Thread: Rank: Ehlers, Teravainen, Boeser

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Rank: Ehlers, Teravainen, Boeser

Points only
    Curious to hear your thoughts on these guys moving forward.

Boeser seems to get the hype, Teravainen seems to be undervalued because of his injury, and Ehlers had a hot year but only put those numbers up for a half season and coaches don't seem to think he can handle big even strength minutes.

I think they are all very close, and part of me loves TT for having already put up almost two seasons at a ppg pace, but curious to hear thoughts!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Rank: Ehlers, Teravainen, Boeser

My fears for TT is Necas pushing him down to the second line as Marty showed great chemistry with Aho and I like his upside more. Boeser seems like the safest pick and Ehlers has the best skill/speed of the three. I also think he has the best upside, but he has to show it consistently for longer than half a season. For me, and it's between Ehlers and Boeser. But it's close. For all three. Again with TT it's all dependent on Necas pushing him down. I think he can.

Nacos is a supremely gifted player who has the speed, great hands, and shot that scream future superstar to me, but that's just me.
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports All-Star

When Turbo plays he puts up the points. Ehlers got played everywhere on that lineup last year so I hope they find him a landing spot, preferably top line and top PP. Boeser does get top line and top PP minutes and hopefully with EP back he takes it to another level. So based on situation:

Boeser
    Turbo
    Ehlers

But give Ehlers more of that cold stuff then he’s at the top, he’s the more versatile player.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Immortal

Ehlers
    Boeser
    TT

Dobber Sports Superstar

Boeser - Seems to be cemented nicely in the Nucks system, 1st line, 1PP. He's also the youngest of the three at 24, Ehlers 25, TT 26 so, is there another gear or two here? Maybe.

TT - This guy can drive the play and dish the puck. He will get his points. He will play with quality line mates regardless of how the lines get juggled. He'll remain PP1 as well.

Ehlers - I'm just not certain where he fits in with the Jets. He just doesn't seem to have gained the full trust of the guys behind the bench. If he continues to be deployed like he has been, well, not the best situation for racking up the points. Perhaps the highest upside but lots of uncertainty.

All this said, these guys are all close. This could end up completely the reverse. So, for what its worth ...
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I’m going to go with Ehlers, Tuevo, then Boeser. Ehlers is still young and I think will just keep improving. Necas does worry me but the talent is definitely there for Tuevo. Boeser was hot and cold last season in a weak defensive division but showed some elite skill at times. He should get better with a healthy EP back in the lineup. I like all three, and any could take the top spot but this is my belief for now.
    10 Team Dynasty

Forward scoring in sig pic (D premium - G +1, A +1)

Min eligibility - 164 GP skt, 82 GP g

Start 4C, 4LW/RW, 6D, 2G

C
    Eichel, Beniers, Ek, Nelson
    , D Strome, Hayton, Novak
    RW Kempe, Verhaege, Batherson, Buchnevich, Tippett, Barbashev, Seguin

LW B Tkachuck, Forsberg, DeBrusk, Rakell, Jeannot, McCann
    D Seider, Ekblad, Doughty, Nurse, Dobson, Weegar, Pionk, Sergachev, Roy, Forsling
    G Oettinger, Sorokin, Lindgren, Daccord
    MIN Zetterlund, But, Cuylle, Nikishin, Mukhamadullin, Morrow, Bonk, Simashev, B
    Clarke, Nadeau, Afanasyev

Dobber Sports Stud

It's close between the three but Ehlers seemed to have unlocked something last year and I fully expect him to continue on this path.
    He's a special talent in my eyes and he has the highest potential imo.
    He was the driving force of the Jets 2nd PP, so much that it essentially became the 1st PP wave at times.

Ehlers
    TT/BB
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Ace

Ehlers

TT
    Boeser

(TT may have more potential competition from Necas, but he's a more reliable player to me than Boeser is)

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by tobias View Post
    Ehlers

TT
    Boeser

(TT may have more potential competition from Necas, but he's a more reliable player to me than Boeser is)
    This is how I see it too.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by tobias View Post
    Ehlers

TT
    Boeser

i like this ranking
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Pro

Ehlers has the most talent and when everything else is this close, I think talent trumps the rest. He'd be my pick. If the Jets ever give him more leeway and trust him with more minutes, he'll be even better.

Teravainen had an injury filled year so it's tough to judge him based on that but his role on the PP seemed to decrease with the rise of Necas and while that can change again next year, I'd be worried about that.

As for Boeser, he's just fine and should be a consistent 60-65 point guy, but I don't think there's much more upside. Everything absolutely clicked for him last year and even then, he was on a pace for 72-73 points. Add that to the fact that he's been hit with injuries with fairly consistently.