Thread: Wideman Eriksson for Enstrom Boedker

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Wideman Eriksson for Enstrom Boedker

16 team full keeper, multi cats. I\'m on the Wideman side of things. I think I like this deal but just want to be weary of selling Eriksson short, he\'s really turned it on lately and I know there are some believers on here. Thoughts? Thanks guys
    20 team h2h (multi-cat) dynasty league, 1st season
    C: Getzlaf, MacKinnon, Eakin, Backlund, Schroeder, Bjugstad, Miller, Gaustad
    LW: M Foligno, Wilson, Tatar, Bailey, Palat
    RW: Ovechkin, Voracek, Frattin, Coyle, Clutterbuck
    D: Barrie, Del Zotto, Brodin, Vatanen, Gudas, Donovan, Murphy, Hamonic, Grossmann, Michalek
    G: Pavelec, Schneider, Enroth

Dobber Sports Expert

This will pay off for you later [you are the one acquiring Enstrom/Boedker right?]. Eriksson\'s upside is hard to guage...he\'ll hit it playing with Ribeiro/Morrow though. Wideman is a serviceable D, but Enstrom is clearly the more talented of the two...it\'ll just take him a while to develop in a full-season contributing D [especially in ATL...where there is little of fantasy significance].

Enstrom is certainly the better D keeper and I think Boedker might be also down the road.

Bottom line...even if Boedker = Eriksson you win this deal by virtue of adding Enstrom.

Good call.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Ace

Thanks Andrew, those are pretty well my thoughts so far as well.
    20 team h2h (multi-cat) dynasty league, 1st season
    C: Getzlaf, MacKinnon, Eakin, Backlund, Schroeder, Bjugstad, Miller, Gaustad
    LW: M Foligno, Wilson, Tatar, Bailey, Palat
    RW: Ovechkin, Voracek, Frattin, Coyle, Clutterbuck
    D: Barrie, Del Zotto, Brodin, Vatanen, Gudas, Donovan, Murphy, Hamonic, Grossmann, Michalek
    G: Pavelec, Schneider, Enroth

Dobber Sports Genius

Wideman - I was pretty impressed with his progress last year. Points were decent, but it was the minutes played that got me to thinking he was starting to look pretty good.

Eriksson - I\'ve never been a believer in this guy. Seven points in 10 games is a nice start, but I\'d rather watch him racing on someone else\'s team right now and then go get him if he sticks it in my ear.

Enstrom - I tried & tried to get this guy last summer. I was certain he was the real thing. Bad finish last year. Ah, so what Kovy was awful too going point a game over the last couple months. Of course it filtered on down to Enstrom. Then they signed him to a nice contract there a few weeks back. What, $14.0M over four years, something like that. He\'s small, GOOD. That means he\'s going to be used in offensive situations... right? Well the good news is he\'s playing 20 minutes a night with about three on the PP. I\'m feeling pretty naggy about it right now though.

Boedker - I didn\'t think the kid would make the team this year. A wicked playoff (Kitchener is only a few minutes down the road from here) after a good regular season. I was sure he\'d go back to Jr. and that the Coyotes would tell him to go get a couple of points a game, then come see us. Score more goals. 50 would be good. Instead he\'s playing 17-1/2 minutes a night in the NHL. A lot of guys don\'t get 17 minutes a night until they\'re 30. No assists so far, and that\'s what he\'s really good at! There\'s a big element of luck in assists too though, so I\'m not worried about that.

Clearly you got the two players with the most upside. If Wideman settles out (another Ontario boy from just down the road) he could become a steady 40 pointer with a big shot. That\'s not bad risk to get one of the elite young prospects, Boedker, and a potentially high reward young D-man in Enstrom. Boedker is the key. Very good chance that his value scoots way past Wideman. It probably is all ready.