Thread: I'm screwed right? Eichel debacle ...thoughts? Keep or not to keep?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default I'm screwed right? Eichel debacle ...thoughts? Keep or not to keep?

Title says it all ...

I am in Yahoo H2H Keep 5 League. (16 player) League info listed below:

Roster Positions: C, C, LW, RW, F, F, D, D, D, Util, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR+, IR+
    Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: G / A / P / (+/-) / PIM / PPP / SHP / GWG / FW
    Goaltenders Stat Categories: W / L / GAA / SV / SV% / SHO

So what do I do with Eichel. He may be traded or he may have surgery. If he has surgery he will be out for quite a bit I would assume. So do I keep him and then stash him on IR or do I just let him go?

My Keepers as of now .. Draisaitl / Lafreniere / Eichel (?) / Shesterkin / Hart.

Leon Draisaitl Edm - C,LW
    Tim Stuetzle Ott - LW
    Mikael Backlund Cgy - C,RW
    Alexis Lafreniere NYR - LW
    Kevin Hayes Phi - C
    Thomas Chabot Ott - D
    Justin Schultz Was - D
    Craig Smith Bos - RW
    Alexandar Georgiev NYR - G
    Brian Elliott Phi - G
    Ryan Getzlaf Anh - C
    Jared McCann Pit - C,LW
    Nic Dowd Was - C,RW
    Adam Henrique Anh - C,LW
    Alexander Radulov Dal - LW,RW
    Jack Eichel Buf - C
    Eeli Tolvanen Nsh - LW,RW
    Igor Shesterkin NYR - G
    Carter Hart Phi - G

I know the thoughts of many of you .... why keep 2 goalies. Goalies are a premium in our League. Its just the way it is ...and to get a starting goalie you will pay out the nose. Many GM's in our League keep 2 goalies as Keepers. So what do I do with Eichel? Keep and stash him on IR or let him go and keep either Chabot or Stuetzle. I really don't think of either Radulov or Tolvanen as keepers. No one else on my roster is worthy of Keeper status.

This whole Eichel mess has put me in a pickle ....

Thoughts?

Many Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by pilldoc; August 3, 2021 at 3:32 PM. Reason: spelling
    League #1
    Yahoo 14 team Keep 5 Keeper League

Roster Positions: C, C, LW, RW, F, F, D, D, D, Util, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR+, IR+, IR+, IR+
    Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: , A, P, (+/-), PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW
    Goaltenders Stat Categories: W, L, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C (x2): Bedard / Draisaitl
    LW: Stutzle
    RW: Giroux
    F (x2): Bratt / Terry
    D (x3): Heiskanen / Morrissey / Jones
    Util: Jenner
    G (x2): Korpisalo / Grubauer

BN (x4): D. Teows / Boldy / UPL / B. Schenn

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: I'm screwed right? Eichel debacle ...thoughts? Keep or not to keep?

keep him. even in a limited keeper situation like yours. things will eventually work themselves out and remember he's only 24 years old
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

The Great One

Oof. No Lafreniere, no Hart. I'd rather keep Stutzle or Tolvanen. For a second goalie you'd be better off with Georgiev. Better yet, keep all the young guys (Laf, Stuts, Tolv, Shest) and trade Draisaitl for a top notch goalie and build for the future. You're not going to compete with this roster anyway.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Oof. No Lafreniere, no Hart. I'd rather keep Stutzle or Tolvanen. For a second goalie you'd be better off with Georgiev. Better yet, keep all the young guys (Laf, Stuts, Tolv, Shest) and trade Draisaitl for a top notch goalie and build for the future. You're not going to compete with this roster anyway.
    He's in a 16-team, keep 5. I would say that his keeper options are pretty good.

To the OP: You know your league best. If keeping Hart is in your best interest, then definitely do that. Philly's defense should be improved from last year, so I expect Hart to give you better stats. The problem with Eichel is that no one is going to give you proper value for him right now. Your course of action is to be patient and hold (your IR is an excellent spot for him, as long as he qualifies), or to bundle with a non-keep asset (e.g., Stutzle) to try to get a similar calibre player back from a team that would also keep Stutzle. Whatever you do, do not drop him!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

In a 16 team keep 5 I don't think I am keeping Hart FYI
    You have to keep Eichel. He is still an elite talent and there is always the chance he gets the surgery he wants which puts him starting the regular season.
    In a keep 5 there is a chance to be competitive every year.
    Drai, Eichel, and Shesterkin are locks for me. Then likely Laf because I think you will regret letting him walk down the line. Tolvanen or Stutzle for the last spot.
    That gives you a lot of youth and two potential wild cards in Laf and perhaps Stutzle, so keep that in mind when drafting and focus on established talent.
    Last edited by COLT.45; August 3, 2021 at 4:06 PM. Reason: Thought 16 player meant roster not number of teams**

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by tobias View Post
    He's in a 16-team, keep 5. I would say that his keeper options are pretty good.
    It's a 16 teamer but hey have 6 F and 3 D - this is simply not a competitive roster. I'd be ok keeping Eichel as well - and build for the future. On Hart - I've read enough analysis on his game that shows he's simply not agile enough side to side and doesn't read plays well enough at this level to be a star. The improved D should help. But he's not a top tier goalie and not worth a keep. Too many questions.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Deity

I'm definitely keeping Eichel. No brainer.

Hart is a tougher pill to swallow. Does 16 player mean 16 teams or 16 skaters on each roster?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

I think you have to ride out the storm here. If you can trade Eichel great, but don't sell low! If you have to keep him, then keep him. Tweetdrivr makes a valid point, you have an awful lot of good young guys including Eichel, maybe you accept the "I'm screwed" thing this year but go into the following year with a very nice core. I guess a lot depends on what your draft looks like, are you stocked up or did you move some picks to compete, certainly if you have a weakened draft then looking to the following year makes even more sense. Something worth considering. The good news is, your not alone in your misery, every keeper pool has an Eichel owner and they're in the same boat as you (:
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Sage

I think you have a better chance redrafting Hart than you do others in consideration for keeper..
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Wizard

Drafted 2 brand new leagues this year....first one Eichel goes 16th in the other he goes 7th...you definitely want to keep him even if he does not play all year dont drop him unless you have first overall pick to get him back lol
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Grand Master

First, you have 2 guys who are distressed assets in Eichel and Hart. Both should be fine longer-term, but short term, things may be bad.

You have 8 reasonable keeper options in a keep 5, starting 2 G, 5 F, 3 D, and 1 Util (I'm assuming skater only):
    Draisaitl
    Lafreniere
    Eichel
    Stuetzle
    Tolvanen
    Chabot
    Shesterkin
    Hart

I think Tolvanen is the most obvious non-keeper from that list.
    I feel that Draisiatl, Eichel, and Shesterkin must be kept.

That leaves the bubble guys as Hart, Chabot, Steutzle and Lafreniere. I can't fault anyone for picking any combination of 2 of these guys.

I'd rather have Stuetzle than LaFreniere - he's more likely to get dual eligibility, and I have them in the same tier.
    Chabot has proven that he has 50+ point upside.
    Hart has shown he can be a very good goalie.

They are all young, and if goalies are highly prized in your league, keeping Hart makes sense. If defense are prized, keeping Chabot makes sense.

I'd look to deal your 2 non-keepers for picks.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.