asked him initially when he led with Barkov).

I hear you with Pionk. I love his cross cat production and heÂ’s shown the ability to get to 45pt pace in two consecutive years. What is your hesitance with Hintz? Injuries? Or Dallas as a team? Just curious, since Hintz kind of unexpectedly played his way into my keeper list by going point per game last year.

As for Laine, IÂ’m probably giving him one more year to see if he can return to form. Unless a trade comes about that I canÂ’t refuse.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I mean I'm not actually a big fan of blocker style goalies like Lehner, but it's effective and he's going to get you wins while playing behind a stacked defence which will limit high danger chances against... He should have a good save percentage and amount of shutouts. So he's a great own going into next season, probably one of the best until he proves otherwise. Points production will be similar between Huberdeau and Barkov.. So you're losing out on some cats (FOW mostly?) but gaining strength in a keeper position where you need some help.

So, if you can replace the FOW elsewhere (drafting), I'm with Bubba here, I'd be making this trade before he changes his mind, because I don't think you compete until you improve in net. Someone like Dvorak gets a lot of faceoff wins and should have increased production next year... something to think about.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Mdratch: solid points. Barkov is really my only faceoffs beast. Giroux has fallen off over the last few seasons due to playing more wing, Backstrom is average in the dot, RNH doesn’t do much either. Draws were never a strong category for me, firmly middle of the pack. I like your point about Dvorak. He’s been one of my fav depth adds in fantasy for a few years but he should get a better opportunity in Montreal.

Dobber Sports Superstar

An interesting discussion and all valid observations. However, my point is that with 33% of your scoring cats being goalies, simply put, you are in big trouble. You don't have a starting goalie and unless you get really lucky you will not have a starting goalie all year. With the exception of Knight, and we'll see what happens there, your long term goalie outlook is also pretty bleak. How competitive can you really be? Lehner, IMO, and in the opinion of many others, is likely the 3rd best option in nets going into this year behind only Hellebuyck and Vasi. All the "analysis' aside, is replacing Barkov + a drop with Huberdeau and Lehner improve your team or not? Maybe your league is different, but in my experience with goaltending, your chances of getting into the money with the goaltending and skaters you have is very questionable.

Further, unless your league is different than most, acquiring quality goaltending is extremely, and I do mean extremely more difficult than finding skaters that will fill other cats. At the end of the day, does the FOW cat trump all the goalie stats? Is losing Pionk the kiss of death as his numbers can't be replaced in the draft? Personally, I don't think so, far from it. Can you draft a goalie that will perform even remotely close to the numbers Lehner will put up this year? I think you are being handed a golden opportunity to fix a big problem you have and the cost to do so is absolutely within reason and manageable.

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

Drops

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I pulled the trigger today. Hard to pass up the deal. My only concern is Lehner's band-aid status. Most of the rankings are putting him as a top 5 option in net tho. And when I look at Barkov and Huberdeau comparisons, I am seeing Hubs ranked (slightly) higher. The fact that I didn't need to include a pick or another player is just a little extra gravy dribbling down my chin.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Nice I think this was a good decision for you. Well done!

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by mdratch View Post
    Nice I think this was a good decision for you. Well done!
    BINGO!

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Keepers

Drops