Thread: Gerber or Budaj?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Gerber or Budaj?

I\'m trying to make a decision in my third goalie position. I have to make a decision between Gerber and Budaj. My other two goalies are Nabokov and DiPietro. Who is the better pick? Gerber could be in the process of losing his job and the Sens aren\'t looking too good. Budaj is younger and the Avs are off to a hot start, but are they going to be a good team long-term? Who is better for this year and moving forward, Gerber or Budaj? The categories are W, GAA, SV % and SO.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Gerber or Budaj?

It\'s not a pretty situation, but I\'m inclined to go Gerber. Budaj has never really shown anything at this level. Raycroft hasn\'t either in four years, so maybe Budaj keeps his job. But I don\'t like banking on that.

Gerber at least has been good in the past. Ottawa wants to move him, but then again they wanted to move him last year too. I\'d prefer a guy who at least has been good to a guy that never was.

Of course this really could go either way. I could easily see Budaj have more value this year.
    10 Team Keeper Roto League (G, A, +/-, PIMs, Shots, Defensive Points, GAA, Sv %, Wins) - Keep 10 each year
    23 man roster, plus 3 man IR: start 4 of each forward position, 6 defensemen, 2 goalies, 3 man bench

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Gerber or Budaj?

I would go with Budaj, hands down. While Budaj gets his starts, Gerber will be booed out of Ottawa. I say that figuratively, as it will be hard for Ottawa to move Gerber with his salary and his poor skills.

Also, I disagree that Gerber is the better goalie. Budaj had 31 wins in 57 dtarts 2 years ago and 16 wins in 30 starts last year. His save %age was fine as was his GAA in each of those past two years. He may not be great, but he is not bad and will get his starts. Also, he will win many of his starts. I cannot say the same for Gerber.
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Gerber or Budaj?

Agreed. Budaj is the best option here. Gerber will just frustrate you all year. At least Budaj has some upside and the team in front of him can score in bunches.
    Keeper League
    Keep 16, Dress 12 Skaters,6D,3Goalies Bench 6
    6 Skater Cats G,A,Pts,PPG,+/-,PIM
    3 Goalie Cats SPG,GAA,GPS
    Forwards: Perry DSedin Spezza MKoivu Skinner Seguin
    Defence: Doughty Karlsson Myers Boyle Subban Kaberle
    Goalies: Lundqvist Price

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Gerber or Budaj?

I have to say Budaj too. Even if the sens are winning not much chance you will see Gerber in their net. I think Auld is solidifying his spot there. Budaj is the better choice and I think they will show a little more patience with him than with Gerber.

Good Luck
    REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Gerber or Budaj?

Budaj all the way, I can see Gerber riding the pine around mid season, Auld deserves a starting job somewhere.

Dobber Sports Star

Default Gerber or Budaj?

Another vote for Budaj. I think this guy could surprise with how good and how much upside he has. He had great stats as a 24-year-old, and took Colorado on an incredible run for the last playoff position in 2007, picking up the pieces for Theo.

My (cautious) prediction is that Budaj will blossom into a bonafide keeper in the next year or two. Get him while you can. B)
    10 Team H2H Points-based Keeper League

G, A, PIM, SOG, +/-
    W, SO, SV, GA

C: H. Sedin, Stamkos, Backstrom, Duchene, Granlund
    LW: D. Sedin, Landeskog, B. Schenn, Tatar, Boedker
    RW: P. Kane, Voracek, Hudler, Silfverberg, Toffoli
    D: Ehrhoff, Edler, Franson, Del Zotto, Myers, R. Ellis, Hamonic
    G: Quick, Bishop, Holtby, Peters, M. Jones

Farm: Terevainen, Nurse, Raanta

League Champion: 2009, 2011, 2013 and 2014

12 Team Roto Dynasty League Champion: 2011 and 2013