Thread: RNH, Reinhart, Hall or Garland?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default RNH, Reinhart, Hall or Garland?

In a salary cap league yes, but I have the money to sign anyone of them for the long term. Contract and money are not a big concern. The question is: Which one is best for now and the next two years for points? I need some points this year, but will need some consistency to be a contender in this 3 year window.

RNH. Will he play with McDavid and for how long? This is always his problem but there is always potential for more if he sticks around for an entire season. He isn't going anywhere so its just a matter of time.

Reinhart. Feel like this guy is just primed for an explosion of points, but been waiting his entire Buffalo life to no luck. So many weapons on Florida, will he just go off? Is this the year the former #2 pick shows why he was taken before Draisaitl?

Hall. Remember when this guy was good? Or is he still good? Not the top line in Boston, but of all my choices he has an actually history of big points. Is he a reinvigorated former MVP that puts up big points or are Coyle and Smith a bunch of anchors that he struggles to play with?

Garland: So far he has progressed at good rate in the wasteland of fantasy points, Arizona. So does that mean he will continue to make big improvements playing with much more talent in Vancouver? He was the man in the desert, but in Vancouver there are other offensive options to be used.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Salary Cap League - 13 Teams
    Cap: 83.5 Million
    Roster: 2 LW, 2 RW, 2 C, 2 Wing, 1 Forward, 4 D, 1 G, 5 Bench, 7 Farm
    Cats: PTS 1, PIMS 0.1, Blocked Shots 0.1, hits 0.1; Wins, Goals Against(-), SO, Saves

C: Crosby, Pavelski
    F: Mercer
    LW: Guentzel, Kaprizov
    RW: Kucherov, Marchessault
    W: E. Kane, Perron
    D: Q Hughes, Bouchard, Addison, Sandin
    G: Shesterkin
    Bench: Raanta, Rossi, Guhle, Garland

Farm: Soderstrom

Free Agents: Maccelli, Newhook, Gudas, Carrier, Kyrou, Gustafsson

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: RNH, Reinhart, Hall or Garland?

It's Reinhart or RNH for sure. As tantalizing as McDavid is, RNH has pretty much shown what he is along side him (60-70 points). Reinhart for me as he was putting up 60 points in Buffalo....so I'm sure that rises, perhaps substantially (could see 80 out of him if absolutely everything goes right).

Dobber Sports Stud

I would agree with honkytonk. Reinhart has best upside, RNH second. Hall seems to be excluded from Boston’s top line for now, and Garland is a talented crapshoot (should be top-6, but top PP??)
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

I...am your father.

I like Reinhart the best. After that, Garland intrigues me
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Ace

Reinhart
    RNH
    Garland

Hall

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'm going Reinhart and then Garland. RNH does get to play on that juicy top pp... I just think Garland could really turn up the heat in the Canucks top 6. We'll see if he squeezes onto that top PP which could put him over the top...

Either way I'm gambling on Garland and taking Reinhart here.

OH and RNH third, Hall fourth.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Very close, they should all be in the mid 60's for points. In this situation I would gamble on biggest upside. Which they all have factors that could point toward higher upside. I'd take a shot with Reinhart.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Hall/RNH
    Reinhart
    Garland

“Done did it” over “maybe, we’ll see”

It all close. Still think this is Hall and Nuge’s race between these 4.

Dobber Sports Newbie

Am I crazy for liking Garland the most? He still hasn't hit his 200 game threshold and he's the youngest. The lastest Dobber guide said it best, this season will be the litmus test for Garland. He either explodes and becomes a ppg player or he levels off at 65.
    14 team dynasty points only. skaters: 1 point for goals/assists. goalies: 2 points for wins/shutouts.

start 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 3G with 14 players on the bench.

F: Jason Robertson, Tim Stutzle, Brady Tkachuk, Trevor Zegras, Logan Cooley, Leo Carlsson, Kent Johnson, Wyatt Johnston, Matthew Savoie, Dawson Mercer, Quinton Byfield, Seth Jarvis, William Eklund, Logan Stankoven, Kirill Marchenko, Marco Kasper, Joakim Kemell

D: Moritz Seider, Luke Hughes, David Reinbacher, Olen Zellweger

G: Devon Levi, Spencer Knight, Dustin Wolf, Akira Schmid, Carter Hart, Daniil Tarasov, Trey Augustine, Jacob Fowler, Adam Gajan

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Well the first 6 responses make it pretty clear that Reinhart is the man here, but things start to change a little later in the thread. I really want it to be Reinhart as I have been waiting for him to breakout forever, but like Dobber says, I am also intrigued by Garland. His trajectory looks great and he is in a really good position to succeed with much better talent than he ever had in Arizona.

But then there is Hall. Kinda surprising that he is now thought of just as a 60 point guy. Is it all because of him being a 2nd liner in Boston or is that now all he is capable of doing?
    Salary Cap League - 13 Teams
    Cap: 83.5 Million
    Roster: 2 LW, 2 RW, 2 C, 2 Wing, 1 Forward, 4 D, 1 G, 5 Bench, 7 Farm
    Cats: PTS 1, PIMS 0.1, Blocked Shots 0.1, hits 0.1; Wins, Goals Against(-), SO, Saves

C: Crosby, Pavelski
    F: Mercer
    LW: Guentzel, Kaprizov
    RW: Kucherov, Marchessault
    W: E. Kane, Perron
    D: Q Hughes, Bouchard, Addison, Sandin
    G: Shesterkin
    Bench: Raanta, Rossi, Guhle, Garland

Farm: Soderstrom

Free Agents: Maccelli, Newhook, Gudas, Carrier, Kyrou, Gustafsson