Thread: Gibson follow up - now who to target

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Gibson follow up - now who to target

I wrote about what to do with John Gibson a little while ago. I was able to trade my first round pick and Gibson to move up to pick 4th overall in round 1. I have the incredible Dobber guide and FHG to help decide who to target. My league is a 12 team, H2H, start two goalies a week and cats are Wins, Sv% and GAA. My current goalies are Jarry (FHG value = 70), F Andersen (45) and Demko (-6).

Our league is a keeper league with contracts. When a player contract expires, they go back in the draft pool. The top goalies available this year according to FHG are:

Swayman (94pts - 7 year contract)
    Saros (88pts - 4 year contract)
    Francouz (70 - 1 year)
    Ullmark (59 - 4 year)

With the contract situation, I am leaning toward Swayman (even if Rask comes back). Francouz's one year contract removes him I think. Based on this, would you go Swayman (great #'s, small sample size), Saros (great 2nd half, NSH scares me) or Ullmark (should blossom with a better team, injuries..). Since I am picking 4th, one of these might be gone when i pick so maybe i am looking for a rank order...

Thanks for your advice!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Gibson follow up - now who to target

I would go with Saros. Rinne retired, so Saros should get even larger chunk of the games this year.
    Saros is the undisputed started and even if Askarov makes a big push I think Saros wills till share the next for a couple years.

The Boston situation could be very murky if Rask returns.
    Rask, Swayman and Ullmark - who gets backup duties and who gets sent to AHL or out of town?

Too much risk involved in Swayman/Ullmark situation to pay the 4th pick for either of them.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I would go with Saros. Rinne retired, so Saros should get even larger chunk of the games this year.
    Saros is the undisputed started and even if Askarov makes a big push I think Saros wills till share the next for a couple years.

The Boston situation could be very murky if Rask returns.
    Rask, Swayman and Ullmark - who gets backup duties and who gets sent to AHL or out of town?

Too much risk involved in Swayman/Ullmark situation to pay the 4th pick for either of them.
    with contract they gave Ulmark he is a guy unless he falls flat on his face...i personally dont think there is any chance Rask returns before playoffs and if he does that be one year deal and Ulmark is back at the helm next year.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

The Great One

Saros > Ullmark > Swayman for me. If you moved Gibson and a 1st to get a higher draft pick to improve your goaltending, then picking Swayman just seems like a step backwards this year (unless you don't trust Ullmark to stay healthy)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I had wrote a lot about Swayman in another thread... but BOS moved out Vladar this off-season, enough to show HUGE faith in Swayman.
    Ullmark is, of course, an injury risk.
    And to have 7 years of Swayman is great... and BOS should be good for quite some more time.
    And hopefully they re-sign Bergeron at a discounted old-man's price... seems like a good lockerroom.

I really think he's going to be a great goalie for Boston.
    7 years, yes, do it.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Swayman
    Saros
    Ullmark
    Francouz

I like him being there for 7 years. Ullmark has to be consistently healthy and play well to keep Swayman on the 2 spot. Not worried about Rask at all.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent